+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

vgjdfhj

Star Member
Sep 25, 2020
Sydney,
I don't know what to do my file is stuck at security not started AOR is March 26, 2020 BCPNP
medical renewed as per call but not updated on portal.

dexco

May 13, 2020
FSW-O in the US, got my medical exam extension today. Is there anything I can expect for the following days?
Nothing definitive, unfortunately. I’m also FSW-O in the US. My medical were extended at the end of April, and I still haven’t heard anything beyond that.

Reactions: nomorecovid

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm FSW-O, file is approved (per GCMS notes) but no COPR yet.
Knowing that the borders will open one day and we will be allowed to travel again from Europe to Canada, I have two questions.

1. I heard that entering Canada as a tourist when you have a PR application running in his finale stage is not a great idea. They can give you a hard time at the border because you will have to prove that you will leave the country again and not yet settle permanently. Is this true?

2. What happens if you are in Canada as a tourist and your COPR arrives? Can you just go the US border and take care of it? Or do we need to come back to Europe first?

Thank you.
@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone,

I'm FSW-O, file is approved (per GCMS notes) but no COPR yet.
Knowing that the borders will open one day and we will be allowed to travel again from Europe to Canada, I have two questions.

1. I heard that entering Canada as a tourist when you have a PR application running in his finale stage is not a great idea. They can give you a hard time at the border because you will have to prove that you will leave the country again and not yet settle permanently. Is this true?

2. What happens if you are in Canada as a tourist and your COPR arrives? Can you just go the US border and take care of it? Or do we need to come back to Europe first?

Thank you.
@legalfalcon
1. No, each application / when you enter, it is based on its own merits and just because you have a PR application is process, does not mean that you will have a hard time. You only have to meet the criteria of entering Canada as a Tourist. See my previous post on this at:

#5,143

Since you do not need a Visa to enter, the process will be the same at the PoE.

2. Currently, anyone in Canada is being issued a COPR which is signed and date, and there is no need to go to the border. All you have to do is inform IRCC that you are already in Canada.

Reactions: matteosc and Kaat

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
1. No, each application / when you enter, it is based on its own merits and just because you have a PR application is process, does not mean that you will have a hard time. You only have to meet the criteria of entering Canada as a Tourist. See my previous post on this at:

#5,143

Since you do not need a Visa to enter, the process will be the same at the PoE.

2. Currently, anyone in Canada is being issued a COPR which is signed and date, and there is no need to go to the border. All you have to do is inform IRCC that you are already in Canada.
Thank you very much for your quick reply! I appreciate it!

akashagr

Jan 27, 2020
Hello Guys,
seeking some answers

All stages passed for ECE ON PNP AOR MARH 3 2020 Except background checks. Yesterday me and my wife got a call from private number and we missed the calls coz we were at work. I am assuming that call was from immigration. What should I do next ?

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Saw someone from May 2021 aor getting ecopr today. Gross mismanagement. So we stay in this stupid line while people with recent aors getting their PR. This is absolutely ridiculous.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
Would you then be considered as "Inland" even if in Canada only as a tourist?

Thanks!
There is no term as inland or outland under the immigration law. Based on your country of residence, whether it is Canada or outside Canada, how the COPR is issued differs. IF you are in Canada then IRCC is being a COPR which is signed and stamped. If you are outside Canada, then you may be asked to submit your passport if you are not from visa exempt country and only when you land in Canada, your COPR will be stamped.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
There is no term as inland or outland under the immigration law. Based on your country of residence, whether it is Canada or outside Canada, how the COPR is issued differs. IF you are in Canada then IRCC is being a COPR which is signed and stamped. If you are outside Canada, then you may be asked to submit your passport if you are not from visa exempt country and only when you land in Canada, your COPR will be stamped.
Thank you for your answer, but it is still not clear to me whether they would send you CoPR directly (through the portal) based on your country of residence or on the country you are physically in at the moment.
If I am in Canada as a tourist my country of residence is still USA: would they send me the CoPR directly OR would they ask for a copy of the passport and then mail a CoPR at the address of residence?