+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
there's no negativity , we just wondering why some got copr and some others not mostly Indians got it faster , but he jumped into the conclusion that we are jealous . i'm not jealous at all , just asking why we are all not treated the same ? simply why straight forward application would take up to 12 month to process while other take like 3 to 4 months to process ? anything special actually about transferring it to VO or process it within Canada ? we have the right to ask and try to understand that's all ( as i said mostly if straight forward application ) i can understand if it is a complicated application yes there will be lots of delay . so i don't think processing the file within Canada or transfer to VO is based on ( easy or difficult ) . once again we are here for sharing experience and opinions and we all have the right to try to understand maybe we can get to know what is the real reason behind it . thank you all
Totally get the reasoning but Permanent Residency is not an open process that shows every step IRCC takes in making decisions. Its not yourself that needs to consider the application as straight forward but the officers working on your file. They too work on certain set guidelines to determine a straight forward case and if any file falls out of that, it needs to processed as per normal timelines. I feel the whole processing in Canada for straight forward cases is not special treatment but just a way for IRCC to streamline the process so that they are not overloaded every place and do not have super long processing times like other countries. The question ‘why’ is very subjective and can change from officer to officer which is why even though we have the right to know, we may never get the exact criteria. If you want to read more about the programme that is installed for applications going to Mississauga, I have dropped a link below. It does not answer why but gives you a brief idea on what the programme is all about. Good Luck with your application.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/#post-6426449

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hi Guys,

I have a few queries remaining before the final submission for the Checklist IMM5533-
Can you please help clarify if we should we checking the main checkbox on the left for the below questions.
Thanks a lot in advance.

A. We want to answer “Not applicable” Should I also check the main checkbox (next to pointer 12)?

12- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual

Not applicable

I want to authorize

B. We want to answer “No” Should I also check the main checkbox (next to pointer 2)?

2. Are you (the sponsor) a Canadian citizen living outside Canada?

No

Yes

C. We want to answer neither applies to us. Should I also check the main checkbox on left?

If listed in the country specific requirements for your country (or countries) of citizenship or residence.

Copies of national identity

Copy of family booklet

Neither of the above applies to me
Check the Not Applicable box and Main Box for 12

For Are you living outside Canada question check NO and Main Box

If listed in the country specific requirements for your country (or countries) of citizenship or residence.

Check Neither of the above applies to me only.
No need to check the box next to ‘If listed in the country specific requirements for your country (or countries) of citizenship or residence’
But check the main box next to ‘Identity Documents, Travel Documents and Passports.’

Marcy1

Oct 28, 2018
Totally get the reasoning but Permanent Residency is not an open process that shows every step IRCC takes in making decisions. Its not yourself that needs to consider the application as straight forward but the officers working on your file. They too work on certain set guidelines to determine a straight forward case and if any file falls out of that, it needs to processed as per normal timelines. I feel the whole processing in Canada for straight forward cases is not special treatment but just a way for IRCC to streamline the process so that they are not overloaded every place and do not have super long processing times like other countries. The question ‘why’ is very subjective and can change from officer to officer which is why even though we have the right to know, we may never get the exact criteria. If you want to read more about the programme that is installed for applications going to Mississauga, I have dropped a link below. It does not answer why but gives you a brief idea on what the programme is all about. Good Luck with your application.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob570-stream.513446/#post-6426449
I don't know about that answer I have a lot of south Asian at my work and talking to them they too got their pr within 3 to four months. I also read that there time line is less than 12 months

TIL

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Visa Office......
London, UK
Thinking I should take up knitting.... hard to wait while nothing on the site changes... they requested additional documentation in April and it's been supplied (and received - got an email to that effect), and Medical is now 3 weeks since it was sent and no updates on ECAS. Oh well... how many toques can I knit while I wait, I wonder? Good luck to all of us and stay patient...
Haha, I'm passing the time with gardening. By the time my husband arrives my garlic would be ready - Hopefully!!!! :p

Isha007

Apr 17, 2017
Check the Not Applicable box and Main Box for 12

For Are you living outside Canada question check NO and Main Box

Check Neither of the above applies to me only.
No need to check the box next to ‘If listed in the country specific requirements for your country (or countries) of citizenship or residence’
But check the main box next to ‘Identity Documents, Travel Documents and Passports.’
Thank you very much Krissh. You made my day :)

Realone01

Nov 28, 2017
Hi everyone, below is my TL

Sent: Feb 23, 2019
Received: Feb 28, 2019
AOR1: April 02, 2019
Biometrics Request: April 07, 2019
Sponsor Approval: April 09, 2019
File Transferred (Accra VO): April 15, 2019
AOR2: they didn't send but Ecas shows they started the processing the app on May 3, 2019
Pre-arrival mail: May 24, 2019
Medical Request: June 04, 2019
PPR: June 04, 2019

Chloe10

Jun 10, 2019
AOR Received.
28/03/2019
Med's Request
28/03/2019
Med's Done....
10/04/2019
Hi

I am new to this thread but I thought I would share my timeline. We are using a representative so I am unsure whether our application has been moved to visa office or not.

PA:British Common Law
App Received: 22nd Feb 2019
AOR1: 28th March 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 11th April 2019
Medical Passed: 20th April 2019
(Have been informed we do not need an interview or any additional documents at this time)

I wondered if any other applicants from the UK have anything similar to mine.

Thanks

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Hi

I am new to this thread but I thought I would share my timeline. We are using a representative so I am unsure whether our application has been moved to visa office or not.

PA:British Common Law
App Received: 22nd Feb 2019
AOR1: 28th March 2019
Biometrics enrolled: 11th April 2019
Medical Passed: 20th April 2019
(Have been informed we do not need an interview or any additional documents at this time)

I wondered if any other applicants from the UK have anything similar to mine.

Thanks
Hi! I’m British Common-Law too.
We still have not been transferred yet.
Application received Feb 11th
AOR: March 21st
Additional documents: March 27th
Biometric fee: April 9th
Biometric request: May 16th
Biometrics: May 28th

And the wait continues :)
Happy to see other Brits, we can share our journeys.

I have a feeling that we will be going to London Visa Office which is very slow, but let’s stay positive!

Chloe10

Jun 10, 2019
AOR Received.
28/03/2019
Med's Request
28/03/2019
Med's Done....
10/04/2019
Hi! I’m British Common-Law too.
We still have not been transferred yet.
Application received Feb 11th
AOR: March 21st
Additional documents: March 27th
Biometric fee: April 9th
Biometric request: May 16th
Biometrics: May 28th

And the wait continues :)
Happy to see other Brits, we can share our journeys.

I have a feeling that we will be going to London Visa Office which is very slow, but let’s stay positive!
Oh that is encouraging to see your timeline is quite similar! If you don't mind me asking, what additional documents did you have to submit? Also, is there anything that determines whether you do go to the London Visa Office or is it pretty much random?

Jessieroberts12

Dec 9, 2018
Oh that is encouraging to see your timeline is quite similar! If you don't mind me asking, what additional documents did you have to submit? Also, is there anything that determines whether you do go to the London Visa Office or is it pretty much random?

They asked us for;
Statuary declaration of common-law
To pay the RPRF
Send off old rental agreement (we moved recently so ours was more new).

I uploaded them on March 28th but since then they haven’t been reviewed, but I’ve heard that they review these once they transfer our file!

I’m not too sure but I know it’s to do with work load too. Our local VO is London, so if they don’t send to Mississauga, they will of course send to London. Reason why I think we’re heading there is that we haven’t been transferred yet. Usually they send to Mississauga fairly quickly.
Or it could be that our BGC is taking a while (I was living in Canada for 2.5 years before coming back here), so they’ll be requesting info from Canada too I’m sure.
Who knows. London has a huge backlog as they process so many other countries, so we will just have to stay patient and keep hopeful. Our day will come eventually :)

Have you thought about going back under dual intent? I’m contemplating it.