+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Stargaze

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hello! I am new here. What do you mean by SSP? My spouse is in the Philippines and our last update is just the AOR in the first week of March. And I am thinking if we could apply for a visit visa for him so that when Canada opens its doors to temporary residents, he could come here if that is possible.

Thank you!
He might be refused, better apply for spousal visa already.

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

IRCC (@CitImmCanada) Tweeted:
We continue to process study permit and work permit applications submitted online as well as permanent residence applications. Paper applications for visitor visas, study and work permits will not be processed until further notice.

Learn more: https://t.co/gmO6Y2Yudy

(2/2)

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020

IRCC (@CitImmCanada) Tweeted:

Learn more: https://t.co/gmO6Y2Yudy

(2/2)

Reading through the comments on that tweet it seems that outland spousal still not being processed :-(

• Sad
Reactions: jasluke

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Does this mean they will not touch applications submitted before pandemic? They will just stop applicati9ns in the middle? The once who are just DM away from final approval?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Thank you for the response,
when filling up the form for providing the information it asks me about the visa office processing my application.
How do I know which office is processing the information?
I belong from India and living in GTA. Sent the file to Nova Scotia office.
Thanks
It's Sydney, Nova Scotia

Reactions: Kalsiharjot

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello Guys,

Any update on Sponsor PR applications yet?
Is there any update on your applications yet? Have anyone of you received AOR applied in March or Feb?
Is there a way to reach the CIC and find out whats going on ??
In case if we receive email from CIC what could be the email address and how does it look a like.

Last edited:

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hello Guys,

I applied Spouse PR for my wifi. Dropped file in March 2.
File received on March 5.

-No AOR received since then.
-I lost my job this month that is June1.
-Can I apply for Cerb ? Will it going to affect my application??
-Wife is in india and I'm in canada so it falls under Outland application or Inland?
I see the sheet is empty no one received AOR since March is that true? is this updated one ??

Last edited:

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
-Can I apply for Cerb ? Will it going to affect my application??
CERB doesn't affect your eligibility as a sponsor

-Wifi is in india and I'm in canada so it falls under Outland application or Inland?
You kinda state that in the paperwork, which you then send to an immigration office. You're supposed to apply outland according to your respective locations. What did you state when you applied?

Canadavisa1230

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
CERB doesn't affect your eligibility as a sponsor

You kinda state that in the paperwork, which you then send to an immigration office. You're supposed to apply outland according to your respective locations. What did you state when you applied?
I mentioned that I'm in canada and sent the application to nova scotia in March but no AOR received yet I checked spread sheet. Seems no one received any update after Feb 27 so. Is that true they are not working or touching those applications or not processing at this moment ????

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I mentioned that I'm in canada and sent the application to nova scotia in March but no AOR received yet I checked spread sheet. Seems no one received any update after Feb 27 so. Is that true they are not working or touching those applications or not processing at this moment ????
I did get AOR1 on March 6th but right after around that date the government offices closed. So far a lot of employees are still working remotely, which might be affecting the processing

SLDavid

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
My wife's spouse visa application was received by Ircc on 10th January 2020 and her biometrics and medical records reached ircc on 24th February 2020.however after that there has been no update. As it was a paper based application I am not able to link the same through online account. Does anyone have any idea how much more time will it take? We are from India.

NK^2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Hey all, in the same boat as you, no written news from IRCC since about March 6th. If you do have an application number I do encourage you to phone the IRCC number and follow the prompts to get the automated updates. You have to use the PA’s birth year, not SA’s when they ask.

in addition, since we had hired a lawyer, IRCC wouldn’t provide much info to me, since I’m not listed as an authorized rep. I did a three way call, with my spouse on the line and the live agent provided the update after verifying. No dates or anything, but they provided the status of the police and medical checks. They did say security and eligibility are still pending. I’m wondering what that means in terms of how close we are to the finish line in terms of steps. Considering timing is a complete gong show now anyways.

Timeline is in my signature.