Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Biometric request letter today also gosh at that speed 3 months and she's here lol

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
It said this in the email they received for Sponsor Approval or did the sponsor receive two separate emails?

We received SA on March 19th and biometrics and medical complete but no mention yet of it being moved to VO.
Its not mentioned if then PA receive something but yeah it was clearly said sent to VO

Reactions: Lee&Stacey

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I read in a British Expat guide to spouse sponsorship that both the PA and the sponsor should have an account on CIC as they send some things to one person and some things to the other - do you guys have two accounts like this?

We thought only one account was needed so I (the sponsor) have one and so far we've received the biometrics and medical request in there and then I received the AOR and SA in emails.

My husband has been trying to link up his CIC account with the application but, of course, he's exceeded the 5 tries a day for two days now. So frustrating when you're copying the information right from your application so you know it's right and it still keeps saying it's wrong (we've tried the trick with putting 2 people instead of 1 applying). We shall keep trying each day until it links.
I know what you're talking about and I was confused in the same way by the same guide :)
So here's my reply. The information in the British Expat guide is incorrect. You can link an application to only one account. And yes, it can be either sponsor's account or PA's one, it does not matter. You do need to use only PA's info though. Please don't be confused about it. Again, even if you're linking an application to sponsor's account, PA's info must be used.
Basically, the difference is only who will be getting emails about any updates. If a sponsor is more into the process and understands it better, then link it to sponsor's account.
If you did link it to one of them and now want to re-link it to another one, you still can do that. But as soon as an application is linked to a new account, an old one will show a message something like "An application has been linked to another account".

Please don't mix this up with ECAS. There it's a different story. You can use it with both sponsor's and PA's info. If you use sponsor's, you see both applications (yes, for CIC they are two separate applications). If you use PA's info, you'll only be able to see PA's application.

And the last thing. You don't have to have accounts at all. Even if you haven't linked an application to any account, you will still be getting all the required information, such as BR, MR, etc, via emails.

And finally :) Even if you've linked an application to an account, you will still be getting some info in just emails (not via an account), such as AOR email, SA email, transferred to VO email, AOR2 email, and some additional docs request can also come as an email and not an account update. And these emails can be sent to both a sponsor and a PA, so please do check both mailboxes so that you don't miss any important request.

I hope this helps :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Is crazy at that pace gonna have letter of undertaking provincial agreement in a week :p

jeane_libatin

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Still haven’t got ours yet but we did get the email asking for additional documents which gave us assurance that they are looking at our case. Submitted those yesterday. Seen a few people have it come through a month after AOR. Let’s stay positive :)
Thanks.what additional doc they asked if you dont mind.

megs08

Aug 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Good day guys.. anybody had an issue in name spelling of an applicant? All our forms and documents are correct. My husbands name is Rolando. but the AOR email and ECAS says Roland.. can i still correct this?it might be a typo error on the side of CiC.

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Good day guys.. anybody had an issue in name spelling of an applicant? All our forms and documents are correct. My husbands name is Rolando. but the AOR email and ECAS says Roland.. can i still correct this?it might be a typo error on the side of CiC.
In my husbands address, spelling is wrong instead of Adnoc offshore it says adnc offshr . I think it is typo frm cic

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I know what you're talking about and I was confused in the same way by the same guide :)
So here's my reply. The information in the British Expat guide is incorrect. You can link an application to only one account. And yes, it can be either sponsor's account or PA's one, it does not matter. You do need to use only PA's info though. Please don't be confused about it. Again, even if you're linking an application to sponsor's account, PA's info must be used.
Basically, the difference is only who will be getting emails about any updates. If a sponsor is more into the process and understands it better, then link it to sponsor's account.
If you did link it to one of them and now want to re-link it to another one, you still can do that. But as soon as an application is linked to a new account, an old one will show a message something like "An application has been linked to another account".

Please don't mix this up with ECAS. There it's a different story. You can use it with both sponsor's and PA's info. If you use sponsor's, you see both applications (yes, for CIC they are two separate applications). If you use PA's info, you'll only be able to see PA's application.

And the last thing. You don't have to have accounts at all. Even if you haven't linked an application to any account, you will still be getting all the required information, such as BR, MR, etc, via emails.

And finally :) Even if you've linked an application to an account, you will still be getting some info in just emails (not via an account), such as AOR email, SA email, transferred to VO email, AOR2 email, and some additional docs request can also come as an email and not an account update. And these emails can be sent to both a sponsor and a PA, so please do check both mailboxes so that you don't miss any important request.

I hope this helps :)
Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

We were able to finally link the application to my husband's (the PA) account and yes, you're right, it un-linked the application from my account. It's likely better though that we did re-link it because initially it was linked using my UCI (from the AOR) but we see now that he has a different UCI that was on his biometrics letter. All the information is showing the same that we could see when linked either way so I don't think we've missed anything.

Now to get our application moved to VO! :)

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Hello folks, i am from punjab india and want to get medical done in chandigarh, could someone tell how can i get the appointment booked and how soon can

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hello folks, i am from punjab india and want to get medical done in chandigarh, could someone tell how can i get the appointment booked and how soon can
Isn’t the instruction written on your biometric request?

gaurav jaswal

May 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2014
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2015
Isn’t the instruction written on your biometric request?
Hi i am talking about medical not biometrics. I got biometrics letter but.not medical request yet. I am preparing myself ahead of time.