+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey All,

AOR: Feb 2nd 2020.
FSW Outland
Last update on visa 'review required' for eligibility.

I got married on 23rd August. I have nearly all my documents ready for spouse addition submission. The webform only allows for file size up to 3.5 MB. After signing and scanning all my files it is not possible to upload all these documents together.

How did other people get around this? Send multiple webforms? or email the office directly ?

Thanks for the help.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hey All,

AOR: Feb 2nd 2020.
FSW Outland
Last update on visa 'review required' for eligibility.

I got married on 23rd August. I have nearly all my documents ready for spouse addition submission. The webform only allows for file size up to 3.5 MB. After signing and scanning all my files it is not possible to upload all these documents together.

How did other people get around this? Send multiple webforms? or email the office directly ?

Thanks for the help.
Send multiple webforms. Include a letter of explanation listing all the documents that you have/are submitting

Reactions: Johnjacobb

Twinkle2500

Aug 20, 2021
Hi Guys, I requested my gcms notes mid July and after 30 days no notes were sent so I followed up. I received an email saying they will be released shortly. But no notes have been sent and its been 15 days since. What can I do? Follow up again? Or request new gcms notes?

Reactions: Shantanu275

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
In reply of my gcms notes on August 2021
Eligibility : Pass
Criminality : Pass
Medical : Pass
Info sharing : completed
Final : Approved
The decision was taken in September 2020 and in GCMS notes mention that it's valid upto March 2021
Can i rest-assure that when borders open I will get PPR/CoPR ?
Hi, can you please send me the text of your webform to IRCC? I always get very general responses, nothing specific like what you just mentioned.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
Hey all,

Has anybody emailed CPC Ottawa directly about their application? I sent multiple webforms about adding my spouse but only got these generic responses. Absolutely no acknowledgement it was done and she was added.

I was thinking about emailing the office ditectly. Has anybody experience with this?

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
Hey all,

Has anybody emailed CPC Ottawa directly about their application? I sent multiple webforms about adding my spouse but only got these generic responses. Absolutely no acknowledgement it was done and she was added.

I was thinking about emailing the office ditectly. Has anybody experience with this?

I made a webform enquiry 3 weeks ago. Today I got this rather disappointing generic reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:
  • Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
  • Changes in contact information
  • Requests to withdraw an application or refunds
If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
If you included attachments with your enquiry, rest assured that they will be added to your file shortly.

• Angry
Reactions: Johnjacobb

EmmaT

Sep 12, 2020
I made a webform enquiry 3 weeks ago. Today I got this rather disappointing generic reply:
I literally came on here to somewhat rant about receiving this same generic response.

I don't know if I'm expecting too much but why take three weeks to send this when it can be auto-generated as soon as the email enquiry is received.

Honestly, the communication (or lack thereof) from IRCC is much more disappointing than them taking over 500 days to process applications.

Reactions: Maxpayne111

flognity

Sep 24, 2019
Germany
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2020
AOR Received.
26-02-2020
Passport Req..
01-12-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2021
I literally came on here to somewhat rant about receiving this same generic response.

I don't know if I'm expecting too much but why take three weeks to send this when it can be auto-generated as soon as the email enquiry is received.

Honestly, the communication (or lack thereof) from IRCC is much more disappointing than them taking over 500 days to process applications.
I have to hold back my emotions, but what I can say is that I am not at all happy with how IRCC treats their future permanent residents. I applied in 2019, got my AOR in February 2020 and a month ago, I got a job offer in rural BC that fits 100% of my NOC code. I thought this is what Express Entry is all about: fill the gap between the lack of skilled workers, especially in rural parts of Canada, by recruiting highly skilled workers from abroad.

Why are they so slow and non-transparent about their processing of files? If I hadn’t ordered a GCMS information request, I would have never known that they issued a COPR in September 2020 but then put me on a COVID waiting list (CPCO COVID RFV). My online profile still says: “Latest update: Review of medical results - March 4, 2020: You passed the medical exam”, which is a blatant lie since this is not the “latest update”!

My job offer will expire if I can’t make it to Canada until the 20th of September, since they need to fill the vacancy as soon as possible. It would be a shame if this wouldn’t work out since the position and the location were exactly what I was looking for. I made that very clear in my web form request, but all they sent back was this generic reply 3 weeks later. I even attached my work contract to the request, but it seems as if they didn’t even have a look at it.

I cancelled my apartment, sold all my furniture and belongings that are not dear to my heart and cancelled my job. Due to the pandemic, I got my job back without a gap in early 2020, but I quit again this year since I had a 6-month notice period (because that’s how some German companies - especially banks - work). I’m unemployed and I’m living with my parents since August 2021, since I anticipated my move to Canada due to my job offer in BC. I can’t put my head around how IRCC imagines how this would work out: you are anticipating to move to a new country but then you are supposed to act as if you never gonna actually move because they are not keeping you up to date with the processing of your file. This might (painfully) work in some other countries, but not at all in Germany. We have an insane amount of bureaucracy that requires months, if not years of planning ahead of time. Contracts can’t be cancelled on short notice when you suddenly get a “visa issued” from IRCC.

For anyone interested, I made a YouTube channel about my move to Canada and I recently gave an update about my struggle.

Johnjacobb

May 19, 2020
I got the same reply to all my webforms about adding my spouse to my visa. Even though this is on their priority list.

I just sent another webform highlighting that my webform is on their priority list and is a change of circumstance.

Fingers crossed they add my spouse to my visa

Last edited:

bvenkata

Feb 3, 2019
Hyderabad
I just received my Ready for Visa e-mail from CIC along with the next steps I need to take :) . I am happy as well as relieved that our family's efforts have paid off.
I am FSW-O from India. AOR Feb 2nd, 2020.
The last update before the RFV e-mail was that my family and I have passed the re-medicals. This was on May 13th.

yjus

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
I just received my Ready for Visa e-mail from CIC along with the next steps I need to take :) . I am happy as well as relieved that our family's efforts have paid off.
The last update before the RFV e-mail was that my family and I have passed the re-medicals. This was on May 13th.
Happy for you man.
I'm also AOR Feb 2020 Outland. A few days agoI received update about medicals passed.

Reactions: TheDutt

Grehoundy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Congrats whats your VO