2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
They asked us for;
Statuary declaration of common-law
To pay the RPRF
Send off old rental agreement (we moved recently so ours was more new).

I uploaded them on March 28th but since then they haven’t been reviewed, but I’ve heard that they review these once they transfer our file!

I’m not too sure but I know it’s to do with work load too. Our local VO is London, so if they don’t send to Mississauga, they will of course send to London. Reason why I think we’re heading there is that we haven’t been transferred yet. Usually they send to Mississauga fairly quickly.
Or it could be that our BGC is taking a while (I was living in Canada for 2.5 years before coming back here), so they’ll be requesting info from Canada too I’m sure.
Who knows. London has a huge backlog as they process so many other countries, so we will just have to stay patient and keep hopeful. Our day will come eventually :)

Have you thought about going back under dual intent? I’m contemplating it.
Really hoping to be sent to Mississauga on my side too , cause Mexico VO is total crap heard tons of horrors stories there...

Reactions: Jessieroberts12

Chloe10

Jun 10, 2019
AOR Received.
28/03/2019
Med's Request
28/03/2019
Med's Done....
10/04/2019
They asked us for;
Statuary declaration of common-law
To pay the RPRF
Send off old rental agreement (we moved recently so ours was more new).

I uploaded them on March 28th but since then they haven’t been reviewed, but I’ve heard that they review these once they transfer our file!

I’m not too sure but I know it’s to do with work load too. Our local VO is London, so if they don’t send to Mississauga, they will of course send to London. Reason why I think we’re heading there is that we haven’t been transferred yet. Usually they send to Mississauga fairly quickly.
Or it could be that our BGC is taking a while (I was living in Canada for 2.5 years before coming back here), so they’ll be requesting info from Canada too I’m sure.
Who knows. London has a huge backlog as they process so many other countries, so we will just have to stay patient and keep hopeful. Our day will come eventually :)

Have you thought about going back under dual intent? I’m contemplating it.
Our case is fairly similar then, as I was in Canada for 3 years also. Fingers crossed that we don't get London.

I have thought about dual intent and the longer time goes on I am contemplating it more. But to be honest I don't really know much about it and what the chances would be of being refused at the border. Can you shed some light on it? and the process?

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Our case is fairly similar then, as I was in Canada for 3 years also. Fingers crossed that we don't get London.

I have thought about dual intent and the longer time goes on I am contemplating it more. But to be honest I don't really know much about it and what the chances would be of being refused at the border. Can you shed some light on it? and the process?
Is your partner with you in the UK?

I’ve decided that if it’s gets to August with no movement or a file transfer to London, then I’ll go back under dual intent.

Dual intent is for people from visa exempt countries (England). It’s where you land and explain to the CBSA that you are here for dual intent (you have a PR process in the works but you want to stay temporary). It’s legit, and there’s more info on it on the canada.ca website. @JoshC did this and was fine. All you have to do is show them some proof of your ties to home (return flight is a must, jobs, phone provider, mortgage etc) so they are convinced that if you were to be refused PR then you’d leave. You also need to show them proof that you’re in the PR process (SA email, receipts etc).

As I said, it’s still early days in my eyes but if I get to August and we’ve been transferred to London, or there’s still no movement, then I’m going to head back and wait there.
I’m feeling positive though that we will have news in the next couple months of a file transfer :)

Chloe10

Jun 10, 2019
AOR Received.
28/03/2019
Med's Request
28/03/2019
Med's Done....
10/04/2019
Is your partner with you in the UK?

I’ve decided that if it’s gets to August with no movement or a file transfer to London, then I’ll go back under dual intent.

Dual intent is for people from visa exempt countries (England). It’s where you land and explain to the CBSA that you are here for dual intent (you have a PR process in the works but you want to stay temporary). It’s legit, and there’s more info on it on the canada.ca website. @JoshC did this and was fine. All you have to do is show them some proof of your ties to home (return flight is a must, jobs, phone provider, mortgage etc) so they are convinced that if you were to be refused PR then you’d leave. You also need to show them proof that you’re in the PR process (SA email, receipts etc).

As I said, it’s still early days in my eyes but if I get to August and we’ve been transferred to London, or there’s still no movement, then I’m going to head back and wait there.
I’m feeling positive though that we will have news in the next couple months of a file transfer :)

Oh okay, thanks for that! Yes my partner is here in the UK, his visa expires in 2020 but I am hoping this whole process is hopefully finished by then. Good to hear other people have had successes with dual intent. Good luck with your application!

Reactions: Jessieroberts12

mofawzan_123

Mar 13, 2019
Hi, My wife has applied for spouse sponsorship. The federal government has made a decision and the Quebec (Provincial) government has accepted as well. I was requested to provide biometrics at a early stage.

All our documents have been submitted and accepted. Today I received the Quebec selection. Next step will be the medical test. After I take the medical test, how long will they take to provide visa? (Note: Biometrics has already been completed)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi, My wife has applied for spouse sponsorship. The federal government has made a decision and the Quebec (Provincial) government has accepted as well. I was requested to provide biometrics at a early stage.

All our documents have been submitted and accepted. Today I received the Quebec selection. Next step will be the medical test. After I take the medical test, how long will they take to provide visa? (Note: Biometrics has already been completed)
Have to get your file transferred, pass your eligibility (you can be asked for additional documents here), clear your background checks so the length of time the process will take to get a visa depends on your case and the visa office processing your file.

joshpray

Apr 22, 2017
Hello everyone,
My application received on Feb14-2109,
Medical passed on 24 April -2019 , Biometric completed on 16 April-2019. Then after there is no update in process. Is there anyone like me , I have applied GCMS notes on 26 May-2019

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello everyone,
Medical passed on 24 April -2019 , Biometric completed on 16 April-2019. Then after there is no update in process. Is there anyone like me , I have applied GCMS notes on 26 May-2019
We are a good number....

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
PA country- India
There are a lot of us that are waiting for any movement. There’s a small percentage of people who fly through this process within 3-4 months, and the rest of us are hoping to get within 12 months.
It’s a anxious time for us all and I know how defeating it feels when we see others so ahead, but our time will come!! We have to remain positive and trust the process. It’s a huge privilege to be able to get PR in Canada, so let’s just let CIC do what they need to do to give us the “permission” for life in Canada forever.
Let us know what you get back regarding your notes but otherwise, keep thinking positive :)

We too will join the others who have got COPR already one day!

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
Hello everyone,
Yeah we are in the same boat. Blah.

Reactions: Rajesh27

Rajesh27

Feb 14, 2019
India
AOR Received.
23-03-2019
Med's Request
29-03-2019
Med's Done....
15-04-2019
Hi,
Is it required to stay continues for a period of 24 months in 5 years in Canada to renew canadain PR or one can complete 24 months in parts.

It's just that one of my friend ask me this question and I am queries to know about.

Regarding to my application, no movement, background check in progress after Biometric and medicals.

Isha007

Apr 17, 2017
Hi,
Is it required to stay continues for a period of 24 months in 5 years in Canada to renew canadain PR or one can complete 24 months in parts.

It's just that one of my friend ask me this question and I am queries to know about.

Regarding to my application, no movement, background check in progress after Biometric and medicals.
Can be completed in parts.

Ephy610

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
I just saw a message in GCkey that they require additional documents to continue process my application and will send a message later with the details.
Question for those who had to submit additional documents.
1. How long after seeing this update did they send you the message for additional documents?
2. They they send message in GCkey or by email thanks