Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Feb 28, 2020: File received
Mar 12,2020: AOR1
Medical: waiting
Fingerprint: waiting
Complete silence
7 month passed
Anyone who applied in February received fingerprint or medical request ?

TamaraTZ

Jan 22, 2020
Complete silence
7 month passed
Where are you from? I'm February/March and I did both Medical and biometric already

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Hi, Have you received a sponsorship approval letter to your email?
We have similar timeline as you, we see sponsorship decision made on ECAS, but did not receive any email with SA letter.
Okay so my husband the PA got his biomatics done September 7th And the me the sponsor revived the email the next day saying the I met all requirements to be his sponsor and info about the undertaking agreement. But if they sent you for your biometrics and medical after decision made on the ECAS then your sponsor was approved and onto the next steps by the way congratulations hope you two reunite soon.

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Complete silence
7 month passed
My husband has done his fingerprints(biometrics) and we have his medical booked. We’re from February/March so hopefully you get yours soon good luck.

Reactions: Rizwan.169

sunyanzighost

Aug 24, 2020
hello guys, my Sponsorship Application Status is now stated as "Decision Made" but I still haven't receive any request on the bio metric or medical request, is this normal or what does this mean?

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
Biometrics no longer required for some Canadian immigration applicants
Canada is waiving biometrics requirements for permanent residence applicants who submitted biometrics in the last 10 years.https://www.cicnews.com/2020/09/biometrics-no-longer-required-for-some-canadian-immigration-applicants-0915855.html
This is a blessing now. The same have been published in IRCC website as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html#eligible

I made a call with IRCC and got confirmation on this .The customer service was not aware of exact exemptions yet since it was made operational yesterday . But they confirmed with their team and departments and informed that this is made into effect , and any one who already have a biometrics on their file as part of a previous application [Even Visit] , does not have to take biometrics again . They will automatically fetch it from our file and link it to the permanent residence application.

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
hello guys, my Sponsorship Application Status is now stated as "Decision Made" but I still haven't receive any request on the bio metric or medical request, is this normal or what does this mean?
There are 2 sections to a spousal application - one is with respect to the sponsor [Sponsorship Application] , other is the permanent residence application part of your spouse . If Decision made update is in the "Sponsorship application" sextion , it implies to the sponsorship eligibility . Biometrics and medical requests are part of "Permanent Residence" application , which can come before or after spomsorship approval depending upon when they are processing that . Not to worry.Based on the comments in the Forum , SA happens either before or after biometrics/medical requests

saedabolus

Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for posting this I was about to call CIC too! We just got biometric request yesterday so perfect timing since VAC is closed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html#eligible

I made a call with IRCC and got confirmation on this .The customer service was not aware of exact exemptions yet since it was made operational yesterday . But they confirmed with their team and departments and informed that this is made into effect , and any one who already have a biometrics on their file as part of a previous application [Even Visit] , does not have to take biometrics again . They will automatically fetch it from our file and link it to the permanent residence application.

Reactions: Preenamit and febi

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......

Sadly I've never done biometrics so I'm still stuck, but hopefully this will speed things up in general.