+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

DirtyMelodies

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Well they are past the 12 months processing time. I see outland Nov 2019 applicants (I think 2) with the decision made in May 2020, and outland December 2019 applicants with the decision made in April and May 2020. It is frustrating that our files are not moving but complaining over others 'luck' does not help anyone. We are all waiting, hoping for the best.
Exactly. I couldn't've said it better. I've seen plenty of Outland applicants move extremely fast as well (looking at you, Philippines VO, with your 6 months average processing time!). Every category has its ups and downs. I would assume every CPC will 'reboot the machine' by looking at overdue applications (i.e. those over the 12-month processing time).

apurvchaudhary

May 25, 2018
Hello guys.
Hope you all are doing well in these tough times.
I applied for my spouses’ sponsorship & the file was received by NS- Sydney office on 28th Feb 2020.
But unfortunately there is no update yet in my case.
Can anyone suggest whether there is anything I can do other than waiting..!!

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Hello guys.
Hope you all are doing well in these tough times.
I applied for my spouses’ sponsorship & the file was received by NS- Sydney office on 28th Feb 2020.
But unfortunately there is no update yet in my case.
Can anyone suggest whether there is anything I can do other than waiting..!!
Wait for AOR due to covid 19 they r experiencing service disruption.
my application was received on 17th feb 2020 I'm waiting too.

saini1987

Oct 11, 2013
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
I'm a March 2020 applicant and just Got a reply to my mail from IRCC:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
So CPC SYDNEY is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020 only....
Sharing it in this thread as it will be important for Feb applicants too.

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
I'm a March 2020 applicant and just Got a reply to my mail from IRCC:

So CPC SYDNEY is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020 only....
Sharing it in this thread as it will be important for Feb applicants too.
Thanks for the information!
Although on the spreadsheet seems like one outland applicant from March got an AOR before the pandemic? I guess they're just lucky :p

Mohsin patel

Nov 28, 2018
hello everyone, i am the sponsor (spousal sponsorship).can any plz tell me how can i order GCMS note and which form i have to submit. should i have to take permission from my spouse ?? and which form i have to submit?? i am confused??

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/
hello everyone, i am the sponsor (spousal sponsorship).can any plz tell me how can i order GCMS note and which form i have to submit. should i have to take permission from my spouse ?? and which form i have to submit?? i am confused??
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
On google its still showing that CPC Sydney office will be closed on weekends. Before Covid-19, it used to be open both on Saturdays and Sundays. Also they are working from 8am to 4pm only. I hope this changes after June 5. One good news is that daycares are opening on June 15, so that means everyone can go on with their jobs.
https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/nova-scotia-daycares-will-reopen-on-june-15-1.4965778
The time mentioned on google does not really reflect how they work at this IRCC office as it not a public facing one, its usually for the couriers or the time there front desk is manned for collecting couriers and parcels.

Atleast, the case processing operations are expected to be going on around the clock or as suggested in their job description below, they're required to work in shifts. Just a subjective guess through observing what IRCC looks for in its employees. But due COVID-19, the operations have certainly taken a hit and hence massive delays that we all are staring at.

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1170568

Having said all that, NS reopening is a positive sign and really hoping CPC-Sydney to ramp up there operations now. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Reactions: jasluke

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
just opened my gckey account and there was an update on my application..
medical exam: march 13
medical passed: may 27

april and may i called my clinic a d told that canadian embassy did not yet received my medical exam. clinic replied that all medical exam and submitting of results are temporary on hold due to general community quarantine lockdown. june 1 philippines lifted the gcq.

it means before lifting the gcq, canadian embassy are already back on work and processing applications... hopefully my next update is passport request.

Awquin

May 28, 2020
just opened my gckey account and there was an update on my application..
medical exam: march 13
medical passed: may 27

april and may i called my clinic a d told that canadian embassy did not yet received my medical exam. clinic replied that all medical exam and submitting of results are temporary on hold due to general community quarantine lockdown. june 1 philippines lifted the gcq.

it means before lifting the gcq, canadian embassy are already back on work and processing applications... hopefully my next update is passport request.
Awesome -