+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

Mora1234

Dec 10, 2020
I just checked my ecas to see Decision Made on both sides, but I haven't received any update on GCKey yet.

I got DM and COPR yesterday. My file was forwarded to the Edmonton office for COPR
Just wondering if you need to go the office to apply for the pr card or everything will be in the new portal ?

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I just checked my ecas to see Decision Made on both sides, but I haven't received any update on GCKey yet.

I got DM and COPR yesterday. My file was forwarded to the Edmonton office for COPR
So you u still get email about any update on application or you just check randomly on ecas everytime?

lang91

Jul 3, 2019
Hello,

Received AIP and SA yesterday but when I checked the status on the CIC site the timeline for the PR application

1. Application for permanent residence on February 26, 2020.
  2. Processing application on December 23, 2020. (This was September 18, 2020 when AOR/OWP was received before)
  3. Biometrics Received November 23rd, 2020
  4. Sent medical instructions on November 26, 2020.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Sponsorship application shows "Decision Made" and PR application is still showing "In Process"

Is it normal for the processing date to change?

Reactions: J20190911

Smithham3

Jul 15, 2018
Hello,

Received AIP and SA yesterday but when I checked the status on the CIC site the timeline for the PR application

1. Application for permanent residence on February 26, 2020.
  2. Processing application on December 23, 2020. (This was September 18, 2020 when AOR/OWP was received before)
  3. Biometrics Received November 23rd, 2020
  4. Sent medical instructions on November 26, 2020.
  5. Medical results have been received.
Sponsorship application shows "Decision Made" and PR application is still showing "In Process"

Is it normal for the processing date to change?
When someone submits an app to sponsor a spouse or common-law partner, IRCC first starts the processing of the sponsor to see if the sponsor is eligible to sponsor his/her family member.

Once it has been fully determined that the sponsor is eligible, they issue SA and that is when they start processing the actual app which is for PR (for the person being sponsored).

Although u already got AIP (AIP is considered first stage approval), the app still needs to come to a final decision (pending medicals, background check which consists of criminality and security check for PA and any dependant if applicable), which is what they started processing yesterday.

I know u might have already passed medicals but background check has to be completed as well before a final decision is made on the PR.

You should receive DM soon on the actual app “PR” and CoPR soon as well.

congrats.

Last edited:
Reactions: TCMY and lang91