+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
Hey all, in the same boat as you, no written news from IRCC since about March 6th. If you do have an application number I do encourage you to phone the IRCC number and follow the prompts to get the automated updates. You have to use the PA’s birth year, not SA’s when they ask.

in addition, since we had hired a lawyer, IRCC wouldn’t provide much info to me, since I’m not listed as an authorized rep. I did a three way call, with my spouse on the line and the live agent provided the update after verifying. No dates or anything, but they provided the status of the police and medical checks. They did say security and eligibility are still pending. I’m wondering what that means in terms of how close we are to the finish line in terms of steps. Considering timing is a complete gong show now anyways.

Timeline is in my signature.
Thank you for the information

Reactions: NK^2

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hey everyone,

I got GCMS notes that I ordered couple of weeks ago. The notes are dated June 30th, 2020. The last time the file was touched is March 7th, 2020. No single movement after that. The only written notes are made by Program Assistant but that's about it.

It might shade some light on what's going on as my application is pretty the same as those of everyone else

DGBRSA

Feb 2, 2020
Hey everyone,

I got GCMS notes that I ordered couple of weeks ago. The notes are dated June 30th, 2020. The last time the file was touched is March 7th, 2020. No single movement after that. The only written notes are made by Program Assistant but that's about it.

It might shade some light on what's going on as my application is pretty the same as those of everyone else
Which VO?

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hey everyone,

That explains. Its pretty messed up they have not started working on our files.

Reactions: cb2020 and Toby2020

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hey everyone,

Did the program assistant write anything of significance?

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hope this will help to some inquiries. For full details,please see link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#processing

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)

• we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 daysto send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
  • we’ll keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents
  • you don’t have to contact us to get this extension
  • once you’re able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
If you get your language test results or educational credential assessment report by email or electronically, we’ll accept them as part of your application.

Biometrics at Service Canada locations
To keep everyone safe, Service Canada has temporarily stopped collecting biometrics until further notice.

• All biometrics appointments have been cancelled.
  • You’ll have to reschedule your biometrics appointment when Service Canada locations return to normal operations.
  • If you can’t give your biometrics at a Service Canada location, don’tgo to another location like
    • a Canadian port of entry
    • an Application Support Center in the United States or
    • a visa application centre
How financial benefits affect family sponsorship
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:

• tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet
These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now.

If you’re travelling by air, you need to pass a health check conducted by the airline before boarding a flight. If you show symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to board.

Quarantine plan
You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan or the ability to quarantine as soon as you arrive, you shouldn’t travel to Canada.

We don’t give you with a place to quarantine when you arrive. You need to make your own arrangements in advance.

Travelling from any country other than the US
If we issued your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) on or before March 18, 2020, you

• are exempt from the travel restrictions and
  • can travel to Canada with your CoPR to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident
Check the issue date in the Application Details section of your CoPR to see if this applies to you.

Travelling from the US
You can travel to Canada from the United States to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• we approved your application and
  • we sent you a CoPR
Provincial and territorial travel restrictions
Provinces and territories may have their own travel restrictions. Before you travel, check the official website of your province or territory of destination.

If you’re already living in Canada: in-person landing appointments cancelled
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments at our offices in Canada until further notice.

If you haven’t gotten your CoPR yet
Currently, we’re finalizing applications based on the documents you submitted with your application. In some cases, we may need to contact you before we can finalize your application.

We’ll contact you if we need more information. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information. Finalizing applications may take longer than usual during this time.

If you got your CoPR, but haven’t landed
If we sent you a CoPR, but you haven’t been able to go to one of our offices in Canada to validate it, we’ll contact you to tell you what to do.

You should not travel to a port of entry to validate your CoPR. This is not considered essential travel and you won’t be able to validate it this way.

Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you applied from within Canada.

Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, don’t contact us until you’re ready to travel to Canada.

When you’re ready to travel to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

You can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if you plan to stay and settle here. If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan (for example, plane tickets) or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved

Reactions: singleman

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello Guys,

I applied Spouse PR for my wifi. Dropped file in March 2.
File received on March 5.

-No AOR received since then.
-I lost my job this month that is June1.
-Can I apply for Cerb ? Will it going to affect my application??
-Wife is in india and I'm in canada so it falls under Outland application or Inland?
I see the sheet is empty no one received AOR since March is that true? is this updated one ??
How financial benefits affect family sponsorship
If you collect the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), you’re still eligible to sponsor your spouse, parent, grandparent, child or other relative as long as you meet all the requirements to be a sponsor.

CERB isn’t considered social assistance. Collecting CERB won’t make you ineligible to sponsor.

EI and CERB won’t cause you to default
If the person you sponsored collects Employment Insurance (EI) or the CERB during the undertaking period, it will not cause you to default.

However, if the person you sponsored collects social assistance during the undertaking period, you have to repay the amount. If you don’t, you’ll be in default of your undertaking.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
My wife's spouse visa application was received by Ircc on 10th January 2020 and her biometrics and medical records reached ircc on 24th February 2020.however after that there has been no update. As it was a paper based application I am not able to link the same through online account. Does anyone have any idea how much more time will it take? We are from India.
Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t

• process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
We’re prioritizing some applications, including

• Canadians trying to return to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
If you are missing documents due to COVID-19 (such as police certificates, biometrics, passports and medical exams)

• we won’t close or refuse any applications in progress
  • we’ll automatically give you an extra 90 daysto send us the documents from the deadline in the request letter
    • this applies even if the letter says you only have 30 or 90 days
  • we’ll keep extending the deadline for another 90 days until you can get the documents
  • you don’t have to contact us to get this extension
  • once you’re able to, send us the missing documents as soon as possible to avoid further delays
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
If you get your language test results or educational credential assessment report by email or electronically, we’ll accept them as part of your application.

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi friends i need help with something ,
my friend is a student and she got married legally in january and started all the paper work to bring her spouse to canada from India but unfortunately they are getting seperated due to some personal reasons and she wanted to withdraw the spouse application but the guy is not willing to withdraw ,what shall we do now.
She can withdraw anytime because the wife is the sponsor. She can also refund the application fee.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
My wife's spouse visa application was received by Ircc on 10th January 2020 and her biometrics and medical records reached ircc on 24th February 2020.however after that there has been no update. As it was a paper based application I am not able to link the same through online account. Does anyone have any idea how much more time will it take? We are from India.
Sponsorship application is a paper based application and we can link it online, we all did the same and linked to our online account.

Banana28

Feb 24, 2020
He might be refused, better apply for spousal visa already.
We did already. We have received AOR on March 3rd but that's it, no other updates after that.

Do you think it is possible for us to apply for a tourist/temporary resident visa? I have read that the Immigration allows immediate family members provided that they are coming here for essential purposes such as to stay with their loved ones. Please correct me if I misunderstood their announcement.