+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
There are two other posts in this particular thread from further back that I also want to address as they are entirely unnecessary and irrelevant. (This Feb 2020 thread in particular is riddled with misinformation and unnecessary hostility)

This is the first one. This is exactly the type of thinking that causes resentment towards refugees and protected persons. There is no denying that background and security checks are one of the longest parts of a spousal application to verify, but it’s not the only one. This is particularly true if the PA is not from the USA, the British Commonwealth, and certain other European and/or visa exempt countries due to the fact that Canada has easier access to shared information and that information is accurate and reliable.

That being said, proving the genuineness of a relationship can also take a while. And in some cases a long while of back and forth between you and IRCC if you have not satisfied them that your relationship is genuine. A refugee, Syrian or otherwise, does not have to prove anything about a relationship in the same regard as that is not their main reason for coming to Canada. They are coming to Canada to escape death in war torn countries where the possibility of being blown to pieces in their own homes simply for being an innocent civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time is a reality. Naturally, processing times need to be quick in order to save lives and are priority.

While you may be suffering anxiety, financial troubles, etc from being separated from your spouse, you’re not going to drop dead because of it. Your life isn’t at risk because you can’t see your spouse. Coming to Canada is not a right, it’s a privilege, and when it comes to spousal applications the only reason Canada is allowing you the opportunity to come here is because your sponsor has informed them they’re in love with you, and you as the PA genuinely return the sentiment. If you can prove that relationship is legitimate then Canada will grant you the right to build a life together in Canada, since as the PA your sole reason for coming here is and should be because of your spouse. Many people who are granted permanent residence status via spousal sponsorship would not have qualified on their own and are only granted PR because of their spouses.

Yes, processing times suck. Yes, it’s tough being away from your spouse. My spouse and I lived on opposite sides of the world for years before he received his COPR. Not once did I feel the need to have a go at people escaping war and death to save their families. My husband was perfectly safe in New Zealand and came to Canada for me and because of me, and he fully understands the privilege he was granted by the Canadian government when after background checks and scrutiny of our marriage, they determined that they could in good faith grant him permanent residency.

Covid 19 is the reality and it will bog the system down. That can’t be avoided. Marriage fraud in Canada is also a huge issue and the very reason we need to go through this long process in the first place. Refugees are not the problem and it’s an entirely different process than spousal applications. I would suggest channeling your frustrations somewhere more productive.
You couldn’t have said it better. I’m so tired of the negativity

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Did anyone else feel sick to their stomachs the day of biomatics? Remember it’s not even me doing them. I’m excited but so worried something will go wrong like not making it on time or him forgetting the address omg hours only hours left

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Did anyone else feel sick to their stomachs the day of biomatics? Remember it’s not even me doing them. I’m excited but so worried something will go wrong like not making it on time or him forgetting the address omg hours only hours left
I know the feeling...but everything will be fine

Reactions: rrss13

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Thank you I keep telling myself that too but I can’t help it. It wouldn’t be as bad if I was there with him double checking but the waiting is what gets to me

you are only human, but just call him and ensure he has everything before he leaves

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
I will I even screenshot the address I had his mom wake him up lol I’m trying my best to stay calm lol he is used to this thankfully he smiles and tells me to calm down that’s he will always double check. He just finds it funny.

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
I will I even screenshot the address I had his mom wake him up lol I’m trying my best to stay calm lol he is used to this thankfully he smiles and tells me to calm down that’s he will always double check. He just finds it funny.
Lol I’m sure everything will be just fine

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Lol I’m sure everything will be just fine
Your more then right it will I’m just overly sensitive so sometimes it’s harder to see reason lol so thank you sooo very very much for helping me or is be one crazy wife by the time my husband calls to let me know he’s done

Reactions: TamaraTZ

krnjassal

Sep 7, 2020
Hello All,
I’m new to this forum. I applied for my Wife PR and time line is as following.
File sent: feb 11, 2020
File received and AOR1 : feb 17, 2020
Biometric received: sept 4, 2020.
My question is are VFS offices open in INDIA, if not any estimated time of opening??

theprabhsingh

Dec 6, 2019
Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Doc's Request.
14-04-2022
AOR Received.
11-10-2019
File Transfer...
16-12-2019
Med's Request
27-11-2019
Med's Done....
20-11-2019
Interview........
02-03-2022
Passport Req..
22-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2022
LANDED..........
09-06-2022
Hello All,
I’m new to this forum. I applied for my Wife PR and time line is as following.
File sent: feb 11, 2020
File received and AOR1 : feb 17, 2020
Biometric received: sept 4, 2020.
My question is are VFS offices open in INDIA, if not any estimated time of opening??
End Of Sept Or 30 Sept May be they will open VAC's

KADER9297

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi all need your help

How do I communicate with IRCC after linking my application permanent resident to my account? do I communicate with web-form or in my account?
because in case if I want to ask them something or they asked me additional info how do I submit an additional document after linking my PR to my account?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As I've said earlier, I am not against any immigration stream, but if Ottawa can come up with all the measures for Students, Inland spousal applications, Refugees, then why Outland spousal applications left in dark.

For your reference, if you have missed all this:

Open work permit pilot program extended for spouse or common-law partner in Canada class (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extended-2020.html)

Important new measures on post-graduation work permit eligibility for students beginning programs online (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/pgwp-eligibility-measures.html)

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/08/pathway-to-permanent-residency-recognizes-exceptional-service-of-asylum-claimants-on-front-lines-of-covid-19-pandemic.html)
One point on this - the effect of the measures you've cited here have one common feature, they REDUCE or leave unaffected the amount of cross-border travel during this pandemic.

-The student program on PGWP reduces the requirement for students to physically be present in Canada to study and be eligible for PGWP. Other student visa changes - e.g. the two-stage approval - also have the effect of reducing the need and ability of students to get visas and travel while the covid travel restrictions remain in effect.

-As I understand the open work permit change, it removes the requirement for those applying for OWP based on employer offer to leave Canada and return. Again, reduces travel.

-The 'pathway to PR' for asylum claimants giving exceptional service is different, as it's time-limited (applied only to those who did such exceptional service before a specific date - I think before the date of announcement), hence cannot be any effect in terms of encouraging anyone to enter Canada or travel.

This doesn't contradict most of your arguments about how difficult it is for spouses and whether government should 'do something' - but the fact that these programs (taken as a whole) reduce travel does not support your argument that 'government did something for them, they should do something for us.'

My point is: by all means pressure government to do more to speed things up and remove barriers for bona fide spouses to reunite. But this pressure can be applied and argument can be made without comparing to other changes made for those in different situations/other applicant classes - particularly since the comparisons you made don't actually support your point.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Totally agree with all you said.
Canadian citizenship may be a privilege for people who have no ties to Canada, but it certainly is a Canadian citizen's RIGHT to marry and sponsor a person from anywhere in the world.
Could you show me where this RIGHT to sponsor someone and have that person get status is written in law or otherwise documented? (There is of course a right to marry anyone you wish).