+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

mszfifie

Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone.

Can anyone one please update the spreadsheet? My application went to Complete status yesterday.
I'm just waiting on the certificate now.

Thanks for everything everyone.

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hey everybody,
Just completed my Oath! Thanks for all the support from this forum and good luck to everyone still in progress!
Can Admin please update me on spreadsheet - oath complete Oct 23
Cheers!

Reactions: CaBeaver

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
It was easy! It took me only 5 minutes to finish the exam. lol,
the only hard part of the whole process was taking picture of my PR Card!. o_O
Totally agree. It took me longer to take a good photo than the test

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Anyone else waiting for Test Invite ? It's getting ridiculous at this point ... approaching 2 years of application. I have sent them 3 messages and get got the same default answer .
I am still waiting for the test invite unfortunately

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
So annoying that some candidates from March, April, May, June, July and even August and September 2020 got Oath invites. And non-urgent ones.
But I agree there are many from 2019 too still waiting. What a mess.

Reactions: CanEEPR

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
An unfortunate happening at the oath ceremony a few days back (Calgary):
During the Oath we had a couple of people in the waiting room who knew each other, so as one would, they had a bit of a chat and seemed really happy about the situation. ONLY to be interrupted by some bitter old man with a stick up his you-know-where, who said "You're going to be Canadian so SPEAK ENGLISH!".
Well that definitely killed their vibe, made them feel bad enough to go out back and cover their home nation's script in the background with a Canadian flag and you could tell it ruined an otherwise happy moment not to mention killing the vibe of the whole waiting room.
The guy who said that accidently left his mic on, and was sitting there in a huff, arms crossed and said "I don't know whether I should be happy to be Canadian, or angry because I'm not going to be German anymore".
Well, he definitely didn't look happy, came off as racist, and his wife looked embarrassed for him - it did not look like a fun household.
All of us have been waiting almost two years for this special moment, and this guy dumps his negative BS on us.
This was the Calgary 23rd Oct Oath btw so if this person happens to be in this group "SHAME ON YOU!" If you had read anything or knew anything about the culture here, what you did was very UNCanadian.
Also, you're a Canadian now so maybe learn to EMBRACE all cultures that live here and think about making some changes in how you think and conduct yourself. You can leave your racist s@#$ at the door!

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
ALso, should I download
Zoom Client for Meetings
?
I have never used a zoom before...Should I sign up account or it's more like a one time link?

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
An unfortunate happening at the oath ceremony a few days back (Calgary):
During the Oath we had a couple of people in the waiting room who knew each other, so as one would, they had a bit of a chat and seemed really happy about the situation. ONLY to be interrupted by some bitter old man with a stick up his you-know-where, who said "You're going to be Canadian so SPEAK ENGLISH!".
Well that definitely killed their vibe, made them feel bad enough to go out back and cover their home nation's script in the background with a Canadian flag and you could tell it ruined an otherwise happy moment not to mention killing the vibe of the whole waiting room.
The guy who said that accidently left his mic on, and was sitting there in a huff, arms crossed and said "I don't know whether I should be happy to be Canadian, or angry because I'm not going to be German anymore".
Well, he definitely didn't look happy, came off as racist, and his wife looked embarrassed for him - it did not look like a fun household.
All of us have been waiting almost two years for this special moment, and this guy dumps his negative BS on us.
This was the Calgary 23rd Oct Oath btw so if this person happens to be in this group "SHAME ON YOU!" If you had read anything or knew anything about the culture here, what you did was very UNCanadian.
Also, you're a Canadian now so maybe learn to EMBRACE all cultures that live here and think about making some changes in how you think and conduct yourself. You can leave your racist s@#$ at the door!
This is so unfortunate to hear. As I was reading this, I was sort of hoping to read something like the IRCC employee booting him off the ceremony. But Alas

Reactions: CaBeaver

Gina.ntofon

Oct 14, 2020
Update
Application submitted: Feb 14th 2020
AOR: October 14th 2020
Citizenship test invitation: may 5th 2021
Test taken: may 26th 2021
September 14: Citizenship oath scheduled on website for October 23rd
Citizenship ceremony official invitation: October 15th
Citizenship ceremony: October 23rd

now waiting on certificate. Good luck to all