caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon Need your expert advise. Its almost been a year (11+ monthe) but security has not yet started. Checked with MP and got response that Eligibility is finalized but no updates on my application.
I am CEC, PNP Inland with all dependents In Canada.
Is it possible that security is in progress but showing as not started. Any idea why Inland applications are taking time for Jan - May 2020 applicants?

CPC: Sydney, NS
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
Info Sharing: Complete
Once security has been initiated the Gcms Notes will look like this, only the Gcms Notes obtained from CBSA show security in-progress (IRCC will redact it)

Reactions: msg2nish
Feb 1, 2021
I am unable to login to cic website for past 15-16 hours. Is anyone else facing this issue? I am getting below error.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Reactions: Agaga77

Agaga77

Jun 19, 2020
I am unable to login to cic website for past 15-16 hours. Is anyone else facing this issue? I am getting below error.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /mycic/gccf.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I am experiencing the same thing. I think their system/server is down.

msg2nish

Sep 16, 2019
Security starts when IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. However, for inland CEC applicants the security is a very quick process as most applications only go though a record check and not a comprehensive screening. To read on record check vs comprehensive screening, see

In your case, most likely the issue seems that no one has worked on the application. Also, check if your eligibility is conclusively passed, or just has a note from an analyst or assistant. Only after the eligibility is conclusively passed, will the security be initiated. See my previous post on this at

Have you requested your GCMS notes? Since you are an inland applicant you can request your GCMS notes through either IRCC or CBSA yourself via the ATIP portal <>

To read on GCMS notes from CBSA vs IRCC

The GCMS notes will let you know when was the last time your application was worked on. Many applications are in the same state as yours where they have been sitting for months and no one has touched them.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your quick response
The Eligibility was passed in June, after that no movement except Biometrics update and medical extention in Jan.
Wondering, why is IRCC holding Inland applicants?
Security starts when IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. However, for inland CEC applicants the security is a very quick process as most applications only go though a record check and not a comprehensive screening. To read on record check vs comprehensive screening, see

In your case, most likely the issue seems that no one has worked on the application. Also, check if your eligibility is conclusively passed, or just has a note from an analyst or assistant. Only after the eligibility is conclusively passed, will the security be initiated. See my previous post on this at #4,004

Have you requested your GCMS notes? Since you are an inland applicant you can request your GCMS notes through either IRCC or CBSA yourself via ATP Portal

To read on GCMS notes from CBSA vs IRCC see

The GCMS notes will let you know when was the last time your application was worked on. Many applications are in the same state as yours where they have been sitting for months and no one has touched them.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your quick response
The application was last worked in June after that no movement except Biometrics update and medical extention in Jan.
Wondering, why is IRCC holding Inland applicants?

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes I can see in my CIC account that my medical was passed second time on 30 Oct-2020, which means it was extended. Original medical passing date was 20 Feb-2020.
I would like to ask you how long they extend medical? is it 6 months or 1 year?

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Extensions if granted are for 6 months
Is it 6 months from the day they extend it? Or 6 months from my medicals 1 year anniversary?
i.e. If I went for my medical exam on January 15 2020, and received the extension on February 15 2021. Do the 6 months start from February? or January?

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi all. My medical expired a about 10 days ago. I received a ghost update today, and when I checked it, my message has been
changed from 'You passed medical examination on Feb 27, 2020' into 'You don't need medical examination. We will
let you know if it changes'. Does anyone know what it means? Could this mean that they extended my medical?
Thank you guys. Any input will be appreciated.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hi all. My medical expired a about 10 days ago. I received a ghost update today, and when I checked it, my message has been
changed from 'You passed medical examination on Feb 27, 2020' into 'You don't need medical examination. We will
let you know if it changes'. Does anyone know what it means? Could this mean that they extended my medical?
Thank you guys. Any input will be appreciated.
If it is extended then new date should be reflected, i mean it should be Feb 2021. That's what reflected in my CIC Account. Might be it is under consideration to be extended.

jazz_77

Oct 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I ordered my GCMS notes on Dec 6th and i received it yesterday. Can anyone provide any input on the below notes. Thank you

Created By: KC17830 Updated Date 2020/03/0511:37:36 Updated By: KC17830 Restricted: No Label: EE Eligibility Office Centralized Intake Office Text REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: XXXXXX the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 472 CRS SCORE: 478 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW Client Information LANGUAGES Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS - Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS - Verified EDUCATION Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website: foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as: Master's degree Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as: Master's degree Foreign credential provided POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions Spouse 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality AGE Applicants age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

Reactions: Mike@2019

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Like here everyone is feb aor hence this forum ,
I wanted to know if any one had to do a re PCC or ircc asked for the same ,
My country of residence might change in coming next month onwards
Like pre covid it was same uae ,
Now its india got my visa expired and didnt go to UAE since a year ,
But now got a new job .
so what should j updateand how to give pcc again .
I am sep AOR

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Like here everyone is feb aor hence this forum ,
I wanted to know if any one had to do a re PCC or ircc asked for the same ,
My country of residence might change in coming next month onwards
Like pre covid it was same uae ,
Now its india got my visa expired and didnt go to UAE since a year ,
But now got a new job .
so what should j updateand how to give pcc again .
I am sep AOR
I would suggest you to get a new PCC from former residence countery just in case. But do it once after you move to a new country in order to cover for all the days you've been there. I heard there were applications rejected because PCC was acquired just a day or two before leaving the country. You can probably do that through embassy channel. Once you have it, sent it across to IRCC and inform them about residence change asap.

Reactions: kanwar144