+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

gmnph29

Oct 13, 2020
What is your stream? I'm guessing you're inland, but your timeline gives me a small (very minuscule) glimmer of hope because it is very similar to mine, we even have the same VO. Good luck!!
@thephdguy FSW inland and yeah my current visa office is Montreal. Based on my notes the application has not been touched since the beginning of June when a case analyst suggested my eligibility as a recommended pass. Thank you and I hope you get some movement soon.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, been a bit of a silent reader on this forum as my biometrics collection was significantly delayed during the pandemic therefore no updates until now

I recently completed my biometrics and received a ghost update last Friday 10 days after biometrics collection. I rang IRCC today and they told me that everything was passed by an officer but there was a note on the file saying that my medical either needs to be redone or extended.

@legalfalcon I passed medical on February 26th, 2020 and I though it still held just over 3 months validity as I thought medicals were valid for a year. Any ideas why they put this note on the file? Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

AOR: Feb 16th AOR, MED- Feb 26th, BIO -Nov 11th, Eligibility- Passed. Criminality- Passed. Background- Passed, Visa office: Montreal (Awaiting final decision)

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their applications.

The medicals have to be valid when you submit your application and also when you land and become a PR.

Since you only have a validity ion 3 months, your medicals will be sent to the Regional Medical Officer for reassessment who will make a determination on whether to extend or ask for remed.

PR visa and COPR cannot be issued beyond the medical validity date.

gmnph29

Oct 13, 2020
The medicals have to be valid when you submit your application and also when you land and become a PR.

Since you only have a validity ion 3 months, your medicals will be sent to the Regional Medical Officer for reassessment who will make a determination on whether to extend or ask for remed.

PR visa and COPR cannot be issued beyond the medical validity date.
Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

Reactions: legalfalcon

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@thephdguy FSW inland and yeah my current visa office is Montreal. Based on my notes the application has not been touched since the beginning of June when a case analyst suggested my eligibility as a recommended pass. Thank you and I hope you get some movement soon.
We got the recommended pass at the same time (June 3rd on my case, and since then file has not been touched), same AOR and MEP date. Please let me know when you get your PPR (or COPR in mail for inlands). Hopefully you'll get your medicals extended and COPR soon.

Reactions: gmnph29

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone,
Has anybody here applied for Bridging Work Permit recently? I might need to apply for one, and I just want to find out
how long it is taking these days to get the BWOP.

Your responses are greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Reactions: pbhanot

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello everyone,
Has anybody here applied for Bridging Work Permit recently? I might need to apply for one, and I just want to find out

Its been 2.5 months for me since I applied BOWP. I read somewhere on one of the threads ots taking almost 6 months.

Although TBH it doesnt matter how much it takes because you can work full time on implied status and using the same SIN no. you have right now.

The only problem is you cannot travel until you actually get the BOWP. So I would suggest not to worry about the processing time of this application, I am sure we all already have a lot to worry about :)

gmnph29

Oct 13, 2020
Hello everyone,

@Magnolian I had to apply for a bridging work permit and it took just shy of 6 months from start to finish.

Reactions: Magnolian

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Its been 2.5 months for me since I applied BOWP. I read somewhere on one of the threads ots taking almost 6 months.

Although TBH it doesnt matter how much it takes because you can work full time on implied status and using the same SIN no. you have right now.

The only problem is you cannot travel until you actually get the BOWP. So I would suggest not to worry about the processing time of this application, I am sure we all already have a lot to worry about :)
Hello, @pbhanot Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it :).

I am in dilemma where I need to get some kind of permit. I have a green card interview coming in up in Montreal embassy. My current work permit expires in early June, 2021 and my interview might happen after my work permit expires. I found out that I have to have a permit in my hand so I can go into the embassy to have my interview. I don't think they would care about my mumbling about having implied status in Canada and might not let me in if I don't have something legal to show them. I also might need it to travel there as well. So, it is extremely important to me:)

How many months is your BWOP in lenght? 6 months? I read that you have to wait until you have 4 or less months on your work permit to apply for BWOP, but do you think I can apply for it earlier than that given the current situation? Have you heard anything like that on this forum or elsewhere?

2.5 months is actually a pretty good. Thank you so much again!

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello, @pbhanot Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it :).

I am in dilemma where I need to get some kind of permit. I have a green card interview coming in up in Montreal embassy. My current work permit expires in early June, 2021 and my interview might happen after my work permit expires. I found out that I have to have a permit in my hand so I can go into the embassy to have my interview. I don't think they would care about my mumbling about having implied status in Canada and might not let me in if I don't have something legal to show them. I also might need it to travel there as well. So, it is extremely important to me:)

How many months is your BWOP in lenght? 6 months? I read that you have to wait until you have 4 or less months on your work permit to apply for BWOP, but do you think I can apply for it earlier than that given the current situation? Have you heard anything like that on this forum or elsewhere?

2.5 months is actually a pretty good. Thank you so much again!
Hi @Magnolian I am sorry of I was not clear but I meant its been 2.5 months since I applied, but I still have not got it. But people who already got it have had to wait almost 6 months.

In your case implied status won't work. I would suggest you apply for it today itself so that you have ample time before your interview. I think you should definitely get it by June 2021 of you apply this week itself.

Reactions: Magnolian

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi @Magnolian I am sorry of I was not clear but I meant its been 2.5 months since I applied, but I still have not got it. But people who already got it have had to wait almost 6 months.

In your case implied status won't work. I would suggest you apply for it today itself so that you have ample time before your interview. I think you should definitely get it by June 2021 of you apply this week itself.
Thanks so much! I will apply for it for sure. I am just not sure about 4 or less months requirement.....

What kind of supporting documents did you need to apply for it? Do you need bank papers and such? Is it similar to the study permit extension?

Thanks again.

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Thanks so much! I will apply for it for sure. I am just not sure about 4 or less months requirement.....

What kind of supporting documents did you need to apply for it? Do you need bank papers and such? Is it similar to the study permit extension?

Thanks again.
Yes, you current work permit should be expiring in 120 days and the R10 completeness check should have already been done on your PR application.

Regarding documents, you need to submit the same documents you submitted for your original WP. You can add the AOR for the PR application but they already know you have applied for PR through your UCI no.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Yes, you current work permit should be expiring in 120 days and the R10 completeness check should have already been done on your PR application.

Regarding documents, you need to submit the same documents you submitted for your original WP. You can add the AOR for the PR application but they already know you have applied for PR through your UCI no.
Then I need to wait until Feb because of 4 months requirement..... Oh My (sigh).
Do I need to get a bank papers from my bank again? I don't remember what else I needed for my original WP.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes

I am trying to apply for BWOP. As you may already know one of the requirements is that my PR application has to have R10 completeness check
done.

From my GCMS notes, my PR application's current status:

Eligibilty: RR
Security: Not Started
Criminality: In Progress
Info Sharing: In Progress

(Still haven't done my biometrics yet. Still waiting for the SC call)

Can you please help me by telling me if my application has been passed the completeness check? It has been analyzed by program
assistant and case analyst. Case analyst recommended a couple of things that require officer review. It is currently waiting for
officer review. Can I assume it has been passed completeness check and apply for BWOP?

Thank you so much!!

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Then I need to wait until Feb because of 4 months requirement..... Oh My (sigh).
Do I need to get a bank papers from my bank again? I don't remember what else I needed for my original WP.
I am not sure about the bank documents but I personally did not submit any documents related to my bank.
I would recommend still applying once you hit the 120 days mark. May be by then the processing times shorten a bit. Best of luck