+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi is yours placed in queue for final decision? Mine is. and my medical is about to expire.
How do I find if my application is in queue for final decision? My biometrics was completed on November 12 and no update since then.

I also got married last month and sent a cse to add my spouse to my application and did not hear back on it. Called the agent and he told me to wait for another two weeks. :(

Reactions: Magnolian

Shane999

Jan 7, 2020
Hello. I called customer service today. Agent said he left the message to visa office to look in to my file for confirmation of COPR as everything is approved as per gcms since July 2020. CEC inland Jan 2020 AOR. Is it true agent message help in speed up the process?

Reactions: PritamAmbekar

pranzal kothari

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I have added my spouse name in my ongoing express entry file and got requested of biometric in last month. However in India, biometric is not started for Express entry category. But surprisingly toay I found an agent from the facebook who is saying that she has some internal contact to do biometric in next week.

So guys i need your suggestion into this. what should i do ? would it be legit ?

@legalfalcon what's your opinion in this ?

Last edited:

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone! I'm an FSW-Inland applicant with AOR in Feb 2020. Since I've recently accumulated 1 year of Canadian experience, I'm planning to apply again under the CEC stream, considering that:
  1. IRCC has announced that they won't be actively looking at FSW (and other non-CEC) cases until a "further notice".
  2. In general, IRCC seems to have forgotten about most of the Jan - May 2020 applications (E.g, my application hasn't been touched since April 2020).
  3. Last week IRCC sent invitations to 27,000 new CEC applicants with CRS scores as low as 75 (!!!), which clearly indicates that qualified FSW applicants are a very low priority at the moment.
Are there any reasons why applying again through the CEC stream, while keeping my existing FSW application, might be a bad idea? @legalfalcon , I would really appreciate your opinion on this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello friends,

I have added my spouse name in my ongoing express entry file and got requested of biometric in last month. However in India, biometric is not started for Express entry category. But surprisingly toay I found an agent from the facebook who is saying that she has some internal contact to do biometric in next week.

So guys i need your suggestion into this. what should i do ? would it be legit ?

Its a fraud.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone! I'm an FSW-Inland applicant with AOR in Feb 2020. Since I've recently accumulated 1 year of Canadian experience, I'm planning to apply again under the CEC stream, considering that:
  1. IRCC has announced that they won't be actively looking at FSW (and other non-CEC) cases until a "further notice".
  2. In general, IRCC seems to have forgotten about most of the Jan - May 2020 applications (E.g, my application hasn't been touched since April 2020).
  3. Last week IRCC sent invitations to 27,000 new CEC applicants with CRS scores as low as 75 (!!!), which clearly indicates that qualified FSW applicants are a very low priority at the moment.
Are there any reasons why applying again through the CEC stream, while keeping my existing FSW application, might be a bad idea? @legalfalcon , I would really appreciate your opinion on this.

The reasons I can see:

1. cost, you will have to pay twice
2. A new applications will not get you a PPR faster
3. You will have to withdraw one application eventually
4. Irrespective of whether you apply as FSW / CEC the processing is the same. CEC are being processed since IRCC even if they give COPR to someone residing out Canada, they cannot travel and the cOPR will expire, and IRCC will have to reopen the file and issue a new COPR.

Instead of applying afresh, just wait and soon you will have a COPR before you know it.

Reactions: recent_grad

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
The reasons I can see:

1. cost, you will have to pay twice
2. A new applications will not get you a PPR faster
3. You will have to withdraw one application eventually
4. Irrespective of whether you apply as FSW / CEC the processing is the same. CEC are being processed since IRCC even if they give COPR to someone residing out Canada, they cannot travel and the cOPR will expire, and IRCC will have to reopen the file and issue a new COPR.

Instead of applying afresh, just wait and soon you will have a COPR before you know it.
Does this mean they are still working on US based applications since they can travel with COPR?

DavehM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2019
CEC and FSW applications are most definitely not being processed at the same rate. There are many outland applicants whose applications have not been touched since April 2020 in Ottawa VO. Given the current trend, it appears that 2021 looks extremely bleak for outland applicants. Opting for a fresh CEC application sounds reasonable as most get their COPR in a timely fashion

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
I would suggest you to get a new PCC from former residence country just in case. But do it once after you move to a new country in order to cover for all the days you've been there. I heard there were applications rejected because PCC was acquired just a day or two before leaving the country. You can probably do that through embassy channel. Once you have it, sent it across to IRCC and inform them about residence change asap.
Thanks for the update and information, will keep this into account. Yes, it makes sense from the embassy channel.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello @legalfalcon / @caipsnotes

First of all, thanks for helping most of us out with our queries. I am sure you have a lot of other things to do but I am sure we all appreciate your guidance and your patience through most of our rants. I had a couple of questions and would love it if you can shed some light on them

1. Seeing that most applications are taking a very long time to process, is there a possibility these applications can be buried or rejected without a valid reason? I am sure most of us are slowly shifting focus from 'When will we get our PR?' to 'Will we ever get our PR?'

2. Does the legal liability of IRCC end once the COPR is issued? My question stems on my concern that people with expired COPRs might never get an extension.

3. Seeing that there are very limited pathways to Canada, being an non-essential worker, are there any visas I can apply which will grant me entry to Canada while my application is in process in the background (I am even willing to study again)?
Hello. Best course of action at this time is to just exercise patience since there are delays across the aboard and there is not much one can do to expedite the process

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
CEC and FSW applications are most definitely not being processed at the same rate. There are many outland applicants whose applications have not been touched since April 2020 in Ottawa VO. Given the current trend, it appears that 2021 looks extremely bleak for outland applicants. Opting for a fresh CEC application sounds reasonable as most get their COPR in a timely fashion
Well. Speaking as a Feb 2020 CEC inland applicant, it really doesn't make a huge difference. CEC is faster? Look at me lol.

Reactions: Twee

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does this mean they are still working on US based applications since they can travel with COPR?
IRC is working on all applications, but focusing on CEC in full capacity. There are surely internal processing memos, which have not been made public. If you are not in Canada, then your application may be on hold, irrespective of whether your are in US or some other part of the world.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hello friends,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/india-vac-biometrics-appointments.html

At this time, clients in India cannot submit paper applications at VACs or enrol their biometrics for an application other than for a study permit or permanent residence as a spouse, partner or dependent child under the family class. For those looking to submit their passport, a 2-way courier service is offered. Please check the VACs website for further details.

Any idea what this means?

Reactions: pranzal kothari