+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Fadiaa

Nov 29, 2019
I think it depends from person to person. Mine was approved back in APR 2019 .. I haven't heard anything since :(. They did ask for police report AGAIN and some additional docs (pics) mainly proof of cohabitation
Oh man thats a long wait, hopefully you hear something soon

Reactions: daisy2019

ArafZemheri

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone!

Hope that everything is going smoothly! Apologies in advance for the long post.

I wanted to share my landing experience if it may help anyone. You can check my previous post to see my timeline to the PR approval.

I landed on the Toronto Pearson Int. Airport early February. My final destination was Vancouver. Hence, I gave nearly 5 hours between the flights to be safe in the case of a long queue.

I filled the declaration form given during the flight, and when I first encountered the regular immigration officer I told them that I was there to finalise my PR application. They put a large mark with highlighter on my declaration form and told me to proceed. Another agent after immigration directed me to an office, which is just behind the regular immigration.

I just queued to the only visible line, where there were more than 10 people and was moving very slowly. There was another person, who was also a new PR, from my flight queued behind me as well. So we were on the queue nearly 30-45 mins when, somehow, the security asked whether there was any new PR. It turned out there was another line specifically for the new PRs (so notify the security that you are a new PR to be directed to the appropriate queue). They directed the new PRs to other line, where there was only one person in front of me.

I just waited 10 mins in this new queue before I was called by an immigration officer. I gave my documents, and they asked the standard questions on the COPR letter only. The most important question was where I would like them to send my PR card, for which it was already the address in my COPR letter. They wrote the address once again on my COPR (you should follow with them while writing to be sure it is absolutely correct) and made me signed the both copies of the COPR letter. They took the copy with photo for themselves, and returned the other copy to me.

Up-to now, it was quite standard. Here is my personal suggestion. After I finished the landing procedure, I was considering whether I should apply for Social Insurance Number (SIN), which everyone needs to be able to work by the way, at the spot, which was just the next desk in the immigration office or just do it when I arrive to Vancouver. I was quite tired and just wanted to grab a coffee. However, I just decided to do it. I filled a short form, and presented my passport and the signed copy of the COPR letter to the Canadian Service Desk. They start filling my information, but the system did not accept. The clerk asked me which immigration officer processed my documents, and I just pointed out. She just went over and told that I was not on the system. It turned out they forgot to check a box, or something. They just solved the issue and I got my SIN. So the important tip: Apply for a SIN on the spot to be sure that your papers were processed correctly.

Ignoring the wasted time on the wrong queue, the whole procedure was less than 1 hour.

(I had nothing to declare, so I proceeded to the exit; however, there is a form (BSF186) you should fill before traveling and present it to the custom officer before the exit.)

I checked the processing time for the first PR card, and it showed 14 days, which I was surprised, since it was nearly 50 days when I checked around December, and, generally, people say it takes aroung 45 days. I though it was a mistake on the webpage. It turned out it was quite accurate. My PR card application (which I linked to my CIC account) approved and mailed in 14 days, and my PR card arrived to Vancouver three days after that.

I wish everyone good luck in their journey!

Last edited:

Anthonymarshall

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
TURKEY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
27-06-2019
Doc's Request.
18-07-2019
AOR Received.
14/09/2019
File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Hi everyone!

Hope that everything is going smoothly! Apologies in advance for the long post.

I wanted to share my landing experience if it may help anyone. You can check my previous post to see my timeline to the PR approval.

I landed on the Toronto Pearson Int. Airport early February. My final destination was Vancouver. Hence, I gave nearly 5 hours between the flights to be safe in the case of a long queue.

I filled the declaration form given during the flight, and when I first encountered the regular immigration officer I told them that I was there to finalise my PR application. They put a large mark with highlighter on my declaration form and told me to proceed. Another agent after immigration directed me to an office, which is just behind the regular immigration.

I just queued to the only visible line, where there were more than 10 people and was moving very slowly. There was another person, who was also a new PR, from my flight queued behind me as well. So we were on the queue nearly 30-45 mins when, somehow, the security asked whether there was any new PR. It turned out there was another line specifically for the new PRs (so notify the security that you are a new PR to be directed to the appropriate queue). They directed the new PRs to other line, where there was only one person in front of me.

I just waited 10 mins in this new queue before I was called by an immigration officer. I gave my documents, and they asked the standard questions on the COPR letter only. The most important question was where I would like them to send my PR card, for which it was already the address in my COPR letter. They write the address once again on my COPR (you should follow with them while writing to be sure it is absolutely correct) and made me signed the both copies of the COPR letter. They took the copy with photo for themselves, and returned the other copy to me.

Up-to now, it was quite standard. Here is my personal suggestion. After I finished the landing procedure, I was considering whether I should apply for Social Insurance Number (SIN), which everyone needs to be able to work by the way, at the spot, which was just the next desk in the immigration office or just do it when I arrive to Vancouver. I was quite tired and just wanted to grab a coffee. However, I just decided to do it. I filled a short form, and presented my passport and the signed copy of the COPR letter to the Canadian Service Desk. They start filling my information, but the system did not accept. The clerk asked me which immigration officer processed my documents, and I just pointed out. She just went over and told that I was not on the system. It turned out they forgot to check a box, or something. They just solved the issue and I got my SIN. So the important tip: Apply for a SIN on the spot to be sure that your papers were processed correctly.

Ignoring the wasted time on the wrong queue, the whole procedure was less than 1 hour.

(I had nothing to declare, so I proceeded to the exit; however, there is a form (BSF186) you should fill before traveling and present it to the custom officer before the exit.)

I checked the processing time for the first PR card, and it showed 14 days, which I was surprised, since it was nearly 50 days when I checked around December, and, generally, people say it takes aroung 45 days. I though it was a mistake on the webpage. It turned out it was quite accurate. My PR card application (which I linked to my CIC account) approved and mailed in 14 days, and my PR card arrived to Vancouver three days after that.

I wish everyone good luck in their journey!
Thank you so much for your information. I appreciate your time and I do believe it gonna help many guys who are nearly having landing procedures.

Reactions: ArafZemheri

messco2020

Nov 12, 2019
the letter you got is the tranfer to VO (in your case London)

Is Quebec is your final destination ?

if not... dont't bother with the October's date they are misleading to you hehe :) it's like a 2nd "PR" status needed for Quebec
Hi patvicto
In my case Quebec is my final destination.How do I know which batch I will be in?Application was received February 1st ,2019

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hi patvicto
In my case Quebec is my final destination.How do I know which batch I will be in?Application was received February 1st ,2019
The date Is when they received your app at MIDI for CSQ. For now they are processing the ones up to (received) October 22th 2019.

messco2020

Nov 12, 2019
The date Is when they received your app at MIDI for CSQ. For now they are processing the ones up to (received) October 22th 2019.
I have 5 months behind if I received the request this month then..That will add up to my 13 months I was sitting and counting stars in the sky? That’s ridiculous..

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I have 5 months behind if I received the request this month then..That will add up to my 13 months I was sitting and counting stars in the sky? That’s ridiculous..
My File started at IRCC on Feb2019 , Been sent to Mexico VO October 25th 2019 and got the request for applying for CSQ (Quebec received my app on October 31th 2019) ...and AOR2 Mexico on Feb14th 2020 this year asking for CSQ to complete the file. And i'm still waiting my turrn for Quebec.. which is soon finally. i'm soon at the month number 13.

messco2020

Nov 12, 2019
My File started at IRCC on Feb2019 , Been sent to Mexico VO October 25th 2019 and got the request for applying for CSQ (Quebec received my app on October 31th 2019) ...and AOR2 Mexico on Feb14th 2020 this year asking for CSQ to complete the file. And i'm still waiting my turrn for Quebec.. which is soon finally. i'm soon at the month number 13.
I see.At least you have received the request to apply for CSQ already.I have not till date..knowing I will be put at the end of the line which is 5 months as slower as tortoise makes me sick.Hope things speed up soon

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I see.At least you have received the request to apply for CSQ already.I have not till date..knowing I will be put at the end of the line which is 5 months as slower as tortoise makes me sick.Hope things speed up soon

when IRCC received your app ?? oh got it Feb1st 2019...
Which steps are done in your case ??

Biometrics
Medical
SA
DM
??
Transfer to VO ?

Have you asked for ATIP notes ?

Last edited:

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Application received:Feb 1st,2019
Biometrics:April 26th,2019
Interview queue til now..
ohh interview ! Well is normal that you aren't to receive CSQ request, this part need to be cleared before. At least for the sponsor itself.

So no , SA / DM on sponsor side after 13 months?

i would def ask them what's going on....or Getting the notes

Last edited:

messco2020

Nov 12, 2019
ohh interview ! Well is normal that you aren't to receive CSQ request, this part need to be cleared before. At least for the sponsor itself.

So no , SA / DM on sponsor side after 13 months?

i would def ask them what's going on....or Getting the notes
-Yes I ordered the note.
-Sponsor should be okayed ,because the file was transferred to AVO
-Couldn’t link my paper application to the online one when trying to create a gckey account>>paid representative need to be removed first...I’m thinking about doing just that as well,because that representative is not at any help at this point