+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
An unfortunate happening at the oath ceremony a few days back (Calgary):
During the Oath we had a couple of people in the waiting room who knew each other, so as one would, they had a bit of a chat and seemed really happy about the situation. ONLY to be interrupted by some bitter old man with a stick up his you-know-where, who said "You're going to be Canadian so SPEAK ENGLISH!".
Well that definitely killed their vibe, made them feel bad enough to go out back and cover their home nation's script in the background with a Canadian flag and you could tell it ruined an otherwise happy moment not to mention killing the vibe of the whole waiting room.
The guy who said that accidently left his mic on, and was sitting there in a huff, arms crossed and said "I don't know whether I should be happy to be Canadian, or angry because I'm not going to be German anymore".
Well, he definitely didn't look happy, came off as racist, and his wife looked embarrassed for him - it did not look like a fun household.
All of us have been waiting almost two years for this special moment, and this guy dumps his negative BS on us.
This was the Calgary 23rd Oct Oath btw so if this person happens to be in this group "SHAME ON YOU!" If you had read anything or knew anything about the culture here, what you did was very UNCanadian.
Also, you're a Canadian now so maybe learn to EMBRACE all cultures that live here and think about making some changes in how you think and conduct yourself. You can leave your racist s@#$ at the door!
They both should have respected each other. Unfortunately people dont leave any chance to disrespect. Sad to hear!

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Can anyone answer my question?
Which question? People aren't going to go through pages in a thread trying to find what you asked. The entitlement I see in the tone of some posts here. As if anyone is owed a response. This is a community trying to help and support each other.

Last edited:

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
There are so many rumours now. Latest is that they only invite to take oath those vaccinated
Non vaxxed are ignored
This sounds like a load of hooey

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Your not alone, I applied Feb 2020, until now everything is still in progress accept test and oat not started yet. Location is Edmonton Ab. My profile was updated around August 19th until now nothing changed I'm really worried .
Applied Vancouver. Application received Feb2nd, August 17th was the last update of everything but the oath completed. I wouldn't worry, I think it's just random and slow af. A lot of people haven't gotten the test yet, and how long after that is all over the place too

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Which question? People aren't going to go through pages in a thread trying to find what you asked. The entitlement I see in the tone of some posts here. As if anyone is owed a response. This is a community trying to help and support each other.
I’m very sorry about that. I don’t know how to quote my previous questions they’re just a couple of posts prior to my question. Please accept my sincere apologies

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
On the application tracker page, it says that "Interview required: you've been scheduled to attend an interview with our official on June 23, 2021.Information and instructions will be sent to you. " At first glance, it seems that the interview was set to take place on June 23rd, 2021. However, we haven't received anything from your office as yet. To be doubly sure, I have checked my spam folders. Did anyone have issues like this and if so, could someone explain what we should do going forward?
2021? That is concerning. If the scheduled you for June 23rd and you received nothing by a week or 5 days before I would have contacted them for sure.
1-888-242-2100
You can also contact your constituency worker if that fails you. (MP's office)

guy769

Feb 5, 2020
Passport copies request 29-Oct. Please update.
Wrote test on Aug 23 and was completed on August 24.

mhd10

Star Member
Oct 15, 2016
For zoom do you need to download a program to your computer or it’s just a web application?
You dont need to download anything for zoom meeting. You would just click on the zoom meeting invitation link at the specified time and you will be directed to the meeting with your browser automatically. You will be prompted to input the passcode provided in the ceremony invitation email and once you enter it, it will show you a message saying the host will let you in soon. Note that you could end up waiting more than 30 mins for the host to let you in so incase it takes long do not panic.

Although you dont have to download anything ahead of time, i would suggest you test joining a zoom meeting few days before just to ensure your mic and camera are working fine and to avoid the stress of the unknown.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jimmyz

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
You dont need to download anything for zoom meeting. You would just click on the zoom meeting invitation link at the specified time and you will be directed to the meeting with your browser automatically. You will be prompted to input the passcode provided in the ceremony invitation email and once you enter it, it will show you a message saying the host will let you in soon. Note that you could end up waiting more than 30 mins for the host to let you in so incase it takes long do not panic.

Although you dont have to download anything ahead of time, i would suggest you test joining a zoom meeting few days before just to ensure your mic and camera are working fine and to avoid the stress of the unknown.

Hope this helps.
Great, that is very helpful! Thank you very much. Have a good day!

Reactions: mhd10

unknownsomeone1

Jun 2, 2019
Hello, i got an update that oath is scheduled for Nov 9, but i haven't received any instructions is it normal?? What is the latest date i should expect the instructions and if i do not receive it, what are the next steps?? Please help here.

Thanks in advacnce.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello, i got an update that oath is scheduled for Nov 9, but i haven't received any instructions is it normal?? What is the latest date i should expect the instructions and if i do not receive it, what are the next steps?? Please help here.

Thanks in advacnce.
It's normal. You will receive an email few days before the ceremony. What's your office and timeline?