2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Oh my gosh....

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1767870/immigration-canada-residents-coronavirus-frontiere

If you can read in french .. is a really awful situation...

It's totally messy !

Saying that validating your PR and come to live sounds now to be "Non essential trip" (Unless your sponsor already live in Canada)

Those ppl got accepted by the airline to board , SERIOUS ADVICE for new ppl getting PPR and COPR... i would validate twice with IRCC and CBSA before going. (Requesting a proof of acceptation and exemption at the border)

Such a fail ! Even if you have a PCR test negative, a quarantaine plan and all the correct papers.

So to resume

Validate PR and Entry to Canada

-> PCR TEST Negative (72 hours)
-> COPR letter
-> Visa (IF required)
-> CSQ (if Quebec)
-> Quarantaine plan
-> Status

SPR - Canadian AND Live in Canada OR Already PR in Canada) -> Yes granted PA
SPR - NEW PR (INTL) -> NO (Both are facing deportation)

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh my gosh....

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1767870/immigration-canada-residents-coronavirus-frontiere

If you can read in french .. is a really awful situation...

It's totally messy !

Saying that validating your PR and come to live sounds now to be "Non essential trip" (Unless your sponsor already live in Canada)

Those ppl got accepted by the airline to board , SERIOUS ADVICE for new ppl getting PPR and COPR... i would validate twice with IRCC and CBSA before going. (Requesting a proof of acceptation and exemption at the border)

Such a fail ! Even if you have a PCR test negative, a quarantaine plan and all the correct papers.

So to resume

Validate PR and Entry to Canada

-> PCR TEST Negative (72 hours)
-> COPR letter
-> Visa (IF required)
-> CSQ (if Quebec)
-> Quarantaine plan
-> Status

SPR - Canadian AND Live in Canada OR Already PR in Canada) -> Yes granted PA
SPR - NEW PR (INTL) -> NO (Both are facing deportation)
This has been the case since the beginning. It is the airline's mistake.

PRs under non-family sponsorship have been told not to travel since the start - only those with coprs issued before March 18.

I repeat - this is not relevant for spousal and dependent child sponsorship.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
This has been the case since the beginning. It is the airline's mistake.

PRs under non-family sponsorship have been told not to travel since the start - only those with coprs issued before March 18.

I repeat - this is not relevant for spousal and dependent child sponsorship.
yes but seems like a lot of airlines do those mistakes... ppl have to be vigilant on their own more than ever so i guess a lil reminder is actually welcomed.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes but seems like a lot of airlines do those mistakes... ppl have to be vigilant on their own more than ever so i guess a lil reminder is actually welcomed.
Yes, that's a fair point. But again it doesn't apply to most cases in this forum.

(Note that for other types of immigration - like one qualifying and including spouse - it's not considered a form of sponsorship)

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
That's good to know that they have not forgotten old files
Ha... only after asking my MP. Asked them for an update but no response. Asked them again a month later and then we got an update. Got my mp update on Feb 25 and passed eligibility on Feb 25.

Peekapoo

Star Member
Dec 10, 2020
Ha... only after asking my MP. Asked them for an update but no response. Asked them again a month later and then we got an update. Got my mp update on Feb 25 and passed eligibility on Feb 25.
U r lucky that you got a helpful mp.. good luck

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
U r lucky that you got a helpful mp.. good luck
Thanks, they were semi helpful. I tried to contact the MP just a few minutes from me, and they connected me with a visa officer too bad though, they realized I wasn't in their jurisdiction!!