FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
4-02-2020
Hi all. My medical expired a about 10 days ago. I received a ghost update today, and when I checked it, my message has been
changed from 'You passed medical examination on Feb 27, 2020' into 'You don't need medical examination. We will
let you know if it changes'. Does anyone know what it means? Could this mean that they extended my medical?
Thank you guys. Any input will be appreciated.
Same happened with me.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi all. My medical expired a about 10 days ago. I received a ghost update today, and when I checked it, my message has been
changed from 'You passed medical examination on Feb 27, 2020' into 'You don't need medical examination. We will
let you know if it changes'. Does anyone know what it means? Could this mean that they extended my medical?
Thank you guys. Any input will be appreciated.
Hi, would you mind sharing how did you receive the ghost update? Was there an email notification? thanks!

Reactions: Magnolian

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi, would you mind sharing how did you receive the ghost update? Was there an email notification? thanks!
Hi There was no email notification. I logged into my CIC profile and there was a message saying 'Application updated' and
when I clicked on status, my message for medical was changed.

Reactions: gamzoog

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi There was no email notification. I logged into my CIC profile and there was a message saying 'Application updated' and
thanks so much for the reply. I think our cases are quite similar so please keep us updated. I will also post here if/when I see any movement.

Reactions: Magnolian

EmmaT

Sep 12, 2020
Hi everyone. I got a letter from IRCC on my profile last week apparently in response to my webform enquiry. The letter stated that "my application is currently in queue for review by an officer".

Does anyone have any idea what this means?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
The same I received. This is normal message that appears after medical expires. The update on the portal takes time because I know mine expired on 13th Feb but portal update came after 3 days or so.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
My medical exams expired yesterday, but I did not see any change in the application status (not even a ghost update, which by the way I am not seeing since April 2020...). Is anyone else in the same situation?
Thanks!

Souskhaj

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
My medical exams expired yesterday, but I did not see any change in the application status (not even a ghost update, which by the way I am not seeing since April 2020...). Is anyone else in the same situation?
Thanks!
Mine expired early January and I have not received any updates or ghost updates so far. I do not think that it's automatic. Someone should actually work on your application to notice that your medical has expired which apparently is not happening for my case.

Reactions: matteosc

sud6feb

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon / @caipsnotes

First of all, thanks for helping most of us out with our queries. I am sure you have a lot of other things to do but I am sure we all appreciate your guidance and your patience through most of our rants. I had a couple of questions and would love it if you can shed some light on them

1. Seeing that most applications are taking a very long time to process, is there a possibility these applications can be buried or rejected without a valid reason? I am sure most of us are slowly shifting focus from 'When will we get our PR?' to 'Will we ever get our PR?'

2. Does the legal liability of IRCC end once the COPR is issued? My question stems on my concern that people with expired COPRs might never get an extension.

3. Seeing that there are very limited pathways to Canada, being an non-essential worker, are there any visas I can apply which will grant me entry to Canada while my application is in process in the background (I am even willing to study again)?

dharatishah82

Jan 12, 2020
Hi everyone,
Thanks!
Yes. Mine expired today. No updates yet on the online portal.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Yes. Mine expired today. No updates yet on the online portal.
I just notice that on the IRCC website they say:

• We currently have a backlog of medical exams to process, but when we do process them, you’ll see them in your account.
I assume that we are in the backlog (as usual).

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
As always, I spoke too early: I just received the first "ghost" update since April 2020.
Medical status changed to:
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
I guess my medical exams were sent for review.

Reactions: Mike@2019