+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hi! I have couple questions and hope somebody can give me some answers!
My friend applied for spousal sponsorship. She sent her application in July 2019 (paper) and her application was received and opened February 2020.
Her partner was approved for sponsorship 6 months after but since then they didn't get any news.
What are the next stage, medical and biometric? She needs to wait for the call or?
Thank you
Thats long time. App Sent on July 2019 and still no such progress. It doesnt matter when they open file. Important is that its been more then a year now. She should contact ircc. If the app is linked to Gckey account she can get all info there.

Zooey

Oct 17, 2020
Thats long time. App Sent on July 2019 and still no such progress. It doesnt matter when they open file. Important is that its been more then a year now. She should contact ircc. If the app is linked to Gckey account she can get all info there.
Ok, thank you for your answer. The thing is they have a representative who says that they have just to wait and that he can't do anything. So, she can check only application with it number where it says we start processing your application February 2020.

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Ok, thank you for your answer. The thing is they have a representative who says that they have just to wait and that he can't do anything. So, she can check only application with it number where it says we start processing your application February 2020.
There must be some issues. Bcz here we all are February applicants. We submitted our apps during the month of Feb 2020. My app start processing on 30 Dec 2020 and now everything is done. Why its taking so long for her dont know. Sometimes representatives are not helpful in some cases. U should contact ircc by phone and ask why its taking longer for their app.

Zooey

Oct 17, 2020
There must be some issues. Bcz here we all are February applicants. We submitted our apps during the month of Feb 2020. My app start processing on 30 Dec 2020 and now everything is done. Why its taking so long for her dont know. Sometimes representatives are not helpful in some cases. U should contact ircc by phone and ask why its taking longer for their app.
Ok, thank you! Yeah, I agree it is been a long time without any info!

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Question for those of you who have received CoPR.

Did you already mail the CoPR letter + photo to the IRCC? If so, how long did it take for them to send you your PR card in the mail? Thanks.

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Question for those of you who have received CoPR.

Did you already mail the CoPR letter + photo to the IRCC? If so, how long did it take for them to send you your PR card in the mail? Thanks.
It depends where you sent the letter with photo. If its edmonton office which is my case too, they are taking somewhere from 6 to 7 months. According to the recent trends. They are processing slow. Every office has their set of timeline. But eventually you will get it at some point.

Reactions: gallagher11

gallagher11

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
It depends where you sent the letter with photo. If its edmonton office which is my case too, they are taking somewhere from 6 to 7 months. According to the recent trends. They are processing slow. Every office has their set of timeline. But eventually you will get it at some point.
Oh, wow. I had no idea it was that long. Wife sent hers to the Ottawa office.

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Have you call them and what they said?
Yup. They said they are processing my background check. I have tried to get a hold of them for a few couple of days, but they were not transferring me because "they are experiencing higher calls than normal". I have even ordered my GCKEY notes and have not gotten a response yet... I honestly hope and pray i will get some answers in March as i am currently on 13 months with no answers.

Mora1234

Dec 10, 2020
Yup. They said they are processing my background check. I have tried to get a hold of them for a few couple of days, but they were not transferring me because "they are experiencing higher calls than normal". I have even ordered my GCKEY notes and have not gotten a response yet... I honestly hope and pray i will get some answers in March as i am currently on 13 months with no answers.
Today is 12 months for me with only SA hopefully we all get updates next month