+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
My medical will expire this june 28 . I am the applicant from the philippines. Until now no update . I email manila visa office they focused on providing emergency consular assistance to Canadians and Permanent Residents trying to leave the Philippines. We are also constrained by the quarantine measures, which means only a skeleton staff is able to process critical files. Once the quarantine measures are lifted, we will resume processing applications based on the priorities established by the Government of Canada. I am losing hope its a long process. I dont know why its taking them so long to process my application. My application is already 100% last Feb.2020.Plus here comes the never ending lockdown in my country. I dont wanna lose hope, but I am starting to lose it . :)

Nheng

Jul 14, 2019
GMA Cavite
My medical will expire this june 28 . I am the applicant from the philippines. Until now no update . I email manila visa office they focused on providing emergency consular assistance to Canadians and Permanent Residents trying to leave the Philippines. We are also constrained by the quarantine measures, which means only a skeleton staff is able to process critical files. Once the quarantine measures are lifted, we will resume processing applications based on the priorities established by the Government of Canada. I am losing hope its a long process. I dont know why its taking them so long to process my application. My application is already 100% last Feb.2020.Plus here comes the never ending lockdown in my country. I dont wanna lose hope, but I am starting to lose it . :)
Same here! My medical already expired last april 2, 2020..they asked some additional info (proof of cohabitaion) and they received it already...but still no updates...

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
Same here! My medical already expired last april 2, 2020..they asked some additional info (proof of cohabitaion) and they received it already...but still no updates...
What is proof of cohabitation? Its good that they did not ask u for a new medical exam. Are you the sponsor?

Nheng

Jul 14, 2019
GMA Cavite
What is proof of cohabitation? Its good that they did not ask u for a new medical exam. Are you the sponsor?
Proof that we really lived together for atleast one year...we applied for common law partner..i am the applicant from philippines too and my papers was on london visa office..they asked that last feb 2020 when my medical still valid thats why they did not ask do a new one but surely they will request it again soon...

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
Proof that we really lived together for atleast one year...we applied for common law partner..i am the applicant from philippines too and my papers was on london visa office..they asked that last feb 2020 when my medical still valid thats why they did not ask do a new one but surely they will request it again soon...
It shows that they are working on april. I wonder why it takes so long for them to review our papers . Is it passed a year already that your paper is in process?

Nheng

Jul 14, 2019
GMA Cavite
It shows that they are working on april. I wonder why it takes so long for them to review our papers . Is it passed a year already that your paper is in process?
Yes..they received my application last feb 2019.. so its more than a year..but since we are not married here in the philippines they asked some proof that we stayed together for one year but we had one son and he is already in canada too.. so sad that im alone here...

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
Yes..they received my application last feb 2019.. so its more than a year..but since we are not married here in the philippines they asked some proof that we stayed together for one year but we had one son and he is already in canada too.. so sad that im alone here...
Your right it is really sad espicially at times like this. And the philippines has no plan of opening the country . I do hope this year we can be together with our loved ones.

daisy2019

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
somebody here mentioned about writing an email to the local MP? I am not sure who did and I went back looking for the message, but could not find it. Any insights on this would be much appreciated. thank you :)

Shleeka

Feb 13, 2019
somebody here mentioned about writing an email to the local MP? I am not sure who did and I went back looking for the message, but could not find it. Any insights on this would be much appreciated. thank you :)
I alreay emailed them and they only respond with generic information. Sadly the visa office in my country are closed. What about you?

Reactions: daisy2019

TT6

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, has anyone who applied in Feb 2019 still waiting for a final decision? Has anyone received any recent updates from their VO?

Reactions: daisy2019