+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
My guess is CIC is prioritizing urgent apps and expiring permits first, and citizenship grants later since most of us are already in Canada with PR.
From the excel tracker, it seems they are slowly moving down the Jan apps for "In process". I just hope that in a few weeks, we will receive AOR and In process at the same time, otherwise it would be BS...
No, CIC has processed AoR until end of may but they skip some applications without any reasons. For example my app delivered on May 4 but not AoR; however, many regular may app received their AoRs last week and this week. So it is not possible all those guys are urgent.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Submitted on Feb 24, no AOR.
Called IRCC, didn't get to talk to a rep, but I did hear their recorded message saying processing for apps received after Jan 14, 2020 has not started.
For those who called before me, I was wondering if this date has been updated since then? Or it's been stuck at Jan 14, 2020?
From the forum posts, it has been the exact same message for months.
Btw Delivered Feb 18, and no AOR yet.

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hey guys, so I contacted cic via webform to find out what is going on with my application (delivered feb 28, no aor yet) and got an email back saying they sent me an email on August 21. They said if I never recieved it (I didn't and have checked my spam) then to contact them again via webform to get them to resend it. (god knows why they couldnt have just resent it to save me requesting it)
But yeh I'm hoping it is my AOR!
But might be worth it if you haven't contacted them to follow up regularly via webform because seems that not all of their emails are being sent and delivered...

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hey guys, so I contacted cic via webform to find out what is going on with my application (delivered feb 28, no aor yet) and got an email back saying they sent me an email on August 21. They said if I never recieved it (I didn't and have checked my spam) then to contact them again via webform to get them to resend it. (god knows why they couldnt have just resent it to save me requesting it)
But might be worth it if you haven't contacted them to follow up regularly via webform because seems that not all of their emails are being sent and delivered...
But regardless of email, if they have issued aor you could check ECAS to check your app status.

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
Check your ecas using UCI and let us know

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
How long did it take you to get a reply for the web form?

Rai Mazhar Farid Jami

Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
In General, what is the time frame between AOR and In Process? If is it In Process, does it means, the file moved to local visa office? Thank you
Under normal circumstances, it takes usually two months for the status to be changed from AOR to IN PROCESS. These days it's hard to predict the timeline so better to follow the trackers and you will get rough idea.

Yes, the IN PROCESS status means file has been moved to your local visa office.

Reactions: nathaniel_d

petergw

Sep 28, 2020
Gave CIC a call (waited 30 min). Rep told me same thing: currently processing Jan 14 files, and confirmed my app has not been opened.
I did manage to update the outdated info on my email and address on their system.

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Gave CIC a call (waited 30 min). Rep told me same thing: currently processing Jan 14 files, and confirmed my app has not been opened.
I did manage to update the outdated info on my email and address on their system.
When did you application get received ?

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Yes, the magic January 14th date, they were giving it for months now. Meanwhile, a lot of people who submitted their applications on March, April, and even May already got their AORs...

Jfk20101

Oct 8, 2013
Has anyone from Feb got AOR this week ? A guy in March has reported reciving AOR today so if they have skipped Feb I am thinking they have defiantly lost our applications. This has happened in the past in 2014 when these guys were shifting to express entry system during the shift IRCC lost A lot of CEC applicants who rushed to apply under the old system. So they do loose applications it's a realisty. I am thinking about send g my package again with a letter. I don't know about you guys because to be very honest this January 14 excuse is getting too old they can use this excuse for years and only we will suffer.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Has anyone from Feb got AOR this week ? A guy in March has reported reciving AOR today so if they have skipped Feb I am thinking they have defiantly lost our applications. This has happened in the past in 2014 when these guys were shifting to express entry system during the shift IRCC lost A lot of CEC applicants who rushed to apply under the old system. So they do loose applications it's a realisty. I am thinking about send g my package again with a letter. I don't know about you guys because to be very honest this January 14 excuse is getting too old they can use this excuse for years and only we will suffer.
A guy in March? More like dozens of people in March, April, and even May - look here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=270862106

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Under normal circumstances, it takes usually two months for the status to be changed from AOR to IN PROCESS. These days it's hard to predict the timeline so better to follow the trackers and you will get rough idea.

Yes, the IN PROCESS status means file has been moved to your local visa office.
Thank you Rai!. Got it.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
There were people who applied in January/February/March who had received AORs intermittently in early September when in fact they were issuing the AORs to April applicants. There seemed to be intermittent issuing of AORs (up until about early/mid September) to people who got skipped. So I don't think this is a case of "losing" applications.