+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Inland Sponsorship

RyWhit

Jan 20, 2021
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on my situation.

I applied for inland back in May 2020 and i've only just been able to link my application (currently at processing stage). I had to leave the country in July due to my work visa expiring and needed to be with family in UK for some time. I applied for OWP with my inland application and OWP was approved a month ago.

Do you think I could fly back to Canada now without it affecting my inland application?

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi All,

I applied for inland back in May 2020 and i've only just been able to link my application (currently at processing stage). I had to leave the country in July due to my work visa expiring and needed to be with family in UK for some time. I applied for OWP with my inland application and OWP was approved a month ago.

Do you think I could fly back to Canada now without it affecting my inland application?
Hi! Yes, you can travel with your OWP as it is a valid document that will allow you to travel. Just make sure you have a VISA stamp in your passport. Good luck!

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Hi All,

You will also need a visa or eta to fly back and apparently, a negative covid test now, obtained not more than 72 hours before your flight. Given the state of the country, I’m honestly not sure if they are letting people in who are not permanent residents or citizens.

You have to find a way to get back soon as you can’t be out of the country while your inland application is processing.

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Same story! Applied on February 13th. Medical passed in December and no news. Still shows Application in process. This is so annoying.....
I heard that they are prioritizing the applications of essential workers. Maybe that’s why our applications seem stuck at one stage while others are moving forward.

Who knows.

Anyways, we are almost there. After medicals, the end is usually near.

Reactions: J20190911

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I heard that they are prioritizing the applications of essential workers. Maybe that’s why our applications seem stuck at one stage while others are moving forward.

Who knows.

Anyways, we are almost there. After medicals, the end is usually near.
They just need a better system, that's all. Like we have been waiting for a year now.... well fingers crossed!

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
Did anyone contact CIC regarding their application? I hesitate to contact them as mine hasn't hit one year yet. Even I am not sure calling or filling webform really helps.

Last edited:

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Did anyone contact CIC regarding their application? I hesitate to contact them as I haven't hit one year yet. Even I am not sure calling or filling webform really helps.
I am going to wait until my application hits one year. I am hoping to get updates from them by end of this month.

dreamy2010

Jun 17, 2020
Even some February outland applicants are receiving the decision. I thought the inland process is faster than the outland, as some of the process included in our application process has been already completed the first time we entered Canada.

Lilyn

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Even some February outland applicants are receiving the decision. I thought the inland process is faster than the outland, as some of the process included in our application process has been already completed the first time we entered Canada.
I completely agree with you. I have been here for 7 years now. I have provided a police certificate prior to entering Canada, and I did not leave Canada ever since, so why the heck are you checking my background again if I have already provided that? It's crazy. I was under the impression that the inland is much faster than the outland. It even states on their website. Inland - 12 months. Outland - 24 months. Ugh I hate this...just want to get it over with

AliSaif786

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
I completely agree with you. I have been here for 7 years now. I have provided a police certificate prior to entering Canada, and I did not leave Canada ever since, so why the heck are you checking my background again if I have already provided that? It's crazy. I was under the impression that the inland is much faster than the outland. It even states on their website. Inland - 12 months. Outland - 24 months. Ugh I hate this...just want to get it over with
I m in same ship as you. In Canada for long and never went back home and still they ask for Canadian police certificate can you believe that. But i noted one thing, since last 2 years outland applications processing faster compare to inland. System needs to improve here.