+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jnt2017

Apr 26, 2017
Hi there!

I'm hoping that someone in here can help me out.

The Applicant is my Mother and the Sponsor is my Father, and they've made me their designated representative. I filled out all the forms for them and put the package together as I had successfully applied to sponsor my own husband using the inland process. Based on the tracking info for the package, it was received by CIC on February 12 at the Nova Scotia address. To date none of us have gotten an email with the AOR, and I'm unable to link the Application online. It also hasn't been returned to me via mail. Based on what I've read on here and after looking at the spreadsheet, it seems I should've gotten something by now! Either the return of the package or the AOR, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I tried to call CIC this morning but needed an Application number to speak to an actual human being.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this!

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi there!

I'm hoping that someone in here can help me out.

The Applicant is my Mother and the Sponsor is my Father, and they've made me their designated representative. I filled out all the forms for them and put the package together as I had successfully applied to sponsor my own husband using the inland process. Based on the tracking info for the package, it was received by CIC on February 14 at the Nova Scotia address. To date none of us have gotten an email with the AOR, and I'm unable to link the Application online. It also hasn't been returned to me via mail. Based on what I've read on here and after looking at the spreadsheet, it seems I should've gotten something by now! Either the return of the package or the AOR, so I'm at a bit of a loss. I tried to call CIC this morning but needed an Application number to speak to an actual human being.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this!

Thanks a lot.
Best to give them a call, sometimes tbey tell you if something is wrong

mkharoon1

Jan 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

My wife completed her medicals last week and GIC shows that the medicals have passed. What would be the next step?

I have not yet received any email about file being transferred to VO. How many days does it take for that to happen? Thanks.

yemenia

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Hi yemenia, so sorry about the returned application. Can i just ask when they did mail it out if they had a date stamped on the envelope or the letter? You should be fine. Some applications in january takes only 3 months to process the whole thing. Hopefully your's gets the same treatment next time!
yeah the date was 27 March . Hope so now things go right :)

vaudsama

Feb 23, 2019
Hey we also have same issue. My hubby gave his medical n biometrics aftr we got email on 1st april. His medicals is showing as passed n for biometrics its showing not requested but there is a date on which he did biometrics n it shows an expiry date too but not in status. He gave his biometrics in abudhabi. Where did u submit?
Very sorry for the late reply! We have ours in London, UK. I'm comforted to know that we aren't the only ones! It sounds like it isn't something to worry about it it seems?

yemenia

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Same here, app returned and rejected. I made the same signature mistake, but I made two more mistakes. I am not sure about our re-application, too many questions and insecurity. Very afraid I will only make more mistakes.

You need to use updated forms when re-applying, good luck!!
yeah we also got mistake about sponsor eligibility but they didn't saw it maybe cuz of the missing signature but now we have corrected that and i signed everything hope it goes well for us and u too . what mistakes you have missed?
and yup we used updated forms :)

Toping

Feb 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

My wife completed her medicals last week and GIC shows that the medicals have passed. What would be the next step?

I have not yet received any email about file being transferred to VO. How many days does it take for that to happen? Thanks.
Same with my wife she finished her medical and no email after that..

Reactions: jaygill

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Biometric given this pm , one more step done.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaygill

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

February 13 applicant, recieved medical request on March 5th.

Does this mean all my paperwork was completed correctly or there is still a chance cic might come back to me for missing signatures etc?

Thank you

Hello, Can you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks,

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Same here, I received MR and BR on March 15 and Medical and BR done and it has been updated in CIC profile but no update after that, nothing on ECAs.
Same we all are in same boat! my file was received on Feb 14th and everything is passed and no transfer to VO yet!
However, some applicant who received an AOR way after my file, still medical isn't passed, got their files transferred. No one can predict CIC steps and what goes in their offices. May be my immigration agent is on vacays! lol

is it possible that file is transferred and we didn't get an e-mail or they started processing file at Sydney?

Last edited:

StayAway

Mar 1, 2019
Same we all are in same boat! my file was received on Feb 14th and everything is passed and no transfer to VO yet!
However, some applicant who received an AOR way after my file, still medical isn't passed, got their files transferred. No one can predict CIC steps and what goes in their offices. May be my immigration agent is on vacays! lol

is it possible that file is transferred and we didn't get an e-mail or they started processing file at Sydney?

If you check on the PA's side on ECAS if you line 2 states.l.. we started processing your application then you know it was transferred.

CHeck your junk mail.. Yes nothing is really consistent. Its frustrating..

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
If you check on the PA's side on ECAS if you line 2 states.l.. we started processing your application then you know it was transferred.

CHeck your junk mail.. Yes nothing is really consistent. Its frustrating..
yeah, there ins't any line under PA's Ecas!
but hopefully soon we'll all be done with this process. December and January applicants are already receiving PPRs and Decisions made.
Thanks for you response tho! we support each other and that what keeps us going.