+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Magnolian

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
No I haven't. And I don't trust the google spreadsheet that is circulating. As I am sure at least one person from Vancouver who is not on this forum would have received it.
Also I don't get the new update which says you don't need a biometrics if you have given biometrics in the last ten years. Does that include study\work permit! But my application did not see any movement since the time I gave the RCMP document back in March :(

@Magnolian Let me know if you hear from anyone about Van biometrics SC call. I will let you know if I hear something.
Hi, I am glad I have met you online:)
Let's keep in touch on this web forum. I will let you know if I hear anything, or I get the SC call, and you do the same, please.

Have you checked if your biometrics has been expired on their website? I checked mine, and it says that they can not find
any info about me, and I guess that means I still need to get the biometrics done. I had study/work permit in last 5 years, I don't remember if
I have done biometrics for those.

My application hasn't been updated since Feb 26, which was my medical. It seems like no one has touched it yet since then.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi, I am glad I have met you online:)
Let's keep in touch on this web forum. I will let you know if I hear anything, or I get the SC call, and you do the same, please.

Have you checked if your biometrics has been expired on their website? I checked mine, and it says that they can not find
any info about me, and I guess that means I still need to get the biometrics done. I had study/work permit in last 5 years, I don't remember if
I have done biometrics for those.

My application hasn't been updated since Feb 26, which was my medical. It seems like no one has touched it yet since then.
Yeah Sure. That sounds good!

I just checked my biometrics status and it says the same for me. Didn't even know it existed.
Anybody else wondering how to check it here is the link.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
primary -ottawa
secondary -vancouver immigration.?What is your status?

My file approved, but no copr
Same, my file also got approved. Called IRCC and the agent said check the email regularly. COPR will be issued from Vancouver immigration.

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
from secondary office? why not from ottawa? Im residing in Toronto...
When was your file appeoved? Aug?
I am in Ontario as well. No idea, but the agent did say COPR will come from Vancouver immigration. My file was approved in Aug.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon @caipsnotes ,

Seeing the applicant's progress here (a lot of Feb AOR files are yet to be touched by Officers for Ottawa VO) , what can be the reason that April, May AOR people are getting COPR ( Especially from Ottawa Vo) and our files are stuck without any reason?

Thanks
Hi. Nothing wrong with contrasting your timeline with others. Here is what IRCC has to say right now about this;

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), IRCC can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times

IRCC is prioritizing applications from
  • Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services

Reactions: Ramsay123

Rhbcc

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Vancouver,BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
01-07-2020
Hi. Nothing wrong with contrasting your timeline with others. Here is what IRCC has to say right now about this;

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), IRCC can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times

IRCC is prioritizing applications from
  • Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
@caipsnotes @legalfalcon - hey guys was wondering if someone works for the BC public service and their work is considered essential services is the application considered a priority? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/essential-services-covid-19

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - hey guys was wondering if someone works for the BC public service and their work is considered essential services is the application considered a priority? https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/essential-services-covid-19
If you are referring to the PR applications, for someone who works for the BC public service, the answer is no.

Anyone who is already in Canada, their application for a PR is not a priority. Applicants who work in essential services and who have applied for a work permit to come to canada, family reunification, or Canadians stranded abroad are priority. However, if the applicant has applied for a WP renewal, then the application will be a priority.

At the same time, IRCC has now established Rapid Response Operations Centre RROC to process the application for specific NOCs and for applicants whose WPs may be expiring and their PR application is concluded, the RROC can pick such applications or expedited processing. Many GCMS notes have notes by RROC.

See the entire COVID program delivery instructions here:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus.html

When you read a notification or a policy, read it in entirety. Just selectively picking up things does not help.

Reactions: mussadsar and Rhbcc
Sep 14, 2020
hi there, just wanted to share with you all that I got my Copr on Oct. 5th. I am FSW outland applicant. The Copr says it is valid till Feb 24th, 2021 (one year from the first medical exam), however one letter in the envelope also says I can't travel to Canada right now unless I got the ETA. My plan is to wait a bit longer see if the boarder opens or travel restrictions will loose a bit. My case indicates IRCC is slow but they are still issuing copr to outland applicants. I am currently in China and the covid is under control, VFS and consulate are back to work since March. I also know a few others from China with AOR in Feb received ppr and copr recently.

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
hi there, just wanted to share with you all that I got my Copr on Oct. 5th. I am FSW outland applicant. The Copr says it is valid till Feb 24th, 2021 (one year from the first medical exam), however one letter in the envelope also says I can't travel to Canada right now unless I got the ETA. My plan is to wait a bit longer see if the boarder opens or travel restrictions will loose a bit. My case indicates IRCC is slow but they are still issuing copr to outland applicants. I am currently in China and the covid is under control, VFS and consulate are back to work since March. I also know a few others from China with AOR in Feb received ppr and copr recently.
Congratulations! Do you know what will happen if you cant go before february 2021? Is there a possibility to extend your COPR's validity?

DentOrtho

Oct 15, 2020
Hello...Hope u all are doin well in this Pandemic crisis....I'm a silent reader of this forum Since long and this is my first post.

Below is My Timeline

FSW outland India
NOC 3112

AOR........................29th February 2020
Medical Passed.....05th March 2020
Biometrics given....09th March 2020
1st GU.....................04th September 2020
2nd GU....................11th September 2020

I Have raised a webform once and it was a generic reply.Being optimistic I always feel that GCMS Notes would take a month and meanwhile I will get PPR/COPR Hence Never raised it or probably not much keen to go for it.

I would be much obliged to have some light on my timeline from collegues and Senior like @legalfalcon.

Thanks a lot in advance.