+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

lang91

Jul 3, 2019
When someone submits an app to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner, IRCC first starts the processing of the sponsor to see if the sponsor is eligible to sponsor his/her family member.

Once it has been fully determined that the sponsor is eligible, they issue SA and that is when they start processing the actual app which is for PR (for the person being sponsored).

Although u already got AIP (AIP is considered first stage approval), the app still needs to come to a final decision (pending medicals, background check which consists of criminality and security check for PA and any dependant if applicable), which is what they started processing yesterday.

I know u might have already passed medicals but background check has to be completed as well before a final decision is made on the PR.

You should receive DM soon on the actual app “PR” and CoPR soon as well.

congrats.
Thank you so much for the detailed response.

Wish I found this thread earlier since everyone on here has been dealing with the same situation. I have been creeping on this forum for the last while but didn't find this thread until today. This has been a stressful ride for my wife and I and it's reassuring to see that we weren't the only ones going through it.

Best of luck to all of you! Hopefully we're all on the homestretch now.

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018

Wish I found this thread earlier since everyone on here has been dealing with the same situation. I have been creeping on this forum for the last while but didn't find this thread until today. This has been a stressful ride for my wife and I and it's reassuring to see that we weren't the only ones going through it.

Yeah it’s been a long and painful process and yeah you not alone lol.

Anyway, I’m glad most of us are now close to approvals which is awesome.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020

If your permanent residency application says “decision made”, a decision has ALREADY been made. They have already either given you an approval or a refusal. The news is just slow to get to you for whatever reason.

if you are getting COPR, it can take anywhere from a few days to a couple weeks to get to you. Not sure why that is but that’s how it is. I’ve asked IRCC agents what causes the delay but even they don’t know. All you can do is keep waiting. Hopefully they’ll contact us soon.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hello,

Received AIP and SA yesterday but when I checked the status on the CIC site the timeline for the PR application

1. Application for permanent residence on February 26, 2020.
  2. Processing application on December 23, 2020. (This was September 18, 2020 when AOR/OWP was received before)
  3. Biometrics Received November 23rd, 2020
  4. Sent medical instructions on November 26, 2020.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Sponsorship application shows "Decision Made" and PR application is still showing "In Process"

Is it normal for the processing date to change?
I just read your post again. If the PR application says “in process” then yes processing is still going on. It doesn’t take long for this status to change after AIP though so I’d check again tomorrow morning. It’ll change to “DM” very soon.

lang91

Jul 3, 2019
I just read your post again. If the PR application says “in process” then yes processing is still going on. It doesn’t take long for this status to change after AIP though so I’d check again tomorrow morning. It’ll change to “DM” very soon.
Appreciate the info!

It would be amazing to get the DM of approval on Christmas day :p I'm guessing I won't see anything come up until next week in the earliest... Won't stop me from checking every hour though

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay dealing with the current restrictions

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hey guys, need help. Do we need to submit canada police certificate too or just the certificate from home country? And can we submit old police certificate that i used when i enter canada? They asked me to submit police certificate and right now its taking way longer to get police certificate through online services.

baggins100

Dec 18, 2020
Hey guys, need help. Do we need to submit canada police certificate too or just the certificate from home country? And can we submit old police certificate that i used when i enter canada? They asked me to submit police certificate and right now its taking way longer to get police certificate through online services.
You do not need a certificate from Canada, they request it themselves. I believe they would require up to date document. Though it would make sense if you give the one when you entered the country. Because you do not live there anymore. I would request a new one right away and reach IRCC to explain the situation and ask if the older document is fine. Good luck!

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
You do not need a certificate from Canada, they request it themselves. I believe they would require up to date document. Though it would make sense if you give the one when you entered the country. Because you do not live there anymore. I would request a new one right away and reach IRCC to explain the situation and ask if the older document is fine. Good luck!
I was thinking the same way to submit old one. Bcz i lived majority of 18 or older in canada. Thanks anyone else have any suggestions?

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Cic letter

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been
six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate PAKISTAN. Applicants in Canada who are 18 years of age and older and residing in for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate”

are they asking for Canada police certificate only or both ? I m confuse. Bcz i lived in canada for 8+ years now.

Altapnp

May 15, 2018
Cic letter

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been
six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate PAKISTAN. Applicants in Canada who are 18 years of age and older and residing in for 6 months or more since the age of 18 are required to obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate”

are they asking for Canada police certificate only or both ? I m confuse. Bcz i lived in canada for 8+ years now.
Canada for sure you need to get that. Pakistan if you lived there 6 months or more since age of 18

Nadik

Nov 19, 2019
Hey!
I'm a Feb 11 applicant and I still didn't get SA and AIP. It updated me that I passed my medical exam on December 30 and I dont need to do biometrics since I already gave them two years ago.
Is it normal that applicants after me already got their SA or AIP? Should I be worried?

Reactions: J20190911

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hey!
I'm a Feb 11 applicant and I still didn't get SA and AIP. It updated me that I passed my medical exam on December 30 and I dont need to do biometrics since I already gave them two years ago.
Is it normal that applicants after me already got their SA or AIP? Should I be worried?
Their are people with medical done in early December and they havnt got any updates so dont worry just wait for the right time.