+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEBRUARY 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Lee&Stacey

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Switzerland. There are only 2 office that do are identified to do medicals for Canada. I had it in mind to call CIC next week if there was no form.
I don't want to cause you any worry about this because not everyone's case is the same and the appointment requests take into account where you live, however, our medical request form said it had to be completed within 30 days of the date of the letter. If you have a 3-month wait to get an appointment that could be a bit of an issue. When you made the appointment did you tell them you had a medical request letter already? Maybe people with a letter in hand are given priority? Or it is worth asking.

Or, as others suggested, you could contact CIC and explain that, especially if your letter says 30 days and you're not able to do it in that time.

Or, if you are able to get to London easily from where you are in Switzerland, we were able to get an appointment right away so they can't be too booked up there. In fact, if my husband been able to take the afternoon off work he could have had an appointment the same day as he called to make the appointment.

Again, I don't want to worry you because you might receive a letter that gives you more time if CIC knows that it is hard to get an appointment in your region, but these are some ideas to think about just in case.

Reactions: JanaG and alaria

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Switzerland. There are only 2 office that do are identified to do medicals for Canada. I had it in mind to call CIC next week if there was no form.
@schweisy might help you here with her experience. I know they couldn't find a doctor in Berlin or anywhere close and they finally booked one in 3 weeks from "Med requested" date somewhere in Frankfurt if I'm correct. So Germany is definitely an option for you if you're in Switzerland :)
Good memory! :p Yes, that was exactly our scenario. It's so frustrating! Some people post about getting their appointment for, like, 2 days later; meanwhile we couldn't even get the Berlin clinic to call us back (and their online calendar was showing appointments 6 weeks away). My husband took an 8-hour roundtrip to Frankfurt finally to get it done within the 30 days.

You were so clever to book your appointment ahead! I hope that it works out for you and the form has arrived by then. I have read, but have NO experience or authority on this, so take it with a massive grain of salt, that although you cannot do the medical for PR without the request form, you can do it if you tell the clinic you're doing an "up front exam" for a different immigration class. Not sure how that works when your application is already in process, or if it's really the best idea, etc, but mentioning it nonetheless....

If you end up not receiving the form in time and have to rebook, you absolutely can tell IRCC that you won't be able to complete the medicals within 30 days due to the lack of appointments with approved clinics there. If you decide you want to do it within the 30 days, I'm fairly certain you'll also be able to get an appointment in Germany within that time, if that's convenient for you.

What the heck is the deal with approved clinics in central Europe, eh?! :confused:

Reactions: JanaG

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Hi,
Does anyone here know anyone who has done medical in Montreal area? Do you know of any female panel physician where i can easily get an appointment? Also, does anyone have any idea about the cost for the exam in Montreal? My wife's application for sponsorship was received on the 19th of Feb. Praying hard for AOR right now.