+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Just got my invite! the earliest I can do it is June 14. If my ID is a little blurry e.g. the lettering from my webcam will they still accept it if they can still make out my name?
My camera is 720p but whenever I have taken pics of ID in the past (e.g. for Airbnb) it was a little blurred. Actually AIrbnb didn't accept my ID. but I wonder if that was just because of their website and I'm wondering if the program CIC uses for taking photos is ok
It should be clearly visible throughout. You can retake as many pictures as you want prior to approving it for submission.

Tanchik

Jun 4, 2017
Also, try to use this URL on the IRCC website to for issues related to webcam.
Just got email from them:
“Hello,
Thank you for providing this information. It appears that there is an incompatibility of the online citizenship test platform with something on your computer that intervened with the webcam feed during the test, which subsequently caused the disconnections.
We will pass the information that you provided below to the officer processing your application and they will contact with re-test details.”

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just got email from them:
“Hello,
Thank you for providing this information. It appears that there is an incompatibility of the online citizenship test platform with something on your computer that intervened with the webcam feed during the test, which subsequently caused the disconnections.
We will pass the information that you provided below to the officer processing your application and they will contact with re-test details.”
Okay good, so this was deemed a technical issue. Good. I hope you get a second test invite as soon as possible. All the best!

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
It should be clearly visible throughout. You can retake as many pictures as you want prior to approving it for submission.
Does it need to be HD? My webcam is a little pixelated but you can read my name, date of birth, id no, expiry, sex, and nationality but the back with the fine print that has place of landing, hight, etc... is too small to make clear, but the numbers beneath are clear

Last edited:

reggiolefourbe

Jul 13, 2020
In the tracker, prohibitions, physical presence and language skills activity status as been updated to completed on April 7th.
There's only Citizenship ceremony that isn't completed.
I don't know if that means there's something to update in the sheet?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In the tracker, prohibitions, physical presence and language skills activity status as been updated to completed on April 7th.
There's only Citizenship ceremony that isn't completed.
I don't know if that means there's something to update in the sheet?
Updated!

Could you also please check ECAS and let me know if you see "Decision Made" and provide that date as well?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I don't see any update date on ECAS... Or maybe I'm not looking at the right place? (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/viewcasestatus.do)
No, you are looking at the right place. Once you login to ECAS, you'll see "Decision Made" status hyperlinked. You should click on the hyperlink and then it'll take you to a page with the following dates:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on <Date>.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on <Date>.
  3. We started processing your application on <Date>.
  4. <You'll see the date of DM here>

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Does it need to be HD? My webcam is a little pixelated but you can read my name, date of birth, id no, expiry, sex, and nationality but the back with the fine print that has place of landing, hight, etc... is too small to make clear, but the numbers beneath are clear
As long as you can read the front of the card, you should be good. I think they only ask you to take picture of the front of the card and not the back.

Reactions: 1nth3m00d4f00d

reggiolefourbe

Jul 13, 2020
I've got nothing after :
3. We started processing your application on October 21, 2020.

Yet the hyperlink says Decision Made.... Weird