+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Folks, any Outland applicant whose file is in CPC Mississauga got any sort of updates in past 10 months?? Any update for the matter of fact!!
I am just afraid if anything happened to our files or if they are all forgotten!!
I never saw a single update for any Outland files from Mississauga in past few months
Nothing. They seem to be working on inland apps at the moment.

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi everyone, I have been a silent follower of this forum.
Today I need a little clarification regarding my sponsorship application.
I applied for my spousal sponsorship application on 18th of feb 2020
1st aor was on 1st of March 2020.
Sponsorship approval was on 3rd of September 2020.
Medical test request was on 19 of September 2020. And passed on 23rd September 2020.
Since then we didn't received any updates for long time , all of a sudden today a hour ago my wife received an phone call from a random visa officer stating he was from ndvo and interviewed her on phone call asking about our marriage dates and relationship..
So here my question is , does everyone receive a phone call from visa office , is it normal while processing spousal sponsorships or just few picked applicants will receive a call like this , and what would be the next step coz my wife never received an aor2 from ndvo and no biometrics yet . I appreciate any reply yo my questions.
Hi.. Our file has similar timeline as yours..
Applied of Feb 26th
AOR on March 13th
Medicals Oct 1st, received a letter that my file is moving to NDVO Mid Oct.
Biometrics on Dec 9th
Could you please tell me what questions did the visa officer ask your wife on the phone? I will let my wife know in case she gets a call too.. Thank you!

Reactions: febi

KADER9297

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi All

Kindly I would like to share with you about my case I sent an email to LVO 12/Jan and I requested the current status of my case. Then 15/Jan I got an email from LVO "Please be advised your application is currently pending transfer to London, and you will be contacted further in due course". Again Jan-21 my sponsor got an email confirming that my file forwarded to LVO. 7-Feb again I send email to LVO and today here's their reply with a code-reply like (XXXXXX Reply)

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that given global restrictions resulting from COVID-19 and subsequent service disruptions, we are currently providing essential services only.

Your application is currently in transit and given the above disruptions, we are unable to confirm receipt of your application at IRCC London at the present time.

While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 will have an impact on processing times and we are unable to respond to repeat enquiries.

Please did anyone got same like me (Reply with code number). what do you think about my file? do they forward my case to another VISA OFFICES? APPRECIATE

Afzi

Nov 24, 2020
Hi I'm planning to go to India. Can anyone share their experience boarding the Air India flight?
Do I need negative Covid test to board the flight?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi I'm planning to go to India. Can anyone share their experience boarding the Air India flight?
Do I need negative Covid test to board the flight?
You should contact AI yourself to find out the current requirement, they can change anytime. What a person needed a week or month ago might not be enough now.

Reactions: cjr and DiiDii

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Anyone from Lebanon heard from the visa office in Beirut lately?
I sent a message through web form more than 2 weeks ago no response yet.

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
Hi.. Our file has similar timeline as yours..
Applied of Feb 26th
AOR on March 13th
Medicals Oct 1st, received a letter that my file is moving to NDVO Mid Oct.
Biometrics on Dec 9th
Could you please tell me what questions did the visa officer ask your wife on the phone? I will let my wife know in case she gets a call too.. Thank you!
my timeline is similar to yours. my husband did not receive any phone calls for verification , but received pre- arrival letter today . On february 1st there was an update that review of additional documents were going on.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I am a PR, applied for my wife's sponsorship, got approved and received her passport back on Jan 27th, booked her a flight for Feb 20th. All i want to confirm is does my wife need any other document other than the ones stated below?
- Negative PCR test report
- Passport with stamp
- COPR
- Arrive Can receipt sheet
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy my PR card, etc. to prove that she is indeed my wife
- She is my immediate family member so I know she won't need any Authorization letter from IRCC

Is there anything that I am missing? Please add if so.

Thanks all in advance

Reactions: mandy24

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Nothing. They seem to be working on inland apps at the moment.
Guys I don't understand certain things I need clarification on Mississuaga, London Office, Sydney Processing centre what does they do, I thought they receive our application from the carrier service and check completeness of the file and after that if it's complete they will transfer the files to the PA's country for further processing right, but I see people who has received AOR2 who still talk about Mississuaga, London office and so on. How do they work. Can a Ghanaian application be sent to Mississuaga for further processing.

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Guys I don't understand certain things I need clarification on Mississuaga, London Office, Sydney Processing centre what does they do, I thought they receive our application from the carrier service and check completeness of the file and after that if it's complete they will transfer the files to the PA's country for further processing right, but I see people who has received AOR2 who still talk about Mississuaga, London office and so on. How do they work. Can a Ghanaian application be sent to Mississuaga for further processing.
my understanding and I could be wrong is.
outland goes to Sydney first. Inland goes directly to Mississauga.
from the said completeness check and possibly SA the Outland apps go to the respective country’s local office for further processing on the PA. Certain countries like India (and I think USA/ Philippines) get processed locally as well as Mississauga. I believe in India’s case it was due to workload management. Can’t say for the other two. As far as I know the assignment is random, but I’ve seen some unconfirmed rumblings it’s dependent on the complexity of the case. There isn’t a way to have it “forced” to Mississauga. Presently also applications in Mississauga have not been touched since March 2020. it’s the most desirable VO right now for Outland . Ottawa and Beijing on the other hand are pumping out PRs.

also I think for some countries London is the deemed local VO.
Hope this helps!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Referring only to outland:
Sydney receives and checks for completeness. After that, would be sent to any other visa office for processing.

Before covid was more simple: files either went to Mississauga or a visa office abroad, usually (almost always) with specific regional responsibility (eg Accra for Ghana and a few other countries in the region, London a large hub for Europe and Middle East, Mexico for parts of caribbean and latin america). Some countries would always get sent to regional, some would go either to office abroad or in Canada (for criteria/reasons not clear to outsiders - probably complexity).

Now: they are sending files to different places as they attempt to speed things up - Ottawa now one option, Beijing and a few other offices in China/Asia similarly.

But bottom line: you can't influence it; and when the file is complete and passport requested, it doesn't make any difference, passport submission abroad and will get issued/printed at the respective office abroad (or Canada for those outland applicants that happen to be in Canada). [I don't know how they do for USA applicants.]

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi all,
I am a PR, applied for my wife's sponsorship, got approved and received her passport back on Jan 27th, booked her a flight for Feb 20th. All i want to confirm is does my wife need any other document other than the ones stated below?
- Negative PCR test report
- Passport with stamp
- COPR
- Arrive Can receipt sheet
- Photocopy of marriage certificate, photocopy my PR card, etc. to prove that she is indeed my wife
- She is my immediate family member so I know she won't need any Authorization letter from IRCC

Is there anything that I am missing? Please add if so.

Thanks all in advance
@armoured could you please advise?