+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/india-vac-biometrics-appointments.html

At this time, clients in India cannot submit paper applications at VACs or enrol their biometrics for an application other than for a study permit or permanent residence as a spouse, partner or dependent child under the family class. For those looking to submit their passport, a 2-way courier service is offered. Please check the VACs website for further details.

Any idea what this means?
My bad, I read about it in detail.

But here's some good news for you

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
@legalfalcon : request your inputs here. My spouse and child are non accompanying in my PR application, I am already in Canada based on my work permit. While my spouse has a tourist visa, the new born does not have a visa. Can I apply visitor visa for the new born? Stamping is not happening in India but I heard emergency visa's are being approved do you think it makes sense to apply tourist visa for new born now ?

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Can anyone confirm that the travel restrictions have been extended. I know that there is an article on CIC News about this but it an independent reporting body and I cannot see any news, press releases or tweets from Government of Canada. If someone can point me to the relevant government linked article, it will be great.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : request your inputs here. My spouse and child are non accompanying in my PR application, I am already in Canada based on my work permit. While my spouse has a tourist visa, the new born does not have a visa. Can I apply visitor visa for the new born? Stamping is not happening in India but I heard emergency visa's are being approved do you think it makes sense to apply tourist visa for new born now ?
If your spouse and child intend to travel, you can apply for a vis and request for authorization to travel, and if the AL is granted, then the visa too will be issued.

Arsh001

Sep 18, 2020
Hello. I called customer service today. Agent said he left the message to visa office to look in to my file for confirmation of COPR as everything is approved as per gcms since July 2020. CEC inland Jan 2020 AOR. Is it true agent message help in speed up the process?
Hello Shane,

Same here, feb 21 Aor file approved since Aug 10th, agent said he left a message to office(ottawa), lets see.

Reactions: PritamAmbekar

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
If your spouse and child intend to travel, you can apply for a vis and request for authorization to travel, and if the AL is granted, then the visa too will be issued.
My spouse already has the visa but child does not , can I request visa for the child and also request authorization letter in parallel ? The consulates are not open in india yet for stamping for dependents so would my child be issued emergency kind of visa ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My spouse already has the visa but child does not , can I request visa for the child and also request authorization letter in parallel ? The consulates are not open in india yet for stamping for dependents so would my child be issued emergency kind of visa ?

If your child comes under travel exemption, then you can apply for AL and visa at the same time.

Tanatos14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
How are so many people here succeeding in talking to an agent at IRCC? Please tell me your trick (is number to call 1-888-242-2100 ?)...I've been trying for a week and always get to the automated message about agents not taking calls and then it automatically ends my call....it has become unbearable. Thanks for your suggestions

Reactions: Khan001

Khan001

Apr 13, 2020
How are so many people here succeeding in talking to an agent at IRCC? Please tell me your trick (is number to call 1-888-242-2100 ?)...I've been trying for a week and always get to the automated message about agents not taking calls and then it automatically ends my call....it has become unbearable. Thanks for your suggestions
If you select an option related to "status of your PR application", the call usually disconnects. Usually, I use the trick to select other options which doesn't ask you to enter your PR application number. One option is when it says in the beginning " If you are scheduled for blah blah.....please press 8 now". You just press 8 and there will be an option available at the end saying if you want to speak to an agent press 0...then if you press 0, mostly it will connect to an agent. Also try to call before 12 am, hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Tanatos14

O2021

Feb 19, 2021
If you select an option related to "status of your PR application", the call usually disconnects. Usually, I use the trick to select other options which doesn't ask you to enter your PR application number. One option is when it says in the beginning " If you are scheduled for blah blah.....please press 8 now". You just press 8 and there will be an option available at the end saying if you want to speak to an agent press 0...then if you press 0, mostly it will connect to an agent. Also try to call before 12 am, hope this is helpful.
Just called several times using your tips, but didn't get through, saying "bla bla bla...We're not able to transfer your call..." Then disconnected.

AOR: Feb 17, 2020
Medical: passed on July 6, 2020
Biometrics: completed on Oct 19, 2020
No updates since then.
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Have been waiting for longer than a year, don't see where's the end of this.

FrenchFamily

Dec 18, 2020
Hi all,

I've received my notes and I'm on the Group Name "CN COVID PACE"
Does anyone have any idea of what does it mean?

Thanks in advance.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
How do I find if my application is in queue for final decision? My biometrics was completed on November 12 and no update since then.

I also got married last month and sent a cse to add my spouse to my application and did not hear back on it. Called the agent and he told me to wait for another two weeks. :(
I got an ghost update in my profile. Then I also got a letter requesting to provide my current address. Then I called them, and they said
my application has been placed in a queue for final decision. I am not sure how long this is gonna take. No one can tell me.
I am just waiting now. Hope you will have a good news soon.

Reactions: kavish.shaikh1

FrenchFamily

Dec 18, 2020
Hi everyone.

I'm asking with more details.

We are a family of 4, applied FSW-O / EE

AOR : 28/02/2020
Med completed: 5/02/2020, 07/02/2020 and for the kids 25/02/2020
Eligibility completed : 10/03/2020
then nothing... My app was mentioned as the criminality and background check not started on December 28th...

A good surprise for the new year!
Criminality and background check completed : 05/01/2021

07/01/2021 : all our MEDs (all four) have changed from passed to "not started" for everyone of us.
There are four new lines added on the MEDICAL section, one for everyone of us with the status "not started" but the four first lines are still there with the original validity dates.
07/01/2021 : two notes were added
1- **OFFICER REVIEW** No indicators of concern on this file.
2- **OFFICER REVIEW** Application pending MEDs re-assessment.

07/01/2021 :
We were put on the group name CN COVID PACE

Under the section ORGANIZATION & ENTITY:
Org ID : O26495885191
Name : CN COVID PACE
Other Sub type description : Pending FinDec
Other Reason : CN Pace

As I understand, our file is ok, we were put on this group in order to wait the Final Decision and the final decision is depending on the MEDs (may be we will have to do it again or they will be extended...)

With your experiences, how long will it take for the MEDs re-assessment? (may be @legalfalcon you have an idea?)

Does anyone OUTLAND is waiting in this group or there are only Inland?

Thanks for your answers.