+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Adeena

May 11, 2019
This is really frustrating.. Any idea for how long LVO will remain backloged?
I don't want my file to be transferred to LVO. They are taking more than estimated time to process applications nowadays. But unfortunately it's not in our hands

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I don't want my file to be transferred to LVO. They are taking more than estimated time to process applications nowadays. But unfortunately it's not in our hands
Is crazy ha ? I'm in the same kind of situation with Mexico still not yet transferred. i've asked for ATIP to see where things are at , cause by calling they won't say any detail unless something visible is not working with your application as in... agent have put a level 1 note as in Big warning. They usually don't, so the only way is to get those notes... sad that it's not more transparent , and even more when you are in the representative / sponsor role. They should get you those info as in.. where your file stand in progress and all, but most likely they gonna say..."They gonna transfer it soon in the next weeks, all is fine i don't see any issue with that app , is complete , don't worry on it" Which means : nothing... Is just a pre-written statement.

Last edited:

Adeena

May 11, 2019
Is crazy ha ? I'm in the same kind of situation with Mexico still not yet transferred. i've asked for ATIP to see where things are at , cause by calling they won't say any detail unless something visible is not working with your application as in... agetn have put a level 1 note as in Big warning. They usually don't, so the only way is to get those notes... sad that it's not more transparent , and even more when you are in the representative / sponsor role. They should get you those info as in.. where your file stand in progress and all, but most likely they gonna say..."They gonna transfer it soon in the next weeks, all is fine i don't see any issue with that app , is complete , don't worry on it" Which means : nothing... Is just a pre-written statement.
Have you ordered your notes? I want to order them but it's i think way to early for the notes to be ordered as it's a 12 months process and it's just our 5th month started.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Have you ordered your notes? I want to order them but it's i think way to early for the notes to be ordered as it's a 12 months process and it's just our 5th month started.
Well 5 months ... they shall have started evaluating the PA still !

I did for 5$ you don't loose much lol

They are supposed to add notes from start , i wanna see why is that long for having a transfer when all requirements are done since a while ago...

LaibaAyub

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019

They are supposed to add notes from start , i wanna see why is that long for having a transfer when all requirements are done since a while ago...
I guess the only reason for no file transfer is that LVO is backlogged..

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I guess the only reason for no file transfer is that LVO is backlogged..
In my case is not LVO is Mexico .... maybe the same reason tho, but WHY can't they tell on phone ? We shall have those infos as representative, would be sooo much easier....

Adeena

May 11, 2019

Do share here what your notes says when you receive them.im gonna apply them soon

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Do share here what your notes says when you receive them.im gonna apply them soon
Yes well it's gonna take up to a month so... might get transferred in between lol but anyway :p

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Yeah that's what i think too:D
Well at least if it's longer... since it's requested gonna have this tool to understand better what's happening and where the app is at (stage)

bruceg

Dec 27, 2018
Congratulations to everyone whose application is moving along! I love that there's all these steps that have 30 day turnarounds, but the only places that you can do them (biometrics, medical) have at least a 2-3 week wait for an appointment. Oh well. More time to get the house ready.

Reactions: Jessieroberts12

jc123

Jun 25, 2019
Looking for advice... my Australian partner (who is the PA) and myself (Canadian citizen) applied outland in February and are currently living in Australia. We are both moving to Canada at the end of August as I start a new job there in September. My partner has provided all the additional documentation already, including biometrics, police checks, and medical, so theoretically I am now just in the "waiting" period until I get my PPR.

My partner has a valid eTA that will allow him to travel with me to Canada in August, but our application is currently being processed in the Sydney (Australia) Visa Office. I'm crossing my fingers I get the PPR and everything done before we leave, but of course this is not a guarantee. Does anyone know what the protocol is here in terms of what happens with your application if you move while it is being processed? I know I of course have to update them on my address, but given our application is in Sydney, if we don't get a PPR before we leave then will we have to mail it back to Sydney? Or will they transfer our application again?

Also, are there any issues with him entering Canada on at eTA despite not having a return ticket home? Would it be safer to apply for the temporary work permit so that he can remain in Canada until it's processed? I am trying to avoid having to pay for the work permit given the application will be approved by the time he starts working anyways....

jc123

Jun 25, 2019
Looking for advice... my Australian partner (who is the PA) and myself (Canadian citizen) applied outland in February and are currently living in Australia. We are both moving to Canada at the end of August as I start a new job there in September. My partner has provided all the additional documentation already, including biometrics, police checks, and medical, so theoretically I am now just in the "waiting" period until I get my PPR.

My partner has a valid eTA that will allow him to travel with me to Canada in August, but our application is currently being processed in the Sydney (Australia) Visa Office. I'm crossing my fingers I get the PPR and everything done before we leave, but of course this is not a guarantee. Does anyone know what the protocol is here in terms of what happens with your application if you move while it is being processed? I know I of course have to update them on my address, but given our application is in Sydney, if we don't get a PPR before we leave then will we have to mail it back to Sydney? Or will they transfer our application again?

Also, are there any issues with him entering Canada on at eTA despite not having a return ticket home? Would it be safer to apply for the temporary work permit so that he can remain in Canada until it's processed? I am trying to avoid having to pay for the work permit given the application will be approved by the time he starts working anyways....
Our timeline (for reference)....

Sponsor: Canadian citizen
PA: Dual Australian and Italian citizen
OUTLAND: Living in Sydney, Australia

For sponsor...
Application Received
: February 13
Started processing: March 21
AOR: March 22
DM (sponsor approved): March 27

For applicant...
Application Received
: February 13
Medical Request: March 28
Medical Passed: April 10
Additional Docs Requested (#1): April 12 (Police certificates from Australia and NZ)
File transferred: April 18 (Sydney, Australia VO)
Started processing: May 2
Additional docs Requested (#2): May 12 (Queensland traffic history report - part of the police certificate that we were missing)
AOR: May 13 (from Canadian office)
Additional Docs Provided (#1): May 19
Additional Docs Received (#1): May 27
Biometrics Request: May 28
Biometrics Given: June 6
Biometrics Passed: June 6
Additional Docs Provided (#2): June 24

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14

What you are looking is called dual intention the issue is if he enters without PR he's considered temporary entry(such as visitor.. and so on) so... when he gets the PR would have to go back to australia And then returning to enter Canada as permanent resident ( soft landing) . Thats all i know about .

Last edited:

jc123

Jun 25, 2019
What you are looking is called dual intention the issue is if he enters without PR he's considered temporary entry(such as visitor.. and so on) so... when he gets the PR would have to go back to australia And then returning to enter Canada as permanent resident ( soft landing) . Thats all i know about .
Could we just drive to the US/Canada border and then turn around and drive back in order for him to leave and re-enter?