+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Not yet. I heard that people who called recently got the generic response that they were working on applications received before January 14.
Btw, what's a temporary file number? Is it something they assign applications before sending AORs?
Yes. They assign temporary file number for every file that is getting processed to get scanned in system for further processing and issuing of AOR.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Yes. They assign temporary file number for every file that is getting processed to get scanned in system for further processing and issuing of AOR.
Thank you so much for the information. I'll wait for a few more days and give them a call.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Also someone from Jan 8th received their AOR today. they posted it in the March Forum (dunno why) but thought it would be nice to update everyone here as well

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-citizenship-applicants.679699/post-8786707
Oh my... That's a long wait while hearing nothing. I presume those were the applications assigned to someone on vacation. But, wouldn't it be prudent to reassign those applications to someone else while an agent is on holiday?

Reactions: phoenix111

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Oh my... That's a long wait while hearing nothing. I presume those were the applications assigned to someone on vacation. But, wouldn't it be prudent to reassign those applications to someone else while an agent is on holiday?
Yes that would be the ideal way to do it. my application was received on Feb 5th, and i haven't received an AOR as yet either. I called them 2 weeks ago and they weren't much help. just said they were processing applications before January 14th. even when i told the guy people after that date had received an AOR he had no answer for me. did not give me a temp file number either :( i have been checking the mail, and my application has not been returned so idk what they are doing with it lol

• Sad

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Yes that would be the ideal way to do it. my application was received on Feb 5th, and i haven't received an AOR as yet either. I called them 2 weeks ago and they weren't much help. just said they were processing applications before January 14th. even when i told the guy people after that date had received an AOR he had no answer for me. did not give me a temp file number either :( i have been checking the mail, and my application has not been returned so idk what they are doing with it lol
I feel you. We are in the same boat. Our apps have been seemingly left behind for now.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I feel you. We are in the same boat. Our apps have been seemingly left behind for now.
I just got off the phone with them (called them again today), she said that even though people are receiving their AORs past Jan 14th, officially they are still working on applications before that date. so until they don't officially move past the 14th i shouldn't be worried. she said since my application was sent using registered mail and it was signed for, i should take that as an acknowledgement that it was received.

not the answer i was hoping for.. the waiting continues..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I just got off the phone with them (called them again today), she said that even though people are receiving their AORs past Jan 14th, officially they are still working on applications before that date. so until they don't officially move past the 14th i shouldn't be worried. she said since my application was sent using registered mail and it was signed for, i should take that as an acknowledgement that it was received.

not the answer i was hoping for.. the waiting continues..
ya as usual, calling them is of no use. even if there is file number, they are not giving when AOR would come for one of our forum member. So waiting is the only option unless we pass 1-2 months more than Feb. I am telling 1-2 months because they are issuing AOR for Jan as well as Feb concurrently hence not sure if the gap will ever close.

Reactions: John Matthews

h4.harry

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
We all have a UCI number each. Would that not be the file number to track or it would be the new?

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
We all have a UCI number each. Would that not be the file number to track or it would be the new?
You can give them your UCI number, but if you haven't received AOR they won't have any info to give you. If you do have AOR, they can give you your info on file using UCI

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Apart from above note, for tracking/checking status online, you just need your uci number but unless cic enables your file(possibly enters the completes/enters the information about your file) it wont show anything online.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
UCI is unique and one time assignment per person (life time). All applications are linked to single UCI. For example, PR, PR Renew, PR Card replacement, citizenship etc are each individual applications with a different application number.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Finally, received my AOR a few mins back with my Application Number.

Please update my AOR date on the spreadsheet.

ID: rsmathew
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1395
App Sent: Feb 23, 2020
App Delivered: Feb 27, 2020
AOR: Aug 17, 2020

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
UCI is unique and one time assignment per person (life time). All applications are linked to single UCI. For example, PR, PR Renew, PR Card replacement, citizenship etc are each individual applications with a different application number.
Hello, how we