+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

LATIKA1610

Apr 4, 2019
Hi.., how can i know if my application has been received by cic? I sent my file by courier from india on 22 feb and courier details shows that it has been delievered on 25th but i dint receive any update yet.

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Hey guys, I was trying to link my application ( like every day) and finally it was linked!! but I did not see the AOR 1 date , I wanted to update the spreadsheet that is why I am asking
What was your Application Received date?

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi.., how can i know if my application has been received by cic? I sent my file by courier from india on 22 feb and courier details shows that it has been delievered on 25th but i dint receive any update yet.
It's too early. You will have to wait at least a week or more. Mine was received on February 10 and still nothing. I called yesterday and was told that it can take up to three months and that they are actually working through applications received on January 20, 2020. Obviously that is not 100% true as from the spreadsheet you can see that others received in February have received AOR1. Anyway, your file was delivered only 5 days ago, you have to wait at least another three days to three months.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
It depends. That was just our thoughts but we don’t know what they are thinking or what are their proper procedures regarding in our applications.If yours was 109 days, i know someone who processed their application in just 38days. Received application to COPR. that was a spousal outland application.. so it means it depends and it means there are applicants that are faster than your application.principal applicant with accompanying 3children, many travel history, 10 years of marriage, clean criminal records, never asked addtl docs, no interview, 2 US visa refusal, and she applied in canada for us visa, she was approved. Just saying it depends and not processed in Mississauga.
You’re right. That’s exactly what we’ve been saying all along. It’s not always the Visa office and it’s not necessarily that all of the cases processed quickly are mirror images of each other.

We were just saying as a general rule the more simple cases tend to get through quickly, but there’s also luck involved.

Even my case, most of the 109 days was waiting for AOR1 and waiting for them to fix his address for sending the PPR to the proper Visa office. The actual processing of the application itself was maybe 30 days of those 109 days. At the end of the day, I mostly contribute our case to sheer dumb luck, as I’m sure many fast applicants do.

It’s like the guy at the office just happened to pick it up and was like ‘sweet, I can get this done between my lunch and my coffee break!’

Definitely luck involved.

Reactions: Stargaze

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I know that not all get it within 3-4 months. It all depends case to case. But if you have provided all the evidences with clear records and background and stay positive, it might get processed faster as well. I feel like it's best to stay positive with our thoughts and imagination. :) If it happens faster, that's great, if it takes little longer, that's great too. I am not worried about the process at all. I will be flying to my Spouse's place and live with him until he gets his PR.
Good for you! That’s exactly what I’m saying. Regardless of how long it takes it’s important to stay positive!

Reactions: NehaB Canada

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hello everyone, question - so my wife had done medical for her Temp. resident visa. We received the medical request again for our spousal application yesterday. My wife contact the e-medical lab that she had used previosly and sent them the letter to book an appointment but they told her that the medical she had done 2 months ago for her Visa is valid for another year.

Should we still go ahead and get the medical done? Is there a way to contact CIC office and inform them so I can also upload the e-medical form we received during the visa medical we did 2 months ago?

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
You’re right. That’s exactly what we’ve been saying all along. It’s not always the Visa office and it’s not necessarily that all of the cases processed quickly are mirror images of each other.

We were just saying as a general rule the more simple cases tend to get through quickly, but there’s also luck involved.

Even my case, most of the 109 days was waiting for AOR1 and waiting for them to fix his address for sending the PPR to the proper Visa office. The actual processing of the application itself was maybe 30 days of those 109 days. At the end of the day, I mostly contribute our case to sheer dumb luck, as I’m sure many fast applicants do.

It’s like the guy at the office just happened to pick it up and was like ‘sweet, I can get this done between my lunch and my coffee break!’

Definitely luck involved.
Yes that’s true.

ramakhadka

Mar 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
Hi received biometric and medical request on 27th feb also SA

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hello everyone, question - so my wife had done medical for her Temp. resident visa. We received the medical request again for our spousal application yesterday. My wife contact the e-medical lab that she had used previosly and sent them the letter to book an appointment but they told her that the medical she had done 2 months ago for her Visa is valid for another year.

Should we still go ahead and get the medical done? Is there a way to contact CIC office and inform them so I can also upload the e-medical form we received during the visa medical we did 2 months ago?

Reactions: C&W

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Hi all,

Received biometrics email Feb 23, biometrics passed and updated in GCKEY Feb 26th. Haven't received medical request email till now.
Do I need to call CIC?