Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I received back my application earlier today.
I was and still am sure I had included all required documents and was shocked to read the reason why my aplication was incomplete. Missing language evidence!!!
I am an OCELT ( Ontario Certified English Language Teacher) and the document I included as proof of language was my current TESL ( Teaching English as a Second Language) membership card. I used to be an English teacher in my country and have every other document to prove my English language skills.
I am so angry and frustrated because of wasting so much time. I don’t know the reason why they did not consider my TESL membership card, and I feel it is so unfair! I wanted to contact an immigration officer to explain my situation, but had no contact number.
I sent my application right away with a letter of clarification and other additional language evidence documents. Does anyone know whether they will consider it a new application? Will I have to waste some more months till I get an answer back??Could I contact them in any way??
Congrats to all who have recently received or will receive AORs soon. No matter what we should be happy that things are moving forward.

Reactions: Suh1756

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys,
I was and still am sure I had included all required documents and was shocked to read the reason why my aplication was incomplete. Missing language evidence!!!
I am an OCELT ( Ontario Certified English Language Teacher) and the document I included as proof of language was my current TESL ( Teaching English as a Second Language) membership card. I used to be an English teacher in my country and have every other document to prove my English language skills.
I am so angry and frustrated because of wasting so much time. I don’t know the reason why they did not consider my TESL membership card, and I feel it is so unfair! I wanted to contact an immigration officer to explain my situation, but had no contact number.
I sent my application right away with a letter of clarification and other additional language evidence documents. Does anyone know whether they will consider it a new application? Will I have to waste some more months till I get an answer back??Could I contact them in any way??
Congrats to all who have recently received or will receive AORs soon. No matter what we should be happy that things are moving forward.
So sorry to hear this.
What was the date when the application was received originally?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi guys,
That's shocking to see that IRCC is handling applications so carelessly. Did you include your copy of IELTS General exam as proof of your language cause some members have gotten rejection for not including it.

Btw... Did they highlight any other sections of your application as incomplete or was it just language proof missing ?

Reactions: itwillbegood

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi guys,
Your previous comments show that your application was received on Mar-6?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Application delivered on Feb-27 received AOR today, also application delivered Mar-6 was received back due to missing stuff :(

But seems like AOR for March application should start coming soon...

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hi guys,
Sorry to hear that, we need to stick with what IRCC is asking as language proof in the application guide.
What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?
We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:

Note: We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar.

I believe you used third-party language proof that is not acceptable by IRCC as per their guideline, this is just my guess.

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hi guys,
Hey Anjushka,

This webpage gives details of what is specifically accepted as proof:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=571&top=5

As well as under here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

You need to submit a document in that list, and unfortunately TESL or a TESL membership card is not one of them.

You could also complete the wizard to check if your document is valid as proof of language or not: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html

Your application will be considered a new application, as it was returned to you for a valid reason.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
So sorry to hear this.
What was the date when the application was received originally?
Sent : March 4, 2020
Received: March 6, 2020
Don’t know what to expect and how to contact them now:(
In the Gather Documents part they did not state what specific proof of language would be acceptable. They only gave several examples of proof of language, therefore I though my teaching membership card would be just fine:((

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi guys,
Sorry to hear that you application is returned back. One quick thing before you send it back with more language proofs. Just make sure all your signatures and dates are not stale dated (meaning the date of signature must not be older than 90 days by the day CIC receives the application).

Since your application is returned back, you might send it back with same old dated signature which actually is older than 90 days. So you may need to adjust the dates and days calculator too. My 2 cents. Let's ask Seniors over here for more clarity. As far as I know, when you send it back, it will be treated as a new application because it was returned for valid reason (missing proof/document).

You can find stale dated information in below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

Copied from the website:

The date a person signs the application form is the date of filing. Where the date on an application is more than three months old (90 calendar days) when received (staledated) or where the date is a date in the future (postdated), the application will be treated as if it is unsigned. An unsigned application is not a duly completed application and will be returned to the applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Sorry to hear that, we need to stick with what IRCC is asking as language proof in the application guide.
What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?
We will accept tests that you previously submitted for immigration purposes to Quebec, including:

Note: We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar.

I believe you used third-party language proof that is not acceptable by IRCC as per their guideline, this is just my guess.
Thanks for your feedback.
I do have my CLB score report , I also have an IELTS test report, as well as my Canadian diploma, but because they did not specify but only gave examples of what proof of language was acceptable I did not send any of the above.
I know we do not have the right or power to judge their rules of processing applications,yet it’s quite unfair to start from the very beginning after having wasted so much time waiting for an answer. Thought they would at least allow for some time to receive the missing document and not consider it as a new application. Am so disappointed about them being so strict on their ways!
Anyways, how long do you think, I will have to wait till they might get back to me again?

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do have my CLB score report , I also have an IELTS test report, as well as my Canadian diploma, but because they did not specify but only gave examples of what proof of language was acceptable I did not send any of the above.
I know we do not have the right or power to judge their rules of processing applications,yet it’s quite unfair to start from the very beginning after having wasted so much time waiting for an answer. Thought they would at least allow for some time to receive the missing document and not consider it as a new application. Am so disappointed about them being so strict on their ways!
Anyways, how long do you think, I will have to wait till they might get back to me again?
What's the address listed on the letter? Have they mentioned any reference number in the letter?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Based on the speed they are going now, and also hoping (speculating) that there could be less number of applications in April, May , June due to pandemic, you should get some information back with in 3 months. I am being optimistic by looking at the CIC speed in issuing the AOR's recently. Good luck!

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Right now time is something no one can predict, I understand your disappointment but for dealing with IRCC before you should know better how strict they are. Make sure this time you do and attached all required docs according to their specifications.

Good luck