+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have my ECAS updated as DM made for Sponsor Approval - but no email to me from CIC. Is that normal?
It often takes a few days or more. You're not going to get much useful info if you ask if something 'is normal' unless you at least provide dates.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
My wife had done her medical for visit visa, I attached that same medical letter to our spousal application - currently GCKey says No medical is required at this time.
Is anyone on the same boat? Should I be expecting a medical request and how much time after SA does one usually get Medical request?

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Biometrics and SA received. No word on medical yet, but according to tracker it comes about the same time as SA
If you look at january, theres a couple of applicants who never had medical request and their file got transferred to VO.

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
My Sponsor was approved today, which is after I received Bio & Medical requests.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
It's not impossible. However you have to really understand your circumstances. You are married to a Canadian who is pregnant with your child. They will assume that you will plan to stay in Canada for the birth or your child and file for sponsorship inland (If you apply for Visitor Visa First) = Denial.

If you send in Sponsorship application - Outland first...Maybe you might get through..But maybe not. At least they might know you have to go back home to finish your application process, because you will have to disclose your upcoming child in that application etc. could help or not help.

If you have the $185 to spare you can go ahead. Just know you'll have to pay for BIO 2X as they claim that its "different"

Either way your taking a chance no one can tell you go for it. If you have money in your account and STRONG ties to your country go for it.... It's just that many of us are here now because the TRV did not go through and we simply want to be with our loved ones.
Well if you're less than 6 months away from the end of normal processing time of 12 months ( eg: 8th month of waiting) and you have established ties to country of residence it might make sense that you'll have to inevitably go back before the 6 month limit of a TRV to complete your PR application, either because of interview or ppr. That might give you better chances of TRV approval me thinks

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I couldn't stand it anymore so I called and after three attempts, I finally got through to an agent. He was very polite and kind - that was a plus. He actually checked the system (or at least put me on hold and pretended that he did. LOL) after he took my receipt number. This was after he gave me the spiel about application packages can sit in the mailroom for up to three months. He came back and told me that my receipt number has not yet been associated with a package so that means it is still in the mailroom and they are officially working on packages received on January 20, 2020. He didn't offer any explanation as to why people whose packages were received after mine (after February 10) have already receive AOR1. He did mention that if the package was marked urgent, they would process it faster (I guess some people do that for resubmissions???) However, my nerves are calmed as I feared that they might have returned my package. Anyone else in this situation I hope this helps.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I couldn't stand it anymore so I called and after three attempts, I finally got through to an agent. He was very polite and kind - that was a plus. He actually checked the system (or at least put me on hold and pretended that he did. LOL) after he took my receipt number. This was after he gave me the spiel about application packages can sit in the mailroom for up to three months. He came back and told me that my receipt number has not yet been associated with a package so that means it is still in the mailroom and they are officially working on packages received on January 20, 2020. He didn't offer any explanation as to why people whose packages were received after mine (after February 10) have already receive AOR1. He did mention that if the package was marked urgent, they would process it faster (I guess some people do that for resubmissions???) However, my nerves are calmed as I feared that they might have returned my package. Anyone else in this situation I hope this helps.
There is someone in the Jan 2020 Thread still waiting on AOR 1 since the 28th after many have receive there's.....His 2nd submission after being sent back...So if that eases your mind a bit.

Reactions: C&W

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
There is someone in the Jan 2020 Thread still waiting on AOR 1 since the 28th after many have receive there's.....His 2nd submission after being sent back...So if that eases your mind a bit.
Thanks it does and speaking with the agent also.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I'm in the same boat. Biometrics and SA received. No word on medical yet, but according to tracker it comes about the same time as SA
Just to inform you, I recieved medical as well today. I guess having done medical prior doenst really help.