+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> February 2020 AOR <<<***

Tanit80

Aug 7, 2019
Yes, you can submit the passport even if it expires within 3 months. The validity of the COPR for people from visa exempt countries is until the meds expire.

However, if you can renew you passport before submission, you should.
Thank you so much for the information.

Niloo-ra

Star Member
Aug 21, 2020
Why are they issuing Copr only for the people residing in US? Any other FSW-O applicant got their Copr recently who’s not residing in US?
My AOR is February 9th, 2020.
My file has been approved according to GCMS note, but still nothing.

Reactions: immicow

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Why are they issuing Copr only for the people residing in US? Any other FSW-O applicant got their Copr recently who’s not residing in US?
They are issuing CoPR pretty randomly, mostly to PNP for what I see. Country of residence has little to do with it. To really understand what is going on you should check the number of applications for each country and their average processing times due to how easy is to collect and provide accepted documents. Just looking at the few that are getting PPR and CoPR without looking at the big picture is misleading and creates unnecessary tensions. We are all waiting and we are tired, no matter the country of residence.

Reactions: Niloo-ra

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is somebody (outland) who has applied for a work permit during the processing of their PR application (and got it)?

We heard from our immigration consultant that a work permit may not be granted if you have already entered a PR application, because of the dual intent: it would be strange to apply for a temporary permit while you've already applied for a permanent status, meaning that your intention is actually to stay permanently...
@legalfalcon Do you have any idea if this is true?

Sitrarose

Feb 5, 2021
You can see here : https://www.change.org/p/marco-mendicino-minister-of-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-canada-significant-delay-in-processing-of-pr-applications-for-inland-nominees
there are many comments and concern, you can sign.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is somebody (outland) who has applied for a work permit during the processing of their PR application (and got it)?

We heard from our immigration consultant that a work permit may not be granted if you have already entered a PR application, because of the dual intent: it would be strange to apply for a temporary permit while you've already applied for a permanent status, meaning that your intention is actually to stay permanently...
@legalfalcon Do you have any idea if this is true?
Your consultant definitely gave you incorrect advice. See my previous post on this issue: #5,143

Reactions: Kaat

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
Your consultant definitely gave you incorrect advice. See my previous post on this issue: #5,143
@legalfalcon Thanks for the reply. How can we demonstrate we will be leaving Canada at the end of the work permit (since obviously we hope to stay there permanently and are only going for the work-permit-option (for my husband) to be already in Canada while waiting for our PR to come through)? We will have sold our house, I will have quit my job... What is a valid proof?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for the reply. How can we demonstrate we will be leaving Canada at the end of the work permit (since obviously we hope to stay there permanently and are only going for the work-permit-option (for my husband) to be already in Canada while waiting for our PR to come through)? We will have sold our house, I will have quit my job... What is a valid proof?
On a TRV you have to leave Canada at the end of your visa / permit. What you hope is not different from what your documents depict. If you become a PR, you can indefinitely stay in Canada. Until then, you have to leave Canda and also have an intention to leave Canada after the TRV expires.

Reactions: Kaat

Kaat

Oct 7, 2020
On a TRV you have to leave Canada at the end of your visa / permit. What you hope is not different from what your documents depict. If you become a PR, you can indefinitely stay in Canada. Until then, you have to leave Canda and also have an intention to leave Canada after the TRV expires.
Ok, thanks for the reply, @legalfalcon You really are a big help!