+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
When you get a COPR, all your other visas are cancelled. Previously for inland applicants, who get the COPR, had to schedule an interview and get all the valid permits with them. When the COPR was given all other existing visas were cancelled.

However, now since IRCC is sending COPR via email due to COVID, you sill should have informed that you are no longer residing in Canda and have move out of Canada.

If you did not, then you can travel on you TRV, but when you land, you will have to complete your formalities, and since your COPR is already active, you may have some answering to do.

So make sure you clarify this with IRCC, as there is no guideline on this, except what people are saying based on anecdotal evidence.
Already great. Actually I am thinking to travel to Canada next week to apply Bowp, as pgwp expiring in Jan.

My following question.. if we get COPR let's say in December. At which point according to you my pgwp/trv will be canceled. Right? Now i tell ircc that we will add our new born in 2nd week of February. They will likely ask us to send us copr back along with newborn docs. So I will have no valid status in that transitioning and newborn addition time ?? As you said my existing status will be canceled..and copr issued will be recalled back.

Just wanna add one last question. Since bowp application requires applicant to be currently in Canada .right ? So if someone is not able to travel because of Current travel restrictions, can't we apply from outside canada as application is online anyway. Do you think its something that I should ask ircc, they might allow me to apply from outside.

Please share your views in this scenario @legalfalcon .

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi @pranzal kothari

But we need to convince the officer at the border correct with letter from Employer .
If you’re outside of Canada
Travel restrictions and exemptions for temporary workers
As a temporary worker, you’re exempt from travel restrictions if you’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

Certain people who can work without a permit may also be exempt from travel restrictions.

Essential (non-discretionary) travel for a temporary worker
Essential
refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

As a worker, your travel is essential (non-discretionary) if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
In a separate thread, someone mentioned that i might not have been specific enough with my webform inquiry. Having re-read the inquiry my agent sent, i think that is true.

If it's not too much to ask, could you point me towards a template or a sample of how i should word my inquiry so as to get a bit more than the bare minimum response?

Would this be specific enough? Are there any other status or question i should ask for in this webform?
-------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing on behalf of my client Mr. xxxxxxxx xxxxx. His AOR was on 17th Feb 2020 and his application passed the 6mth mark on 17th of Aug 2020. The only update that has been posted on his account as of 21st Sept 2020 is his Medical status.

We would like to check on the status of the following please:-
1) Criminality Status
2) Eligibility Status
3) Security Status
4) VO (Visa Office) assigned

We appreciate your time and effort in providing us these details.

Regards xxxxx xxxxx
-------------------------

Would this suffice?
Hi, that does seem specific. You can still get a variety of different response, see some examples here https://help.gcmsnotes.com/code/web-form
Please share an update when you get a response to your query

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
If you’re outside of Canada
Travel restrictions and exemptions for temporary workers
As a temporary worker, you’re exempt from travel restrictions if you’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

Certain people who can work without a permit may also be exempt from travel restrictions.

Essential (non-discretionary) travel for a temporary worker
Essential
refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

As a worker, your travel is essential (non-discretionary) if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)
Hi @kavish.shaikh1

I have called IRCC call centre and spoke about the above mentioned rules , The agent on call told me that even if it is written on website you should still prove that your travel is essential as i have been in India and working remotely from here ,
Do you think i need to try to call again and talk to another agent for accurate information this time .?Thanks

chunga

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
I took a PR photo when I created EE profile.(used the same photos for my profile)
I just realized it's been 8 months already.... still waiting due to Biometrics.
Should I take a pic again?

Last edited:

JTPr

May 15, 2020
updates on my case:

15 September 2020 - everything pass (South Korean PCC also passed!!!)
15 September 2020 - Received a letter from CIC requesting me to send a confirmation letter - Answering if I am in Canada or Not with current mailing address
16 September - sent it through webform as i couldn't find the slot to upload on mycic
20 September - all of sudden could see the slot - the page looks weird though... but uploaded it anyways - status changed from "actions needed" to "submitted"
21 September - CIC agent said my additional documents have been received and now waiting for case to be finalized...

fingers crossed!

there is another person who was in my situation. After submitting her letter of confirmation that she is in Canada, she got her PR the following week - 9 days altogether from the day being submitted the confirmation letter to coPR.

Hopefully i can get it within this week!! Anyone else is in the same boat?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Please update if anybody receives call from Service Canada for biometrics
per IRCC

IRCC will contact clients to book appointments based on their file status, location in Canada and other factors. Client selection is largely based on the date of the client’s application.

Only clients with scheduled appointments will be allowed to come into an IRCC office.

Biometrics:

• If you’re a permanent residence applicant in Canada waiting to give your biometrics, you’ll receive a call from Service Canada over the next few months to book a biometrics appointment.
  • If you’re in a region where more people are waiting to give their biometrics, such as the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. We know that this is a challenging and frustrating time and we are grateful for your patience. Service Canada will contact you as soon as they can.
This is a limited service. You should not go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada officer has called you and booked a biometrics appointment for you.

For more information, including what to do if your contact information has changed or an authorized representative applied on your behalf, please visit our website.

Your health and safety remain our priority, and measures are being put in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients at IRCC facilities:

• Clients will be asked to complete a Health Canada self-assessment questionnaire before coming in for an appointment.
  • Upon arrival, clients will be asked the same questions to determine if they can enter IRCC premises.
  • All employees and clients will be required to wear masks, maintain social distance and follow signs directing the flow of foot traffic.
  • Clients will be asked to reschedule their appointment if they appear ill.
IRCC will continue to follow guidelines and recommendations set by the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial and local public health authorities. The department will also monitor the offices where in-person services are offered to help us plan for reopening services more widely in the future.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Already great. Actually I am thinking to travel to Canada next week to apply Bowp, as pgwp expiring in Jan.

My following question.. if we get COPR let's say in December. At which point according to you my pgwp/trv will be canceled. Right? Now i tell ircc that we will add our new born in 2nd week of February. They will likely ask us to send us copr back along with newborn docs. So I will have no valid status in that transitioning and newborn addition time ?? As you said my existing status will be canceled..and copr issued will be recalled back.

Just wanna add one last question. Since bowp application requires applicant to be currently in Canada .right ? So if someone is not able to travel because of Current travel restrictions, can't we apply from outside canada as application is online anyway. Do you think its something that I should ask ircc, they might allow me to apply from outside.

Please share your views in this scenario @legalfalcon .
After your COPR is approved, and issued, if you want to add your child to the application, earlier they used to ask for the COPR to be returned. However, now IRCC in its email is stating the following when asked to add a minor child or spouse:

Useful tips
  • If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
This is because most COPR are electronically issued for inland applicants, and are active when issued. There is no more requirement for flag polling or stamping. This is why to add a minor child you will have to file a sponsorship application.

Tony@1234

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hi, my CIC account was updated as My application was approved along with COPR details(CoPR number and validity). However I didn’t get my COPR on my email. Does the email takes time to come in? How long does it take to get CoPR email after CIC account get updated to approved?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, my CIC account was updated as My application was approved along with COPR details(CoPR number and validity). However I didn’t get my COPR on my email. Does the email takes time to come in? How long does it take to get CoPR email after CIC account get updated to approved?
Some application receive the email within 1-4 days. However, IRCC may withhold the email based on our country of residence. If you have not received an email send a webform and enquire.