+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
What did you select under purpose of visit? It appears they are only processing applications that have selected "other" as purpose of visit on the application form with the remark "COVID-19" as stated on their web page. I just submitted a TRV application to visit my husband in Canada who is a PR last week and I got a notification that my application is being processed. I did not have to do biometrics as I did a few years back and it's valid for 10 years. I will advise you re-submit, this time changing the purpose of visit. Good luck. I'm hopeful for a positive outcome!
Did you get TRV???

Elliotm1

Jan 30, 2020
My application was received on the 13th of February. No AOR or anything to date.

meanwhile March outland applicants are starting to receive AOR...

So frustrating. I just want to know for sure my application will not be sent back to me... starting this whole process over with the current backlog would be a nightmare.

Reactions: Sam99999

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
My application was received on the 13th of February. No AOR or anything to date.

So frustrating. I just want to know for sure my application will not be sent back to me... starting this whole process over with the current backlog would be a nightmare.
Hey! I would suggest giving IRCC a call.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Submitted Feb 14th, arrived in Sydney Feb 20th, AOR1 and Biometrics fee req + paid on March 6th, nothing since. Looking at the spreadsheet everyone else is getting SA and the bio + medical requests. My husband is from the US and I'm a Canadian citizen. Fingers crossed more news comes soon!

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
Hello, we've just received passport request but my partner's passport will likely expire before we travel to Canada. Does anyone know if it's best to renew the passport before we send it to IRCC or if COPR can be transferred later on?

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019

Like it was mentioned, please give them a call. UPS delivered mine Feb 20, so all this time I thought that’s when IRCC would consider receiving it, after months of waiting I called and they told me it was actually received March 9.

joyjoy24

Sep 22, 2020
Hello, my spouse was given CoPR and IM-1 visa this week. We don't know the next steps of how to get him to Canada. When he was mailed his CoPR he was given a letter explaining Covid-19 restrictions and exemptions with travel, and that's it. Has anyone received their CoPR and made arrangements for their spouse to come to Canada? How did you do it? Did you need to apply for a TRV?

Reactions: Karthisubburaj

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
Submitted Feb 14th, arrived in Sydney Feb 20th, AOR1 and Biometrics fee req + paid on March 6th, nothing since. Looking at the spreadsheet everyone else is getting SA and the bio + medical requests. My husband is from the US and I'm a Canadian citizen. Fingers crossed more news comes soon!
My husband got his request for medical as well however they requested him to do a covid test which he is doing right before his appointment.

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Application received: Feb 17
A0R1: March 12
Biometrics: September 7
Sponsor Approval: September 8
Medical request: September 18
Hi, Have you received a sponsorship approval letter to your email?
We have similar timeline as you, we see sponsorship decision made on ECAS, but did not receive any email with SA letter.

Reactions: Husna005