Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, i am a pr holder and want to sponsor my spouse who is currently with me in Canada on Visitor Visa, my question is- 1) Shall I apply spouse sponsorship & Open Work permit together as paper application or shall i apply OWP separately as online application. 2) Can anyone guide me with all the OWP forms number which need to be submitted ? 3) after applying my spouse application for OWP, do I still need to apply for visitor visa extension or implied status will start automatically once IRCC receive my OWP application?
1. Yes its best if you apply for PR + OWP together, on paper. You can apply for the OWP after submitting the PR, but you will still need to apply on paper and not online. You can only apply for the OWP online if the PR application has been approved in principle.

2. You will find all the forms and guide here; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

But I suggest you read the guideline first;
Basic Guide; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
Complete Guide; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html
Work permit guide; https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html

Go through the PR checklist, it will give you an idea of every document you need to gather.

3. They don't need to apply for visitor visa (TRV) if they are already in Canada, but they might need to apply to extend their stay as visitors (extend their status) .IF you submit the OWP before your spouses status in Canada is expired, then yes they will have implied status. However, I would suggest to apply to extend status if the OWP has not been approved a few days before the status is expired (to be safe, because if the application is returned as incomplete and the status is expired your spouse will no longer have implied status, they will be out of status and will have to restore their status first before applying for OWP or they will have to re-submit the PR application without OWP application).

Reactions: larrykingwsc

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Was looking at the june 2019 inland thread, there a couple who have already gone for the landing interviews, and others have received/are receiving interview invitations. So roughlfy it took them 8 months

Reactions: IrinaRC

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
The govt claims that they want to unite families as quickly as possible so as a result they process Outland applications faster so that people can immigrate to Canada quicker and be with their families.
I thought of this when my husband and I were going through the process. We had the option to do either Inland or Outland and we chose to do Outland after doing our research and studying the spreadsheets. Grateful now that we did as it took less than three months.

I definitely feel for Inland applicants, though truthfully there are still Outland applicants who end up taking a year or more, as well.

Reactions: OverIt

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
Hello,

I am applying for my wife's PR under Inland Spousal Program & OWP.

We are clear with the documentation that needs to be submitted towards PR application. But we are not sure about the documentation that needs to be submitted for OWP.

1. Can anyone of you confirm if below are the application forms that need to be submitted??

IMM5556E (Checklist)
IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions....)
IMM5409E (Statutory declaration of Common-Law Union)
No Representative required

2. Should we send both the applications (PR and OWP) to the Mississauaga office?

3. I am a Canadian Citizen and what option do we select in the IMM5556E Checklist in this case??

Thanks

dkumar1988

Sep 23, 2019
I have applied for a inland PR (received Feb 18th).
Next, they will send an AOR via email ?
After that, what is the next process ?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,

I am applying for my wife's PR under Inland Spousal Program & OWP.

We are clear with the documentation that needs to be submitted towards PR application. But we are not sure about the documentation that needs to be submitted for OWP.

1. Can anyone of you confirm if below are the application forms that need to be submitted??

IMM5556E (Checklist)
IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions....)
IMM5409E (Statutory declaration of Common-Law Union)
No Representative required

2. Should we send both the applications (PR and OWP) to the Mississauaga office?

3. I am a Canadian Citizen and what option do we select in the IMM5556E Checklist in this case??

Thanks
1. If she is your wife, and not common law partner, then imm5409 is not required.
2. Both applications are to be sent in one package (as per instructions in the guideline), sent to CPC missisauga
3. imm5556e checklist is not mandatory if you are sending your application together with the PR. Should you decide to send it however, the only items you should check are; FORM LIST and DOCUMENT LIST

Reactions: umtbrhn and nimmau2

nimmau2

Feb 23, 2020
1. If she is your wife, and not common law partner, then imm5409 is not required.
2. Both applications are to be sent in one package (as per instructions in the guideline), sent to CPC missisauga
3. imm5556e checklist is not mandatory if you are sending your application together with the PR. Should you decide to send it however, the only items you should check are; FORM LIST and DOCUMENT LIST
This really helps...thank you so much!!

Reactions: umtbrhn and Eveslm

umtbrhn

Feb 23, 2020
Hello friends, we made our application on February 19, because they received our application?
I have followed your hand by express mail, how many feedback do they provide?