caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I though ghost update reflects a step in the PR process. Considering my application scenario i was wondering if i am close ( at least now) in getting PPR email. But you are right we cannot conclusively say what it is for.
Hi. GU isn't a step in the process, not an official one by any means. You may very well be close to the end of the process but like you mentioned can't say conclusively from GU's. All the best.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and all. I am US resident with Feb 2020 AOR (FSW-Outland). My application is approved as per GCMS and i also see the COPR generated. The same day when my application was approved( Jan 8, 2021) my secondary office was changed to New York Office ( Primary - VO Ottawa). I am from country which is exempt from travel restriction so dont know why it is taking so long for IRCC to send PPR email ( even though COPR is issued as per GCMS). I got a ghost update on 18/4 even though nothing changed on my profile ( medical extended as per GCMS but no change on profile). @legalfalcon why this delay even tough from exempted country (USA) ? and any significance of the recent ghost update?
As per the policy IRCC is continuing to issue COPRS for applicants who are in Canada and those who are exempt from travel restrictions, i.e. US residents. However, the policies are temporary and keep changing, specially in light of the evolving COVID cases in Canada.

There are many CEC applicants in Canada who are in the same situation and are waiting. Also, a Ghost Update only signifies a movement in your file, which could be a major one to a mundane one.

You should send a webform or call IRCC and inquire.

EmmaT

Sep 12, 2020
Hello everyone. Has anyone experienced a delay in receiving their GCMS notes recently? I ordered my notes on the 10th of March and I'm yet to receive them. I haven't got any notification of an extension.

Is this normal?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Finally, I just received my COPR. Timeline in the signature.
Just don't give up and you will finally get there.
Congrats and no apologies from them why they delayed the application after it was approved 8 months ago! Too much to ask for though. It’s all good finally

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Congrats and no apologies from them why they delayed the application after it was approved 8 months ago! Too much to ask for though. It’s all good finally
Thank you so much. Yes, it is a long journey and finally it is over!!

I hope everyone here safe, and receive their COPRs asap.

Arsh001

Sep 18, 2020
Congratulations Bro, I have the similar timeline, Aor 21 Feb and all passed in Aug. Yesterday I called them they said file is transferred to local visa office..any idea how long it will take

Reactions: Maple bonbon Sirop

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Congratulations Bro, I have the similar timeline, Aor 21 Feb and all passed in Aug. Yesterday I called them they said file is transferred to local visa office..any idea how long it will take
How did you get through to speaking with someone?

Jan_2020

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Finally, I just received my COPR. Timeline in the signature.
Just don't give up and you will finally get there.
Congratulations. !! Did you call them recently or raised a web form to inform them that you are in que waiting for COPR ? Any suggestion to spped up the process ?

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
It is a very good sign that you will receive COPR soon. COPR is issued by the local office. Hanging on bro.

Reactions: sukhbirring