+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
1. The two applications are mutually exclusive and each will be processed on its own merit. If you have 3 SOWP refusals, then definitely IRCC is not convinced of the case that your spouse is a temporary visitor. Re-applying won't change that unless you address the exact concern of why the refusal happened.

2. This is your choice.
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you for the update , Can you answer on last concern that i have , when i applied for Express entry i applied as non accompanying spouse and then i applied for sowp , my consultant said that it is ok to apply for temporary visa but got refused for sowp. do you think that would raise conflict on my file to visa officer as i mentioned non accompanying spouse and then i applied sowp ? Thanks in advance

leomessi1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Folks, want to share my update.
We are family of 4 member. Finally we got my CoPR.

My timeline:-
Cut-off score:- 472
Category :- CEC Inland
AOR - 7th Feb 2020
Biometrics - 19th Feb 2020
Medicals - 19th Feb 2020 (expired in March 26th 2020) But officer extended validity again on Aug 30th 2020.
Background check completed - June 11th 2020
Review of eligibility completed on - July 2nd 2020
CoPR - 7th October, 2020.

I got an email (no update on my online account) on 7th October from IRCC agent asking for confirmation if I am in Canada. As soon as I responded (Just reply on email without any documents), I received the CoPRs in half an hour ( the agent was very quick) in updating my online profile this time.

Point to note:-
I received CoPR documents, and I observed that the CoPR document numbers in one of document was wrong. You can validate the document numbers with the GRID updated to you online account once CoPRs are sanctioned. This document number in online grid must match with the document number in the PDF CoPR document. I immediately connected back and got that document regenerated with correct document number.
Did you get the CoPR documents through mail, email or through CIC account?

G.Caio

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I received 2 calls from service Canada today but I missed the calls.
By any chance anyone had the same situation ?
Not sure what to do now

Reactions: Magnolian

doislan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2020
AOR Received.
12-02-2020
Med's Done....
24-02-2020
I received 2 calls from service Canada today but I missed the calls.
By any chance anyone had the same situation ?
Not sure what to do now
That sucks man, but I think the only thing you can do is wait for another call :(

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Thank you for the update , Can you answer on last concern that i have , when i applied for Express entry i applied as non accompanying spouse and then i applied for sowp , my consultant said that it is ok to apply for temporary visa but got refused for sowp. do you think that would raise conflict on my file to visa officer as i mentioned non accompanying spouse and then i applied sowp ? Thanks in advance
TRVs and PR applications are processed separately on their own merits. However, applications can be looked into to ensure that there are no discrepancies and misrepresentations.

Subsection A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.

You should request the GCMS notes for the SOWP and find the reason for who the application was refused before deciding to reapply.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am working as in NOC 2174 software developer with
- positive LMIA on a closed work permit as an inland applicant
- my initial job offer says full-time indefinite duration
- HR letter says the permanent, full-time position
- Already have worked for the same employer for 1 year.

Can you please answer my below queries?
  1. Would there be any issue with PR processing even though the HR letter and offer letter doesn't say they will support 1year after PR?
  2. Do I have to take a new offer letter in any case?
@AJ199101 Can you also give your inputs based on your experience?

Thanks
Venkatesh Guntupalli

As pre law,

The arranged employment requirement as set out in subsection 82(1) read with subsection 29(2) of the Ministerial Instructions has a specific requirement as stipulated in subsection 82(1), “that is for continuous full-time work in Canada having a duration of at least one year after the date on which a permanent resident visa is issued” is met by the supporting documents submitted along with my permanent residency application.

Either the letter should expressly state so or it should be evident form supporting evidence.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Hi, Guys
I just got a ghost update in my profile! A ghost update is a well deserved name, as it was just like a ghost--was present one minute, but gone next. I have never seen this, so I sure hope it is a good news.

mahinangia

Sep 10, 2020
Received second ghost update? Not sure what it can be? I cleared all stages and awaiting final approval? 1st ghost update on 3rd Oct and second today. I hope its approved?

DentOrtho

Oct 15, 2020
I regularly check my profile and today I saw Application/Profile Updated.....This is the 3rd GU after first 2 GUs in September.
I raised a webform day before yesterday.....I'm bit confused whether this GU has anything to do with raised webform or I'm goin to listen any good news soon.

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Received second ghost update? Not sure what it can be? I cleared all stages and awaiting final approval? 1st ghost update on 3rd Oct and second today. I hope its approved?
Hi I got the very first one today.... I am hoping it will be a good news. When did you get your first? Did you find out what your first one meant?