+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I applied for Pr through sponsorship in July 2019. My partner and I received a procedural fairness letter because we did not have enough documentation that would allow us to show that we had been living together for 1 year before we sent in our application.

We have sent in a withdrawal letter for the July 2019 application and have now sent in a whole new application. We have more documentary evidence this time so by God’s grace, we will be fine.

Application will be received Feb 3rd. February applicants, please feel free to update here. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

FamilyOfSix

Jan 12, 2020
Hello!

Application and OWP application sent to Mississauga via expresspost. Confirmation of receipt Feb 4 (Today). GIDDY UP!

Reactions: OverIt

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
For those who applied for OWP with PR, what are the total fees paid? I'm confused. Is it sponsorship ($1040) + biometrics ($85) for the PR? and for OWP, work permit ($155) + open work permit ($100) + biometrics ($85) again???

Also, I've been trying to load the online payment page but it keeps timing out on me :( :( :( it's making me very stressed. Is the site down? I can't figure out what's wrong.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
For those who applied for OWP with PR, what are the total fees paid? I'm confused. Is it sponsorship ($1040) + biometrics ($85) for the PR? and for OWP, work permit ($155) + open work permit ($100) + biometrics ($85) again???

Also, I've been trying to load the online payment page but it keeps timing out on me :( :( :( it's making me very stressed. Is the site down? I can't figure out what's wrong.

Seems about right. OWP should be $255 all together. Only one payment for biometrics I believe. You should call them to make sure.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020

Hi
I am certain that you don't need to pay for Biometrics twice. You pay it with the sponsorship for PR. Open work permit is just $255. Do not pay twice okay. Goodluck with your application

FamilyOfSix

Jan 12, 2020
Looking at the spreadsheet (and 2019's spreadsheet), Outland people get attention super fast compared to Inland. Anybody know why?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Looking at the spreadsheet (and 2019's spreadsheet), Outland people get attention super fast compared to Inland. Anybody know why?
The govt claims that they want to unite families as quickly as possible so as a result they process Outland applications faster so that people can immigrate to Canada quicker and be with their families.

Orobs93

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Please do I have have to submit open work permit document checklist and how do I hold my papers together since we are not allowed to use staplers ?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Please do I have have to submit open work permit document checklist and how do I hold my papers together since we are not allowed to use staplers ?
- Yes, you should submit the open work permit document checklist along with your application.

- I used paper clips to hold my documents together.

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
Hi, i am a pr holder and want to sponsor my spouse who is currently with me in Canada on Visitor Visa, my question is- 1) Shall I apply spouse sponsorship & Open Work permit together as paper application or shall i apply OWP separately as online application. 2) Can anyone guide me with all the OWP forms number which need to be submitted ? 3) after applying my spouse application for OWP, do I still need to apply for visitor visa extension or implied status will start automatically once IRCC receive my OWP application?

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi, i am a pr holder and want to sponsor my spouse who is currently with me in Canada on Visitor Visa, my question is- 1) Shall I apply spouse sponsorship & Open Work permit together as paper application or shall i apply OWP separately as online application. 2) Can anyone guide me with all the OWP forms number which need to be submitted ? 3) after applying my spouse application for OWP, do I still need to apply for visitor visa extension or implied status will start automatically once IRCC receive my OWP application?
I honestly don’t know what “implied status” is. I have never really heard of it except on this forum.

I believe you can apply for an open work permit online AFTER you send in your spousal sponsorship application. However, I think you should probably send both the sponsorship and OWP application together. It’s all up to you though. For the open work permit, you only need to fill out one form. You also need to fill out the document checklist as well and include it in your application package.

Just read the COMPLETE GUIDE for spouse sponsorship. There is information about the OWP on there. It also gives you a link to the form you need to fill out.

As for the Visitor visa extension, it all really depends on your situation. You need to send in the sponsorship and OWP applications before the status of the principal applicant expires. Make sure you don’t make any mistakes on the applications so that they don’t get sent back. If any of the applications gets sent back and you are out of status during that time, you might have a problem.

If the Visitor visa is almost expired, maybe just apply for the extension. You don’t really need to if you’re sending in a sponsorship and OWP application before it expires. However, if you want to be completely safe, you can go ahead and apply for the extension.