+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

NehaB Canada

Jan 7, 2020
Hi all,

Received biometrics email Feb 23, biometrics passed and updated in GCKEY Feb 26th. Haven't received medical request email till now.
Do I need to call CIC?
My spouse is waiting for medical request. Already received SA and Biometrics this week. I think we should wait till end today and see.

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
anybody did medical exam in Madrid?
I have problem contacting doctors listed in CIC.
second day calling - no answer, no answering machine.....ghost town

Reactions: Omolola.a

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Do Medicals require Urine tests? (Wife is worried she wont want to pee when asked to lol)
yes, she can drink water ;) also for a woman there are certain days when she can’t pass the analysis, this must be taken into account when make appointment

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
According to divorce statistics, 70% of us may end up divorcing our sponsored spouse lol after all this bullshit we go through....
Sadly so!
Canadian life can he very lonely indeed for us to actively seek out foreign spouses and bring them here....many of us repeat this over and over.
I swear to God, true story, on my flight to meet my future bride in Ukraine, a man was sitting across me reading a book - Dating for Dummies.
Sad....
Aw, don’t look at it like that! I know a lot of successful stories with couples who went through the process and are still going strong, and I fully intend to grow old with my husband. He’s amazing and treats me like a queen. Love him (and his sexy New Zealand accent!)

Reactions: NK^2

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Guys, PA got biometrics request last night and this morning ECAS shows SA has Decision Made. When and where will I know what is the decision?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Anybody know what happens at the airport when the spouse lands?
Do they question? I think I read somewhere the customs officer has discretion to deport anybody even with a Visa....
When does spouse get the PR Card- is it mailed?
They basically ask you a few questions at landing and input everything into their system. Then they pretty much send you on your way. Think it took my husband like ten/fifteen minutes to get through immigration, but he’d also previously been to Canada several times before as well. Don’t think that would matter but just throwing it out there.

PR card is mailed automatically. Make sure once they’re landed they update IRCC on new Canadian address or you PR card will sit in limbo till you do. Happened with us. Even though they had my husband’s Canadian address at landing as to where he was living, the PR card didn’t go through till three months had passed because the address was never updated in their online system. When he wasn’t receiving his card we called them to find out why. That was why. It was then mailed within three weeks.