+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
application received feb 13th, 2020...

no aor 1 yet. every time I call it's "you're application will be processed in due course"

ugh
actually that's not normal at all, most feb apps are in pre arrival state, so i really think you should ask your MP to follow up on your file, did you at least get your file number?

Last edited:

BobbyinON

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
windsor
Category........
VISIT
application received feb 13th, 2020...

no aor 1 yet. every time I call it's "you're application will be processed in due course"

ugh
This is insane! don't take it light!!
Most of the feb applicants are in close to final stage, hence go meet your local MP and get a lawyer help as well. but keep the faith!!!

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
actually that's not normal at all, most feb apps are in pre arrival state, so i really think you should ask your MP to follow up on your file, did you at least get your file number?
No we're not? The tracking sheet doesn't seem to show that, and my GCAS hasn't updated since March 2020, but I'm one of those stuck in Mississauga limbo.

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
No we're not? The tracking sheet doesn't seem to show that, and my GCAS hasn't updated since March 2020, but I'm one of those stuck in Mississauga limbo.
Sorry to hear that, i think people stopped updating the tracking sheet during this COVID-19 none sense, i am a February 24 applicant and even though our application is from Quebec(it normally takes longer than other apps) we are waiting for pre-arrival and medical exam( in quebec applications medical is one the last steps of the process), i really think you should talk to your MP if you haven’t received biometrics and medical,by the way if you have linked your application to GCKey it means you have your file number and AOR 1 , but for the rest you should really inquire about your application from IRCC

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Sorry to hear that, i think people stopped updating the tracking sheet during this COVID-19 none sense, i am a February 24 applicant and even though our application is from Quebec(it normally takes longer than other apps) we are waiting for pre-arrival and medical exam( in quebec applications medical is one the last steps of the process), i really think you should talk to your MP if you haven’t received biometrics and medical,by the way if you have linked your application to GCKey it means you have your file number and AOR 1 , but for the rest you should really inquire about your application from IRCC
I belong to a WhatsApp group of people stuck in Mississauga for over a year. It's a few hundred. There are similarly sized Facebook groups.
I sent in a webform end of last year and it took them a month to get back to me that they did receive my Medical etc from June 2020. But my GCAS still says I need to do Medicals, it never updated.

How fast you're processed really depends which processing center you were sent to.

athinavidi

Oct 28, 2020
I belong to a WhatsApp group of people stuck in Mississauga for over a year. It's a few hundred. There are similarly sized Facebook groups.
I sent in a webform end of last year and it took them a month to get back to me that they did receive my Medical etc from June 2020. But my GCAS still says I need to do Medicals, it never updated.

How fast you're processed really depends which processing center you were sent to.
So you have done your medical and biometrics because you said you haven’t even received the AOR yet? If yes there’s really nothing you can do but wait for the pre arrival and decision made, every February applicant is in the same situation

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
So you have done your medical and biometrics because you said you haven’t even received the AOR yet? If yes there’s really nothing you can do but wait for the pre arrival and decision made, every February applicant is in the same situation
My GCAS notes from December said they hadn't started the Background check etc.
For non Quebec you do the Medicals early in the process. There's no guarantees you'll get AOR2.

sh_ed

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Not everyone from Feb 2020 is at the final stage. There was a whole bunch that just got their application sent to VO 3 weeks ago,

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
In the same boat as you! Nothing since March. So damn frustrating.

Reactions: Caly

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
my understanding and I could be wrong is.
outland goes to Sydney first. Inland goes directly to Mississauga.
from the said completeness check and possibly SA the Outland apps go to the respective country’s local office for further processing on the PA. Certain countries like India (and I think USA/ Philippines) get processed locally as well as Mississauga. I believe in India’s case it was due to workload management. Can’t say for the other two. As far as I know the assignment is random, but I’ve seen some unconfirmed rumblings it’s dependent on the complexity of the case. There isn’t a way to have it “forced” to Mississauga. Presently also applications in Mississauga have not been touched since March 2020. it’s the most desirable VO right now for Outland . Ottawa and Beijing on the other hand are pumping out PRs.

also I think for some countries London is the deemed local VO.
Hope this helps!
Thanks so much, yes I get you well.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Our application was submitted Feb 6 2020. We had our Bio Medical and sponsor approval all done before mid march. Nothing since then. Our file hasnt moved to a VO either.

Anyone else around that time period as well waiting?

Naila Haris

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Pakistan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Feb 2020
Our application was submitted Feb 6 2020. We had our Bio Medical and sponsor approval all done before mid march. Nothing since then. Our file hasnt moved to a VO either.

PA country???

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020

Same situation as you until Jan 21st, when our app was moved to LVO. GCMS notes suggested it hadn’t been touched until then.

Now waiting for it to change to application received in ECAS and maybe, at some point, back to in progress for AOR2 (finally!).

Recommend ordering your notes at this point if you haven’t already?