+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Ephy610

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
App received on Februari 20th, rejected/returned on April 4!

We don't really know where to go from here. It feels not useful being part of a februari group anymore, because we don't need info or help with BIO/SA/MEDICAL/etc..

Are there topics/groups on whatsapp for people who got rejected?

I have a ton of questions (and worries)..

.. If re-applying it specifies that we must use all updated forms and files since February 14th. This means new barcode pages, new signatures and new procedures (police certificate no longer required, but now via a form) etc..

I did most of the paperwork in QC and me and my spouse finalized and sent it together, now I am no longer there, should we mail the new forms via courier to eachother for signatures?

I can't think straight..
I'm so sorry to hear that your application was returned. My application was also returned in February after 2.5 months of waiting. We had missed a country specific Document. They had highlighted it on they document check list. I also downloaded and refilled all the forms. I then Emailed the forms to PA who check them over and we printed only the signature pages that PA needs to sign. PA then signed and the courier back to me, I signed then resubmitted everything. The only things new were the updated forms and the missing document. I did all that within a week.

I know its disappointing, but you can do it. Just ensure you submit whatever was missing and Im sure it will be fine.

Reactions: svilli and schweisy

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Oh I included the one from the checklist. They're asking for an additional police check from her birth country, which was NOT on the checklist or country specific documents.
I've seen this happen to quite a few people around this forum. The wording on that section of the checklist is very misleading (can't remember off the top of my head, but suggests something like you only need PCs from the country you live in currently + any others from the past 6 months). People follow it correctly and still get asked for PCs from countries they haven't lived in for years. Just wanted to reassure you that you followed the instructions correctly and this request is definitely an unexpected and unfair tendency on the part of the IRCC!

Reactions: dmurrman and phaeo

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
App received on Februari 20th, rejected/returned on April 4!

We don't really know where to go from here. It feels not useful being part of a februari group anymore, because we don't need info or help with BIO/SA/MEDICAL/etc..

Are there topics/groups on whatsapp for people who got rejected?

I have a ton of questions (and worries)..

.. If re-applying it specifies that we must use all updated forms and files since February 14th. This means new barcode pages, new signatures and new procedures (police certificate no longer required, but now via a form) etc..

I did most of the paperwork in QC and me and my spouse finalized and sent it together, now I am no longer there, should we mail the new forms via courier to eachother for signatures?

I can't think straight..
Just to be clear, it sounds like you weren't rejected (i.e. had your application denied), it sounds like you simply had it returned for using outdated forms or something. If you go poking around threads or WhatsApp groups where people are getting advice on rejected applications you might start to panic even more, since I would imagine in your case it's something very basic, like just filling out the current forms again.

Did they include a paper highlighting which steps you missed or what was wrong?

And to answer your question, yes, you need to use all the most current forms and associated new procedures, and get new signatures, etc.

Try not to stress too much -- for now this is a disappointing and frustrating setback, but in the long run all will be fine! :)

Reactions: alaria

Toping

Feb 7, 2019
Omg! So at what point do I stop freaking out about the chance of my application coming back to me? Lol
I called cic yesterday and ask about that, costumer service said as long as you got your sponsor approval dont worry about your application coming back its safe..

Reactions: schweisy

ms.reannox

Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.10 2014, Charged Dec 17, 2014
Nomination.....
PER Jan. 16 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 3, 2015 reached Ottawa
File Transfer...
RPRF Mar 9, 2015
Med's Request
Mar 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Mar 16, 2015; Uploaded Mar 23, 2015; 3rd Line: Mar 30, 2015
Passport Req..
May 26, 2015
If that's the case, I want my SA now lol. I'll have to check the post office today then.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Omg! So at what point do I stop freaking out about the chance of my application coming back to me? Lol
I called cic yesterday and ask about that, costumer service said as long as you got your sponsor approval dont worry about your application coming back its safe..
I agree with @Toping . SA should be 100% the sign an application is not coming back. I would say any other request from CIC, like biometrics or medicals would also mean everything is fine with an application. I've never seen the cases an app being returned after BR, MR or SA.

shh

Apr 1, 2019
I agree with @Toping . SA should be 100% the sign an application is not coming back. I would say any other request from CIC, like biometrics or medicals would also mean everything is fine with an application. I've never seen the cases an app being returned after BR, MR or SA.
Thanks! cant wait for the SA!

dmurrman

Dec 5, 2018
I've seen this happen to quite a few people around this forum. The wording on that section of the checklist is very misleading (can't remember off the top of my head, but suggests something like you only need PCs from the country you live in currently + any others from the past 6 months). People follow it correctly and still get asked for PCs from countries they haven't lived in for years. Just wanted to reassure you that you followed the instructions correctly and this request is definitely an unexpected and unfair tendency on the part of the IRCC!
Thank you for this, I was feeling like I made a huge mistake. It's nuts, cuz now we miss a week of work and have to rush out to Romania and get it translated too, I hope it's the only weird request they have! Thanks again for the reassurance!

yemenia

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
thanx for the ones who replied to me before about the relation ship and sponsor approval , its more clear now .

Unfortunately our application was returned on 4 April and it was received on 25 Feb .They said one of the documents we did an electronic signature just typed my name and apparently they wanted a real signature so it was returned and there is new application forms so now i am updating them and will sign then send to my husband then he will sign and apply again :(
so now we will be April applicants hope things go smooth and wish for u all the best

yemenia

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
when i am now updating and validating to sign i read this question again and want to make sure what it means cuz we wrote it NO and it says clearly that if the question is no then the sponsor is not eligible so we want to know more what it means by this question and should we write it as a yes cuz he has pr and he is living in Canada and i'm his wife living in Yemen .

application imm1344e
Sponsor Eligibility Assessment
it says if u answer any questions from 1 to 4 with a No then you are not eligible and the question we want to make sure is question number 3
Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

so should it be a Yes or a No please people who got their sponsor approval answer this cuz i want to validate and sign today so that i can send them back to him.

yemenia

Mar 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
I guess it doesn't matter how long you've been married per the other people who have responded but for what it's worth we are newlyweds but we have been together for almost six years which was made very clear (with lots of proof) in our application.

If your app was received on Feb 25th, as long as all is complete and in order it looks like you should expect something in about 2 weeks since the average time has been 39 days to AOR for outland Feb applicants so far. Good luck! Hope you see it soon. It's nice to at least get that acknowledgement that they have it and are working on it. :)
thnx for you replay :)