singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi everyone need ur assist

when principal applicant got UCI No & App No is that mean ARO2?
NO AOR2 is when you get 2nd acknowledgement by specific V.O. AOR1 gets you the UCI+applicant's FILE no.

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Did your representative not use email as primary contact?

That's frankly ridiculous in this day and age.
Exactly it is I'm too stressed again wait waitk since feb 17 n didnt even get an AOR so far now again we have to wait for the mail god knows what in that letter I hope all is well

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/welcome-syrian-refugees.html

26,172 Syrian refugees were resettled in Canada within 118 days, between November 2015 and February 2016,
There are two other posts in this particular thread from further back that I also want to address as they are entirely unnecessary and irrelevant. (This Feb 2020 thread in particular is riddled with misinformation and unnecessary hostility)

This is the first one. This is exactly the type of thinking that causes resentment towards refugees and protected persons. There is no denying that background and security checks are one of the longest parts of a spousal application to verify, but it’s not the only one. This is particularly true if the PA is not from the USA, the British Commonwealth, and certain other European and/or visa exempt countries due to the fact that Canada has easier access to shared information and that information is accurate and reliable.

That being said, proving the genuineness of a relationship can also take a while. And in some cases a long while of back and forth between you and IRCC if you have not satisfied them that your relationship is genuine. A refugee, Syrian or otherwise, does not have to prove anything about a relationship in the same regard as that is not their main reason for coming to Canada. They are coming to Canada to escape death in war torn countries where the possibility of being blown to pieces in their own homes simply for being an innocent civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time is a reality. Naturally, processing times need to be quick in order to save lives and are priority.

While you may be suffering anxiety, financial troubles, etc from being separated from your spouse, you’re not going to drop dead because of it. Your life isn’t at risk because you can’t see your spouse. Coming to Canada is not a right, it’s a privilege, and when it comes to spousal applications the only reason Canada is allowing you the opportunity to come here is because your sponsor has informed them they’re in love with you, and you as the PA genuinely return the sentiment. If you can prove that relationship is legitimate then Canada will grant you the right to build a life together in Canada, since as the PA your sole reason for coming here is and should be because of your spouse. Many people who are granted permanent residence status via spousal sponsorship would not have qualified on their own and are only granted PR because of their spouses.

Yes, processing times suck. Yes, it’s tough being away from your spouse. My spouse and I lived on opposite sides of the world for years before he received his COPR. Not once did I feel the need to have a go at people escaping war and death to save their families. My husband was perfectly safe in New Zealand and came to Canada for me and because of me, and he fully understands the privilege he was granted by the Canadian government when after background checks and scrutiny of our marriage, they determined that they could in good faith grant him permanent residency.

Covid 19 is the reality and it will bog the system down. That can’t be avoided. Marriage fraud in Canada is also a huge issue and the very reason we need to go through this long process in the first place. Refugees are not the problem and it’s an entirely different process than spousal applications. I would suggest channeling your frustrations somewhere more productive.

Last edited:

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
There are two other posts in this particular thread from further back that I also want to address as they are entirely unnecessary and irrelevant. (This Feb 2020 thread in particular is riddled with misinformation and unnecessary hostility)

This is the first one. This is exactly the type of thinking that causes resentment towards refugees and protected persons. There is no denying that background and security checks are one of the longest parts of a spousal application to verify, but it’s not the only one. This is particularly true if the PA is not from the USA, the British Commonwealth, and certain other European and/or visa exempt countries due to the fact that Canada has easier access to shared information and that information is accurate and reliable.

That being said, proving the genuineness of a relationship can also take a while. And in some cases a long while of back and forth between you and IRCC if you have not satisfied them that your relationship is genuine. A refugee, Syrian or otherwise, does not have to prove anything about a relationship in the same regard as that is not their main reason for coming to Canada. They are coming to Canada to escape death in war torn countries where the possibility of being blown to pieces in their own homes simply for being an innocent civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time is a reality. Naturally, processing times need to be quick in order to save lives and are priority.

While you may be suffering anxiety, financial troubles, etc from being separated from your spouse, you’re not going to drop dead because of it. Your life isn’t at risk because you can’t see your spouse. Coming to Canada is not a right, it’s a privilege, and when it comes to spousal applications the only reason Canada is allowing you the opportunity to come here is because your sponsor has informed them they’re in love with you, and you as the PA genuinely return the sentiment. If you can prove that relationship is legitimate then Canada will grant you the right to build a life together in Canada, since as the PA your sole reason for coming here is and should be because of your spouse. Many people who are granted permanent residence status via spousal sponsorship would not have qualified on their own and are only granted PR because of their spouses.

Yes, processing times suck. Yes, it’s tough being away from your spouse. My spouse and I lived on opposite sides of the world for years before he received his COPR. Not once did I feel the need to have a go at people escaping war and death to save their families. My husband was perfectly safe in New Zealand and came to Canada for me and because of me, and he fully understands the privilege he was granted by the Canadian government when after background checks and scrutiny of our marriage, they determined that they could in good faith grant him permanent residency.

Covid 19 is the reality and it will bog the system down. That can’t be avoided. Marriage fraud in Canada is also a huge issue and the very reason we need to go through this long process in the first place. Refugees are not the problem and it’s an entirely different process than spousal applications. I would suggest channeling your frustrations somewhere more productive.
I felt the same way when I read those posts being copied and pasted to seemingly every 2020 sponsorship thread so thank you so much for articulating so eloquently why these posts were uncalled for.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Refugees are not the problem and it’s an entirely different process than spousal applications. I would suggest channeling your frustrations somewhere more productive.
To give some perspective: 2016 (partly due to Syria) was one of the highest levels ever for refugee resettlement in Canada, when it hit close to 47 thousand. In subsequent years has been closer to 28k. (Note, numbers in various texts / sources can be a bit different depending on time frames, and different means of counting as well).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2018/report.html#plan

But any way you cut it, these numbers are relatively small compared to the 250k-340k annual total immigrants (more in recent years).

Family class have been steady at 85-100k per year for quite some time. There's no evidence or reason to believe that letting in refugees has changed that or that the numbers for 2016-2017 were 'hit' by the refugees welcomed - in fact the family class numbers went up in those two years.

A separate point that keeps coming up in various threads here are 'advantages' given to e.g. students during covid, and the claim that it's "all about money."

This is just false. The changes made to student visas this year (like 'counting' time spent studying at a Canadian university online for PGWP purposes) collectively have the sense of reducing the number of students who need and can get visas. (And e.g. tourist visas are almost completely on hold, as are entries under ETA for non-family members). So clearly: it is NOT all about the money.

There's lots of reasons to complain, but it's not all zero sum and it's not all 'against' family class applicants.

Yes, Canada's immigration plan puts a heavy emphasis on economic migrants, point systems, etc. Under various governments. With (generally) pretty strong support amongst voters for this approach. Lots of other countries have talked about copying this approach or actually done so.

But it's absurd to paint these issues in terms of "everyone has it better than family class." It's just not true.

(None of this to say there aren't problems that shouldn't be fixed or the processing improved. Agreed - 100%. But that's different from cmparing negatively to 'other immigrants' or students or refugees.)

Sam99999

Sep 6, 2020
Resubmitting my application today
just wanted to confirm how much is spousal sponsorship application fees I paid 635 once which 550 plus 85 for biometrics and 490 at once now I need to make 10cad extra as additional payment that would be 1135 rather than 1125.
Is that correct.
I paid these fees in Jan 5th they returned incomplete application becz it wasn't sign.
Any inputs?

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Resubmitting my application today
just wanted to confirm how much is spousal sponsorship application fees I paid 635 once which 550 plus 85 for biometrics and 490 at once now I need to make 10cad extra as additional payment that would be 1135 rather than 1125.
Is that correct.
I paid these fees in Jan 5th they returned incomplete application becz it wasn't sign.
Any inputs?
$1,125.00 when I submitted it in February

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
To give some perspective: 2016 (partly due to Syria) was one of the highest levels ever for refugee resettlement in Canada, when it hit close to 47 thousand. In subsequent years has been closer to 28k. (Note, numbers in various texts / sources can be a bit different depending on time frames, and different means of counting as well).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2018/report.html#plan

But any way you cut it, these numbers are relatively small compared to the 250k-340k annual total immigrants (more in recent years).

Family class have been steady at 85-100k per year for quite some time. There's no evidence or reason to believe that letting in refugees has changed that or that the numbers for 2016-2017 were 'hit' by the refugees welcomed - in fact the family class numbers went up in those two years.

A separate point that keeps coming up in various threads here are 'advantages' given to e.g. students during covid, and the claim that it's "all about money."

This is just false. The changes made to student visas this year (like 'counting' time spent studying at a Canadian university online for PGWP purposes) collectively have the sense of reducing the number of students who need and can get visas. (And e.g. tourist visas are almost completely on hold, as are entries under ETA for non-family members). So clearly: it is NOT all about the money.

There's lots of reasons to complain, but it's not all zero sum and it's not all 'against' family class applicants.

Yes, Canada's immigration plan puts a heavy emphasis on economic migrants, point systems, etc. Under various governments. With (generally) pretty strong support amongst voters for this approach. Lots of other countries have talked about copying this approach or actually done so.

But it's absurd to paint these issues in terms of "everyone has it better than family class." It's just not true.

(None of this to say there aren't problems that shouldn't be fixed or the processing improved. Agreed - 100%. But that's different from cmparing negatively to 'other immigrants' or students or refugees.)
thank you!

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
The Feb outland tracker sheet is in shambles. I dont understand how someone messed it up that badly. I knwo form the beginning it said dont touch the formulas or do anything to modify it. Anyone know who is supposed to adjust the sheets if needed?

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
The Feb outland tracker sheet is in shambles. I dont understand how someone messed it up that badly. I knwo form the beginning it said dont touch the formulas or do anything to modify it. Anyone know who is supposed to adjust the sheets if needed?
I wish I had some admin rights on it because I would have loved to clean it up a bit, at least for the February Outland sheet... it says to place names on the bottom then it'll be ordered chronologically... never happened haha

CCarter

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
19-02-2020
AOR Received.
03-03-2020
File Transfer...
14-10-2020
I wish I had some admin rights on it because I would have loved to clean it up a bit, at least for the February Outland sheet... it says to place names on the bottom then it'll be ordered chronologically... never happened haha
Yeah I wanted to fix that and the stats table only reading the first 120 lines. Now its nuts. the stats table is at the top? half of its gone and the one that is there doesnt work at all anymore. we might need a new tab