+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Yes, mine expired on Feb 12. It's been 1 month today, still waiting. In some groups, people reported ~8 to 12 weeks for medical updates nowadays (as some people from December 2019 AOR got it updated recently), so long way to go!
Just sharing a little bit about my timeline:
Medical exam expired on Feb 18. GU on March 4. Another GU on March 10: medical exam got extended.

Reactions: Dhan09

dharatishah82

Jan 12, 2020
Medical exam expired on Feb 18. GU on March 4. Another GU on March 10: medical exam got extended.
That's good. My file is stuck with Sydney VO with absolutely no progress since June 2020. I do not think they even looked at it after medical expire to process extension! Those at OTTAWA are luckier!

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Congrats. your application must be approved now. Now wait for COPR :)

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Congrats. your application must be approved now. Now wait for COPR :)
In fact as per GCMS notes, my application was approved on Aug 24, 2020. It has been more than 6 months and no one touched my file and let the medical exam expired....and extended.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
In fact as per GCMS notes, my application was approved on Aug 24, 2020. It has been more than 6 months and no one touched my file and let the medical exam expired....and extended.
Extended for a good reason I believe. Mine is stuck with criminality pending. March 7 AOR. My medical expired on March 10. Waiting to hear back from them if they will extend or ask for re medical.

• Sad
Reactions: codeheals

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Yes, mine expired on Feb 12. It's been 1 month today, still waiting. In some groups, people reported ~8 to 12 weeks for medical updates nowadays (as some people from December 2019 AOR got it updated recently), so long way to go!
Is yours still showing passed or now saying you don't need a medical exam ?

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Based on the trends I've seen, you should be getting COPR in a matter of days. How long was it between medical exam expiring and being extended ?

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Based on the trends I've seen, you should be getting COPR in a matter of days. How long was it between medical exam expiring and being extended ?
Thank you for the encouragement. Hope we all get COPR soon.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon I just received my GCMS notes (requested 7 feb) and at page 66 it says "pages 66 to 112 are withheld pursuant to section 16 (2)(c) of the Access to information act". I requested GCMS notes also in October and those pages were not withheld back then, could you please comment on why you think that is? I read that article and it makes no sense to me why they would withhold them. Thanks in advance for your help.
Subsection 16(2) is a discretionary class exemption. It requires that the institution identify how the information would facilitate the commission of an offence, then exercise his/her discretion, in accordance with the intent of the Act and the provision, to determine whether the information should be withheld from disclosure.

If the department wants to claim subsection 16(2) in such a way that does not clearly fall within the three illustrated paragraphs, it must be a situation where the information will cause prejudice in facilitating the commission of an offence. Examples of these could be sabotage, forgery, hijacking, interception of communications, kidnapping, hostage-taking, fraud, spying, possession of explosives.

You can contact IRCC-ATIP but you will receive the following response; instead contact OIC

We can confirm that some information was removed as it is exempt from disclosure under the Access to Information Act. The applicable section(s) of the Access to Information Act that were invoked are listed on the letter for your convenience.

For more information regarding exemptions in the Access to Information Act, please visit the following link: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-1.html#docCont

Regards,

Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Subsection 16(2) is a discretionary class exemption. It requires that the institution identify how the information would facilitate the commission of an offence, then exercise his/her discretion, in accordance with the intent of the Act and the provision, to determine whether the information should be withheld from disclosure.

If the department wants to claim subsection 16(2) in such a way that does not clearly fall within the three illustrated paragraphs, it must be a situation where the information will cause prejudice in facilitating the commission of an offence. Examples of these could be sabotage, forgery, hijacking, interception of communications, kidnapping, hostage-taking, fraud, spying, possession of explosives.

You can contact IRCC-ATIP but you will receive the following response; instead contact OIC

We can confirm that some information was removed as it is exempt from disclosure under the Access to Information Act. The applicable section(s) of the Access to Information Act that were invoked are listed on the letter for your convenience.

For more information regarding exemptions in the Access to Information Act, please visit the following link: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/A-1/page-1.html#docCont

Regards,

Client Service Representative | Représentant du service à la clientèle.
Access to Information and Privacy | Accès à l’information et protection des renseignements personnels
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
Thank you so much for such an exhaustive reply. Still unclear to me why information on those pages would be withheld or what crimes they think could be committed if I knew those info, especially considering in October they did not withheld those pages. However, I think I will file a complaint with OIC thanks for that suggestion.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give AOR FEB 2020 Outlands an updated about my application. I was living in the US when I started my application and thought that I would receive COPR in about 10 months tops. My visa in US was expiring in 11 months after I applied, so I thought that was plenty of time. Then Covid hit and the delays begun. I moved back to the Dominican Republic on January 30th and received PPR on Feb 1st (though luck).

Well turns out, this PPR was only available to people residing in the US, so it was not applicable to me anymore. I contacted IRCC and their response is the following:

"The international VACs are not open to regular processing. You will not receive the new letter until the situation improves and the travel bans are lifted. Please see our website for updates and keep us informed if any of your information needs to be updated. "

Just a heads up if you are waiting outside the USA, it might be a while before they start sending PPRs. Or at least, that's what I get from this response.

Good luck to all of you!
That is seriously some tough luck! Hopefully we get it soon

Reactions: thephdguy