+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi! Could you please share in which way I can call to IRCC if I'm outside Canada?
Sorry if this question has been discussed here at the forum. The point is that I've been waiting since February 2020 and I don't even know the actual status of my application. I asked for GCMS more than 5 months ago and haven't received any response yet. Can anyone advice how I can get the current status of my application?
You can use the free TextNow app to get a Canadian number, then call 888 242 2100.

adi_dude

Jan 5, 2022
Hello @legalfalcon,

I need your help on this. It would be great if you could please assist.

Little background about me - I am Indian citizen. When I applied for Canadian PR under FSW - O, I was in USA(Feb 2020 AOR). I later had to move to India in Jan 2021. I updated my address on my application through webform. I again had to travel to USA (Dec 25th 2021). I updated my address again (after 25th Dec) through webform.

I recently received a pdf letter(23rd Dec,2021) on my IRCC account. It's not a COPR, but a document that is asking me to submit my passport, photo and other documents. Concern is, it has my name and my Indian residential address. I would like to know

1. how do I make sure that my current(USA) residential address is updated on my file.
2. Also, how and where do I submit my passport and other documents? Below link provided on that letter does not have USA as an option:
"Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee. For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/"
3. Letter is asking me to provide height and colour of eyes. Not sure how to provide that details to them. Is there any form or any specific way in which we need to provide it to them?

IRCC customer care is not answering calls, so don't see any option out there.
Really, need help on this. I am running out of time to respond.

ss_andrew_ss

Oct 27, 2018
You can use the free TextNow app to get a Canadian number, then call 888 242 2100.
Thanks for the lead. As I know, this number is only for those who are inside Canada. I'm outside and IRCC aware of this, and I use the trick to reach them.
Do you have any experience of calling IRCC from outside? Should I admit that I'm calling from outside (I provided this information in my profile)? As I understand, they shouldn't provide me with any information if I'm calling from outside, should they?

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Thanks for the lead. As I know, this number is only for those who are inside Canada. I'm outside and IRCC aware of this, and I use the trick to reach them.
Do you have any experience of calling IRCC from outside? Should I admit that I'm calling from outside (I provided this information in my profile)? As I understand, they shouldn't provide me with any information if I'm calling from outside, should they?
They normally just pick up (if you get through) without asking about where you're calling from. If they do, just explain that you are using a VOIP number and really need an update because of the long delay.

Springbokkie

Jul 28, 2020
Thank you . Oinp , passed remedial nov 3rd , nov 29 ready for visa email . I believe it would take more time for us now since we are adding newborn to the application .
Hi there, please share any updates you get! I am Feb 2020 AOR and we recieved requests in Dec to submit new medicals now for 3rd time (we are booked to get them done next week), my baby is due end March so I also anticipate there may be a delay with us receiving ppr as we will have to add baby once born.

Will you take your baby for a upfront medical once born or wait for them to request that your baby goes for one?

@legalfalcon do you advise that we take our new born for an upfront medical once she is born in March rather than awaiting a request? I figure it may expedite things especially since the rest of the family's medicals are being done now in January.

Last edited:

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello @legalfalcon,

I need your help on this. It would be great if you could please assist.

Little background about me - I am Indian citizen. When I applied for Canadian PR under FSW - O, I was in USA(Feb 2020 AOR). I later had to move to India in Jan 2021. I updated my address on my application through webform. I again had to travel to USA (Dec 25th 2021). I updated my address again (after 25th Dec) through webform.

I recently received a pdf letter(23rd Dec,2021) on my IRCC account. It's not a COPR, but a document that is asking me to submit my passport, photo and other documents. Concern is, it has my name and my Indian residential address. I would like to know

1. how do I make sure that my current(USA) residential address is updated on my file.
2. Also, how and where do I submit my passport and other documents? Below link provided on that letter does not have USA as an option:
"Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee. For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/"
3. Letter is asking me to provide height and colour of eyes. Not sure how to provide that details to them. Is there any form or any specific way in which we need to provide it to them?

IRCC customer care is not answering calls, so don't see any option out there.
Really, need help on this. I am running out of time to respond.
Hello, this happened to me as well.

1. If you updated your address via webform it's going to take them a while to update it in your application. What you can do, is to read the PPR letter, and find something that says: "If you are unable to submit your passports at this time, please contact us at XXX@XXX" there should be an email address to contact IRCC and explain your situation.

2. Your letter does not have a USA option because IRCC does not think you are in USA. You will need a new PPR letter.

3. You can put them in a printed letter addressed to IRCC and starting with "To whomever it may interest". Below is the format I used:

"To whom it may interest,

The following information is for identifying purposes:

- Name: XXXXX XXXXXX

- UCI: XXXXXXXX

- Application: E00XXXXXX

-Height: X ft X inches (XXX.XX cm)

-Eye color: XXXXX"

Hopefully this helps you out.

hotshoto

Feb 20, 2021
Just did my 3rd remedical yesterday (was requested in December but this was the earliest availability they had). Hopefully this is close to being the end of the wait!
I'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

adi_dude

Jan 5, 2022
Hello, this happened to me as well.

1. If you updated your address via webform it's going to take them a while to update it in your application. What you can do, is to read the PPR letter, and find something that says: "If you are unable to submit your passports at this time, please contact us at XXX@XXX" there should be an email address to contact IRCC and explain your situation.

2. Your letter does not have a USA option because IRCC does not think you are in USA. You will need a new PPR letter.

3. You can put them in a printed letter addressed to IRCC and starting with "To whomever it may interest". Below is the format I used:

"To whom it may interest,

The following information is for identifying purposes:

- Name: XXXXX XXXXXX

- UCI: XXXXXXXX

- Application: E00XXXXXX

-Height: X ft X inches (XXX.XX cm)

-Eye color: XXXXX"

Hopefully this helps you out.
Hello @thephdguy, thanks a lot for this useful information. I do not see any email address on my letter. Below is what it says on the letter:
"If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Montreal Immigration office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation."

Please suggest.

SijuJoseph

Jan 26, 2020
Got a remedical request. AOR 19 February 2020, PNP Nova Scotia, VO- Sydney, security was not started as per the status update on 22 December through MP.

Reactions: immicow