+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Guys, PA got biometrics request last night and this morning ECAS shows SA has Decision Made. When and where will I know what is the decision?
I think we are on the same timeline. Waiting for my email as well. My lawyer gets all the correspondence though. So likely Monday for me. Did you End up gettinf yours?

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Currently, I have PR status in Canada and I am planning to marry a girl in India. My marriage is planned in month of April any my stay there is for 15 days .
All the procedures such as court marriages, wedding functions will be done. I am planning for Candian spousal program for my wife.
My question was that : Is my Stay in India which is too short a concern for canadian spousal program?
I'm also of Indian origin but born citizen of Canada. Went through semi arranged (online Introduction but wife and I took it from there) and our timeline was somewhat short As well. I'm not legal expert And our app is still in process. But essentially you have to prove genuineness of relationship. Not marriage for Convenience. So for example you have to prove you didn't just do a court marriage with 4 people present (discretely) with no one knowing And you didn't head back to Canada the next day. So if you are having a Large ceremony Then wedding invitation, photos of people at the Venue etc. You also have to prove communication. Like you were talking well before the wedding despite the distance. So what's app chat logs, phone call logs etc. If you travel or stay together after the wedding photos of honeymoon hotels reciepts also help.

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
I think we are on the same timeline. Waiting for my email as well. My lawyer gets all the correspondence though. So likely Monday for me. Did you End up gettinf yours?
Not yet, but people are getting emails over weekend so lets see. I'm also expecting medical soon since that has been the trend.

Reactions: NK^2

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
You still have time... No need to worry. It can take a few more weeks. Not sure how they process things but it's definitely not in exact order
My application was delivered to Sydney Nova Scotia on 17th feb no updates yet.

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Hello everyone,
I want to know how much more should I wait to get Aor1 as my application was delivered to Nova Scotia on 17th feb no updates yet.
Has anyone got of this

Wish you all the best for your applications.
Thanks & Regards,

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
My application was delivered to Sydney Nova Scotia on 17th feb no updates yet.
Not to scare you...However there was someone who sent their app Jan 2nd 2020, and just got AOR1 Mar 2nd...There's someone on the spreadsheet also waiting since Jan 28th. I'm still waiting for SA(Sponsorship Approval) While people in Feb are getting there's. i guess some are just lucky to get processed quicker. Feb 17th is not a long time ago, you may hear something this week. No worries.

I just wanted to know they had my application and weren't sending it back. After that I'm just waiting my turn and trying not to stress too much. Hoping you yours soon.

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Not to scare you...However there was someone who sent their app Jan 2nd 2020, and just got AOR1 Mar 2nd...There's someone on the spreadsheet also waiting since Jan 28th. I'm still waiting for SA(Sponsorship Approval) While people in Feb are getting there's. i guess some are just lucky to get processed quicker. Feb 17th is not a long time ago, you may hear something this week. No worries.

I just wanted to know they had my application and weren't sending it back. After that I'm just waiting my turn and trying not to stress too much. Hoping you yours soon.
Thanks a lot I wish you get SA soon Ameen!

Reactions: DiiDii

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." Is this a default message or they had already started the background check?

I am yet to get the biometrics and medical request.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
good day
How we will know our Visa office will be for outland application?

AOR2 ?

AlphansoJ

Jan 2, 2018
Hi, does anyone know long does it take usuallyafter 'medicals passed' status in spousal visa sponsorship - Permanent residence?