+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Janco

Feb 3, 2020
ZERO CHANCE.
Just go ahead with sponsorship. I just saved you $100. I'm in a good mood.
Zero chance of getting a visitor visa once the application of an outland spousal visa has been submitted?

What's my best plan of action? Visitors visa and then inland sponsorship?

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
From what I read here, they will send SA to your email. 90% looks like comes next day after biometrics.
If you don't get any email, call to CIC and they will tell you over the phone.
So i called CIC this morning for the SA clarification. The representative said the SA doesn't really come in a specific order. I asked her what sense it made that they would send PA for biometrics without first approving the sponsor. She said it doesn't come in a specific step.
So she left me all confused

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So i called CIC this morning for the SA clarification. The representative said the SA doesn't really come in a specific order. I asked her what sense it made that they would send PA for biometrics without first approving the sponsor. She said it doesn't come in a specific step.
We can only speculate, BUT: if they waited for each step to be sequential, it would undoubtedly all take longer.

I.e. it's entirely possible they will proceed with the PA biometrics step even if SA approval not finalized.

Reactions: DiiDii

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You cannot get a visitor's visa being married to a Canadian citizen- it won't happen, unless you are a millionaire.
Your ONLY course of action is Outland sponsorship.
I would not be so categorical, it is possible - from personal experience. And no, not a millionaire.

But both were very well established abroad with long record of international travel, strong ties to country of residence, etc.

I'm NOT saying it's easy - but it's not impossible.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hi guys,

I haven't yet sumbitted my applicatin but intending to do so tomorrow. My wife and I are living in Zimbabwe - she is a Canadian Citizen by birth and I'm South African. I was planning on submitting the Spousal visa application first and then applying for a visitors visa to leave early in May this year(She's pregnant and due July 15th). What do you think is the likelyhood of me getting a visitors visa? Or should I rather apply for the visitors visa first and then apply via inland sponsorship once I'm in Canada?
It's not impossible. However you have to really understand your circumstances. You are married to a Canadian who is pregnant with your child. They will assume that you will plan to stay in Canada for the birth or your child and file for sponsorship inland (If you apply for Visitor Visa First) = Denial.

If you send in Sponsorship application - Outland first...Maybe you might get through..But maybe not. At least they might know you have to go back home to finish your application process, because you will have to disclose your upcoming child in that application etc. could help or not help.

If you have the $185 to spare you can go ahead. Just know you'll have to pay for BIO 2X as they claim that its "different"

Either way your taking a chance no one can tell you go for it. If you have money in your account and STRONG ties to your country go for it.... It's just that many of us are here now because the TRV did not go through and we simply want to be with our loved ones.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Again, ZERO chance for TRV...being pregnant reduces your chances from zero to negative 100%.
Some people like a more detailed explanation...Thats why I gave it to them. People have gotten through. So don't say ZERO....Its just more like 96% Denial ...I gave the + and - . not everyone accepts a blunt ZERO without further explanation. Hence the questions posed after your answer. If they wanted your advice alone they would have sent you a DM...

Clara Onyii

Feb 10, 2020
Why didn't you just ASK them if your SA was approved? If you have DM under sponsorship application, they have that information on whether you are approved. I called this morning and was approved over the phone by CIC agent. She also said they sent official letter of approval by regular mail.
If you don't have DM yet, keep checking ECAS until you do, then you can call.
You are right, maybe that was the mistake I made. My Ecas shows decision made under sponsors application. I am trying to call back but unable to get connected to an agent. Will keep trying.
When you said SA sent by regular mail, did she mean via email or by post?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
You are right, maybe that was the mistake I made. My Ecas shows decision made under sponsors application. I am trying to call back but unable to get connected to an agent. Will keep trying.
When you said SA sent by regular mail, did she mean via email or by post?
Regular mail is POST...they probably did not link their account to GCkey. Thats the only reason they will send by "post"

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Some people like a more detailed explanation...Thats why I gave it to them. People have gotten through. So don't say ZERO....Its just more like 96% Denial ...I gave the + and - . not everyone accepts a blunt ZERO without further explanation. Hence the questions posed after your answer. If they wanted your advice alone they would have sent you a DM...
I agree and just wanted to emphasize that although they do set high standards for visitors married to Canadian citizens, that does not mean it is not possible.

Also: it is absolutely NOT true that there is a policy to deny visas to all spouses of Canadian citizens. They are clear about the policy: it is to deny visas to visitors who are likely to not comply with the stated purpose (i.e. visiting, not staying) of their visa.

Unfortunately the reality is that there is a huge overlap, i.e. many visitors married to Canadians do overstay. So yes, chances are indeed low and the bar is high to get visas in many circumstances.

Janco

Feb 3, 2020
When I said millionaire, I meant well established like HELL. I can say 100% it is their policy to refuse visitor Visa for married to Canadian visitor's.
It is possible, but highly unlikely.
So basically you are saying that getting a visitor's visa being married to a Canadian is highly unlikely in any case - without even adding the spousal visa application...

Thanks for the feedback. We will have to seriously consider our next steps

Janco

Feb 3, 2020
I agree and just wanted to emphasize that although they do set high standards for visitors married to Canadian citizens, that does not mean it is not possible.

Also: it is absolutely NOT true that there is a policy to deny visas to all spouses of Canadian citizens. They are clear about the policy: it is to deny visas to visitors who are likely to not comply with the stated purpose (i.e. visiting, not staying) of their visa.

Unfortunately the reality is that there is a huge overlap, i.e. many visitors married to Canadians do overstay. So yes, chances are indeed low and the bar is high to get visas in many circumstances.

This is very helpful. I'm starting to see the picture. Thanks

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Does anyone know the best telephone number to call to find out whether your application was at least received in at the Processing Centre in Nova Scotia? I Fedex ours and have a signature but honestly becoming concerned as I see people whose application arrived days after mine and they already received AOR1. Yes, I understand that there is no specific order that we know of but it's been two weeks, yes short time, but I need to at least try. Thanks.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Why didn't you just ASK them if your SA was approved? If you have DM under sponsorship application, they have that information on whether you are approved. I called this morning and was approved over the phone by CIC agent. She also said they sent official letter of approval by regular mail.
If you don't have DM yet, keep checking ECAS until you do, then you can call.
I have my ECAS updated as DM made for Sponsor Approval - but no email to me from CIC. Is that normal?